Assault on Database 32

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Assault on Database 32

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 am

WARNING: This post contains 80 pictures. If you have dial up, then this is really going to suck.

To give a bit of back story, the Menggu were key players in the destruction of Avalon and are trying to reconcile their guilt by locating Semaj Nagirrac, who they believe may still be alive. They received a few leads stating that certain members of the Third Alliance knew Nagirrac's location, but to find that information the Menggu would need to access the Third Alliance's databases. Rather than wait for permission, the Menggu decided to storm Database 32, located within the Kingdom of Bavaria in a very old compound.

I played the part of the Menggu, while my hot wife played the part of the Third Alliance defenders.

The Menggu. Also, if you've been wondering this whole time, Menggu means "Mongolia" in Mandarin. Not the people, but the place. I chose this name because the Menggu are supposed to be a particularly brutal race. The character names in the story aren't Mongolian, because its a story and not history.

The Menggu commander is an old Slasher veteran from the Avalon invasions. He can't wait to get his pure OT sickle wet with the blood of the Third Alliance. He carries a blaster just in case his sickle doesn't reach.

Menggu Line Infantry in standard uniform and stolen Avalonian gear.

Hardsuits make another appearance in this battle.

Presenting the truly Brikwarsy CASTLE ARTILLERY!!! Complete with wheels, a very long gun and parapets!
The Castle Artillery is manned by two soldiers, but is guarded by four others. It is capable of blasting anything into obliteration and is perfect for hit and run situations.

Third Alliance Defenders. A joint task force of Bavarians, Fynns, and Prussians.

Prussian Commandos. The leader of this Third Alliance outpost is a Prussian commando. He is accompanied by two snipers in heavy armor. The location of this outpost is in the Kingdom of Bavaria, but falls under the jurisdiction of the Third Alliance itself, thus a Prussian was placed in command.

Bayerische Truppen. Strong, hardy and willing to get revenge for their Avalonian allies.

Bavarian Actors Guild. This comedy troop was putting on a piece about the current Bavarian-Britannian War. Then the Menggu showed up and now all citizens must do their part. Some actors are still in their Britannian costumes.

Fynnish Hakkapeliitta (Hakkapells). Hailing from the snowy world of Fynnland, these cavalrymen are armed with pressure swords and ride their loyal crocodile steeds. And armor plate is placed in front of the rider to protect from laser blasts.

Database 34. Two rockets can be launched for defense. The database itself is built from an old Norse outpost (the Norse being the father race of the Germanic races in the Brikverse. Their history is long and they successfully colonized many worlds). The microchip storing the information the Menggu want is in a chest in the center of the base.

The Menggu Staging Ground. Light barricades have been thrown up. The biggest challenge here is crossing the open ground between the opposing armies.

ROUND 1
My hot wife rolled a six and got to go first. She directs an actor to launch one of the rockets. She had another actor try to launch the other rocket at the same time, but he didn't know which button to press. She managed to get one to launch.

I really didn't want it to launch, so I rolled against her. She won. (Her dice will be on the right.)

She disabled the artillery.

And the large dish from the gun killed the driver. Oh well, at least another soldier could replace him.

Her Prussian snipers were placed wisely in high spots. They aimed for one of the gunmen on the Castle Artillery.

But missed.

Then it was time for the front line to open fire.

A Bavarian rolled a six.

And the gunman died. We decided to disable the blood effects for this battle to save time.

A Bavarian mans the rocket that didn't fire earlier. She decided to aim this rocket at my Slasher commander.

Yippee... another six... Luckily, she allowed me to roll for the commander's dodge. I also rolled a six and since we play "ties go in the defender's favor", I didn't have to lose my hero.

So she chose where it actually landed. I kinda wish she had taken the commander.

Yeah, I really wish she had taken the commander instead. With a direct hit to the center, the Castle Artillery is destroyed. The four men remaining on it are killed along with a soldier standing nearby.

A Bavarian tries to kill a soldier...

But he misses.

So another Bavarian tries to hit a different Menggu...

But he misses too.

Its my turn :twisted: ...

I order my hardsuits to fire a volley at some Hakkapells and troops behind them.

One of the cavalrymen sees the blast coming his way.

He's able to bail with his jet pack, but his mount is lost forever.

The Hakkapell lands directly in front of the Menggu barricade.

Then my hot wife rolled another pair of sixes for her soldier's defense from the other hardsuit.

They lived and she was glad.

I moved some infantry men up and began shooting at one of the Prussian snipers.

The sniper went down...

... but one of my guys rolled a 1 and his gun broke.

More Menggu soldiers fired at the other Prussian sniper.

"Oh, you can't hit me from that far..."

Oh yes I can!

I moved more soldiers around the barricade to catch the Hakkapell. This is where I realized that if I had been playing as Avalonian soldiers, I would have taken the man captive. If I was playing against Avalonians, I would have still captured the man, but used him as a hostage as Avalon would have negotiated for a single man's life.

