The Reich Strikes Back!

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

The Reich Strikes Back!

Postby Colette » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:02 pm

The Brittannian League recently lost contact with the major city of Swensea in the Yellow Sector. Admiral Byron DeSilva sends a team to investigate and search for survivors.

Commander: This place seems pretty desolate. I don’t think anybody is left.

He is soon proven wrong, however, when a Royal Engineer bursts out to meet the squad, overjoyed at the sight of fellow Brittannians. He regales to them the story of the invasion, and about mysterious teknologies he saw used by the attackers.

*KABOOM*

The dark figure chuckles to himself as the Brittannians burn on their improvised pyre.

---

In the dying days of the Second Space War, piltogg was trapped in his Führerbunker, surrounded by evil Space Commies who wanted to settle the score with the Space Nazis once and for all.

In desperation, piltogg diverted all of the German car-company engineers to a final project to keep the flame of the Reich burning- a few Nazis would get the hell out of the galaxy and colonize an orbiting dwarf galaxy named the Magikallenic Cloud. While the scientists succeeded, it was too late for piltogg and his friends- the fist of the Space Commies crushed them.

Eighty G.R's later, the Fourth Reich is a flourishing empire spanning hundreds of systems. Despite this, they still have no führer, and are waiting for a man of piltogg's bloodline to take the throne. In the meanwhile they are led by Chancellor Angela, granddaughter of the original leader of the mission. 

News of the exploits of the Third Alliance and piltogg soon managed to reach even the distant Magikallenic Cloud, and the Space Nazis became interested in this alliance dedicated to racial purity. They also thought this piltogg figure could make a good führer if he truly was of piltogg's bloodline. Consequently, they sent a single expeditionary ship to the Galaxy Nehellenium led by Chancellor Angela to seek out piltogg and if appropriate crown him the führer of the Fourth Reich.

Now, the Space Nazis have landed in full force, meteorblitzkrieg-ing a planet belonging to their hated enemy the Brittannian League.

Chancellor Angela: Has the area been cleared?
Marine: Yes, mein Kanzler.
Chancellor Angela: Then bring in the occupation force.

A few Wehrmacht grunts march in at the order. I was a bit hard-pressed for infantry so that's how the backstory came about.

To supplement their small infantry forces (for now :twisted: ), the Wehrmacht also maintains a large force of mini-Panzers. They are in fact a Prowler variant so you know who to credit.

A Messerschmitt 163 Komet rocket-fighter flies in at a rather un-safely low altitude. It goes more than twice the speed of any comparable fighter jet of other nations and can achieve speeds of 700 miles per hour (Let's just say 48 inches per turn)

Finally, the pinnacle of Space Názi technology- the Tiger hover tank. It is no mere hover-tank though, its anti-gravity thruster ring enables it to be omnidirectional and space worthy. Its holds can transport 4 additional troops in addition to the two pilots. Ultimately, it can offer unprecedented flexibility on the battlefield and can serve as a tank, fighter, shuttle, dropship, or helicopter.

Group shot. Coming to an enemy of the Third Alliance near you!
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Re: The Reich Strikes Back!

Postby Chinook » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:06 pm

:fu:

I wanted to make Space Nazis, butI was going to use Space Skull parts. :cry:

Those Nazis look pretty awesome and the mini tanks are cool, too.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

ImageImage

Victoria et scientia, Ex gladio pax

Shadovia, Ferrum Rex
Chinook
Officer

Location: USA America, California, Rancho Cucamonga, Kleron V, on the throne, jammin' to dubstep

Postby Bragallot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Ooh :omnom:

Dark and ominous, I like it. Get more of the grey infantry or something similar, even if it's just a few guys, 'cos that's a fantastic unit design.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Colette » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Bragallot wrote:Ooh :omnom:

Dark and ominous, I like it. Get more of the grey infantry or something similar, even if it's just a few guys, 'cos that's a fantastic unit design.