But this is the Menggu Army!! No prisoners!!

This guy wanted to take out a Bavarian.

I finally got a six and my hot wife only got a one.

Tschuss!!!

The Slasher moved forward.

ROUND 2

Upset that I had taken out a few of her men, she ordered a Bavarian to open fire.

"Ha ha! Can't hit me!"

"What was that you were saying?"

"I wasn't saying anything..."

The men wisely moved behind cover.

An actor had a Menggu in his cross hairs...

... but he missed.

Another soldier aims at the enemy.

He misses.

"Seriously, how did you get in the army?" says an actor to the soldier.

"Now what are those heathens up to?"

BOOM

The soldier that launched the rocket destroying the Castle Artillery moves up to take a shot.

"It was in my hand, then suddenly-"

BOOM

The Hakkapelitta decide its time to advance.

Something special about these crocs that the Menggu should have known about...

... they're fire crocs. Suckage for me has been brought to a new level.

The other hakkapells move forward and try to melt the foundation of a barricade and let it fall on the Menggu.

Their rolls weren't sufficient. One of them decides to moon my men instead.

The Hakkapell hero moves forward and targets my commander.

Don't piss off Fynnland (Finland in the real world). At this point, its appropriate to mention that my mother-in-law is a Finn and my wife has been back to the Father Land twice. I don't know what she learned over there, but I learned tonight that you should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, try to break a Finnish defense. You think I would have known about the Winter War of '39-'40.

Overwatch. My side. Destroyed.

Overwatch. Her side. Happy.

I'll post the conclusion tomorrow.
Last edited by Semaj Nagirrac on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Re: Assault on Database 34

Post by Bragallot » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 am

Bavarian Actors Guild. This comedy troop was putting on a piece about the current Bavarian-Britannian War. Then the Menggu showed up and now all citizens must do their part. Some actors are still in their Britannian costumes.
Semaj, I think you just won the internet. You get incredibly creative with your troops. The Prussian snipers look great and the Hakkapells are just the bomb.

I knew we could count on your wife to make a good general. She is promoted to Komtur of the Bavarian Hinterlands and awarded a Prussian Medal for outstanding services:

Awarded to Prussian Officers for more than outstanding service to the war effort.
Also, up yours Zupponn! This is excellent, now don't just ruin it with a 'storyline conclusion the Menggu win anyway har har har' ya hear :twisted:
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:14 am

Nice shootout!

How is it that hot wives/girlfriends always win in Brikwars? I remember i got owned all the time as well.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:50 am

Apollyon wrote:How is it that hot wives/girlfriends always win in Brikwars? I remember i got owned all the time as well.
The dice favor them the most, just like everyone else.

Anyhow, awesome battle! Loved how you used Moria for the base!

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

Apollyon wrote:How is it that hot wives/girlfriends always win in Brikwars?
Not just in Brikwars. You let them win so you can get laid.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Bragallot wrote:Also, up yours Zupponn!
Huh? What did I do?

Also, great battle Semaj!

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 am

Saying the TA doesn't generate activity...? :twisted:
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:44 am

Hakkapeliittas? Fuck YEAH! And on friggin' fire crocs!
Fynnlund for the win! Really enjoyed reading the battle, hoping to see more of those hakkepeliittas :wink:
Btw Semaj, have YOU ever visited Finland?
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:01 am

My hot wife and I should be visiting there next summer. Since we already blew all of our money on school and a trip to Beijing in October, we can't make it to the Father Land. Her aunt and cousin did visit us here two weeks ago. They live in Kereva, so when we're over there that's where we'll be.
We'll need to get together and spill blood when we're there or if you come to the states.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:17 am

Kerava? As it happens, I live in Hyvinkää, which is like, 20 minutes away from Kerava. I smell possibilities :twisted:
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Hyvinkää? Really? Where that idiot shot those cops? That's awesome you live so close. We'll totally get together and spill fake blood with fake soldiers. Then we'll go into the sauna, jump in freezing cold lakes and repeat that cycle another 50 times!

You should send me some Finnish candy by the way. We're almost out of the chocolate. If you send me a box of JIM then I'll send you something American, probably the rent bill for my apartment. Deal?

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Bragallot wrote:Saying the TA doesn't generate activity...? :twisted:
It was meant to inspire activity, so I'm pretty sure it works, although I'm not sure if I really consider Semaj part of the TA anymore.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:52 pm

The Avalonian refugees are officially out of the Third Alliance. The Menggu tried to sneak attack them, but as we can see, it is clearly failing.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 am

Zupponn wrote:
Bragallot wrote:Saying the TA doesn't generate activity...? :twisted:
It was meant to inspire activity, so I'm pretty sure it works, although I'm not sure if I really consider Semaj part of the TA anymore.
If we had given him the databases, this battle wouldn't have been necessary 8)
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 pm

You've done the Fynns and Bavarians great justice, and your wife is to be rewarded handsomely for her excellent command of the TA forces.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k