If I get another one of those helmets I have the parts to make one more. This was originally going to be an Iron Sky cuusoo project before it took a life of its own, and I that's where the grey marine is based off of.

Colette

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Dat Saucer-tank!
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Apollyon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:11 pm

I had to laugh at chancellor Angela. Tanks, fighter and Ufo look really good and fitting, too. The minifigs do not do justice to the Wehrmacht though. Except for the dark grey one of course.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby Ben-Jammin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:49 pm

:shock: I have to steal that helmet design now...awesome stuff!
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Zupponn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:49 pm

That helmet looks sweet!
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby halo 3000 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Awesome! I like your prowler variant but my favorite is that hover tank! Very cool.
"My name is Art Vandelay. I'm an architect."~George Costanza
halo 3000
I though bringing it up might possibly get me one

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Colette wrote:(Let's just say 48 inches per turn)

Woah. There's a cap at 24 because any penalty more than -3 for movement means you pretty much HAVE to roll crits to shoot at anything (or to be hit by anything too but hey). I mean it's your game so do whatever you want, but that's pretty damn imbalanced (-8 to all ranged attack rolls). Also, moving almost 10 times as fast as a minifig makes any infantry kinda meaningless in comparison.

On the other hand, I love the way you designed the destroyed building. That's honestly the ideal setup for a brikwars battle; half-destroyed buildings only require half the pieces of a regular one. Also yeah, hover-tank's one of the coolest I've ever seen. You might do well to make this a primarily vehicle-based faction, and only have a few minifigs to root out tight places and inside buildings. Your dropship could drop them wherever they need to be, and then they just go nuts behind enemy lines or something. That tank I would estimate to have a structure level around 4, and the others at about 3.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Colette » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:27 pm

That's it. I'm going to shell out 10 bucks for the endor planet set, get another helmet, and make another Space Piltogg Marine due to popular opinion.

IVhorseman wrote:
Colette wrote:(Let's just say 48 inches per turn)

Woah. There's a cap at 24 because any penalty more than -3 for movement means you pretty much HAVE to roll crits to shoot at anything (or to be hit by anything too but hey). I mean it's your game so do whatever you want, but that's pretty damn imbalanced (-8 to all ranged attack rolls). Also, moving almost 10 times as fast as a minifig makes any infantry kinda meaningless in comparison.

On the other hand, I love the way you designed the destroyed building. That's honestly the ideal setup for a brikwars battle; half-destroyed buildings only require half the pieces of a regular one. Also yeah, hover-tank's one of the coolest I've ever seen. You might do well to make this a primarily vehicle-based faction, and only have a few minifigs to root out tight places and inside buildings. Your dropship could drop them wherever they need to be, and then they just go nuts behind enemy lines or something. That tank I would estimate to have a structure level around 4, and the others at about 3.

I'm planning on giving the pilots extra skill like maybe 1d8 or 1d10, and then missed-shots becomes a lifesaver. The inability to fire at anything was actually a real problem for the Me 163 Komet IRL so I wanted to recreate the "awesome but impractical"-ness.

Also, the vehicle-focused plan was actually what I was going to do. That was the rationale behind the Prowler tanks, to supplement the very limited infantry.
Colette

Postby Vami IV » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Ahahahhahaha! the age of the TA is nigh! Very good job on the vechs. I should add them to the wiki! It'll be hard for me to come up with something that is made in my factories that the Space Nazis won't 'meh.'
:studgod:

EDIT: Please note that I was 13 at the time of this post. It's Something.
Last edited by Vami IV on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Natalya » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 pm

I like the hover tank. Are there inside pictures?

Also, you call it either Galaxia Nehellenium or the Nehellenia Galaxy.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Bragallot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:55 am

How about using some rock raider helmets (which should be easier to get) with goggles and grey heads? The Imperial helmet has to be the best but I can see those working as well.

Btw I think that picture is virus-ed.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Ham701 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm

I need to get off my lazy ass, stop making new factions, and really bring the Hammersmith Empire up to speed.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor
Galidor

Next

Return to The Armoury