They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Rainbow War II: Jellybean Apocalypse Pt. 2, Turn 6

Post by stubby » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:02 am

Prologue | Turn 1 | Turns 2 and 3 | Turn 4 | Turn 5 | Turn 6 | Turn 7

TURN 6: RAINBOW KNIGHTS

It's too far to jump from the moat bank to the horse, but the VladTron spear sticking out of IVasscus's back gives him an idea!

He sticks the spear into a convenient crack to use as a springboard.

IVasscus does an acrobatic pirhouette off the fucking handle!

... and then he blows the Feat roll. Bad news! Water is death for anyone in armor!

Luckily, the moat is flowing water, fed by a waterfall at the west end, and it has 1d6" current. This is more than enough to carry IVasscus onto the flotsam of the exploded battle carriage. Tragedy averted, but IVasscus is still Disrupted.

TURN 6: TROTSKY THE HORSE

Good thing you gave orders to check for underwater traps. Those wooden posts that IVasscus was supposed to acrobat over are bristling with hidden spears, and the current would have carried Trotsky right into them.

Fortunately, there's no need to swim - the front part of the carriage hasn't caught fire yet, so Trotsky is able to use it as a stepping-stone to jump to the other shore.

The invincible guard stands between Trotsky and Stalin's body. He may be invincible against damage, but he's apparently vulnerable to a push from a Horse charging with 2d6 Momentum. Pow!

Trotsky has reached Stalin, but that's all he can do. His Move and Action are all used up.

TURN 6: VLADTRON FORCES

The fire spreads and the current carries the wrecked carriage a few inches downstream.

On the lead horse that IVasscus was about to jump on, the fire goes out completely. With no rider to guide it, the horse runs away from the fire on the drawbridge. The riders still on horses also have their fires go out. Two of the other horses, the drawbridge, and the war carriage, on the other hand, find their fires growing from 1" to 2" fires. Good thing Trotsky jumped on it when he did!

The VladTron knights have to make a roll to keep their burning horses from jumping into the moat. This one fails the roll. With all that Horse Armor on, that horse is not able to swim and will die.

The other Knight succeeds in keeping his horse from jumping in the water. Instead, it runs onto the moat bank to stop, drop, and roll, with the knight still in the saddle. His armor protects him.

The last remaining knight is not on fire, and decides to make a dash across the bridge. In the process, his horse catches fire.

The knight about to drown in the moat throws his spear and shield onto the shore, and jumps off the back of his doomed horse and, trusting his armor to protect him, jumps onto the moat spikes.

DRAYKO: The drawbridge is on fire! Pyromancers! Put it out!

Three pyromancers rush forward from their squads. One gets a much better Sprint roll than the other two.

TURN 6: Overwatch

IVasscus is Disrupted but all right for the moment, floating on debris that is moving downstream. Trotsky has reached Stalin, but it's unclear what he's going to be able to do with him now that he's got him. There are lots of disrupted VladTron knights around you, and one non-disrupted one heading over the bridge.

READY FOR TURN 7 ORDERS
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Re: Rainbow War II: Jellybean Apocalypse Pt. 2, Turn 6

Post by mgb519 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:54 am

It looks like Trotsky is eating Stalin or something, with the way his head is positioned and with the blood and whatnot.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 pm

Given their background, I wouldn't be surprised if he was.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:59 pm

Bragallot wrote:Given their background, I wouldn't be surprised if he was.
:owned:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Will Trotsky listen to me if I jump on him and try to ride him? Or is he loyal to a dead party?

More importantly, I'm disrupted - does this still require a full-round action to stand in magical jellybean armor? My orders will probably need re-adjusting but:

IF SO: Fuck this armor, I'm spending the turn taking it off and diving into the water. I'd carry it around so I can throw it on right before the waterfall and survive the fall, but that's munchkiny and what heroic egos are for anyways.

IF NOT: I'm standing up, and taking the hit from that knight on the bridge like a man - I'll even use a feat to goad him into attacking me. as soon as the pike from that knight comes in though, i'm grabbing it, pulling him off of the horse, and use his momentum to pull myself ONTO the horse. Consider it an extended heroic feat.

stubby

Post by stubby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:29 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Will Trotsky listen to me if I jump on him and try to ride him? Or is he loyal to a dead party?
I'll leave this one for silent-sigfig to decide.
IVhorseman wrote:More importantly, I'm disrupted - does this still require a full-round action to stand in magical jellybean armor? My orders will probably need re-adjusting but:
I'm going to say no, the magic that lets you move full speed in the armor also means you can stand up full speed. You just can't swim.
IVhorseman wrote:IF SO: Fuck this armor, I'm spending the turn taking it off and diving into the water. I'd carry it around so I can throw it on right before the waterfall and survive the fall, but that's munchkiny and what heroic egos are for anyways.
The waterfall is upstream, not downstream, so you're not likely to encounter it. Sorry I haven't done a better job of including it in any photos but I didn't think it would come into play.
IVhorseman wrote:IF NOT: I'm standing up, and taking the hit from that knight on the bridge like a man - I'll even use a feat to goad him into attacking me. as soon as the pike from that knight comes in though, i'm grabbing it, pulling him off of the horse, and use his momentum to pull myself ONTO the horse. Consider it an extended heroic feat.
I'll have to think about this feat a little to figure out how to properly fit it into the trickster/acrobat cliche. I'm on the other side of the country today so I can't check, but I think the drawbridge is high enough that the knight can't reach you without throwing the spear.

If he can actually reach you, it may be a Legolas-style acrobat feat of running up the spear shaft and kicking the knight in the face or something.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Alright well then in that case, I've got a few inches to play with. :twss:

I'm just gonna run up to the embankment then, and save my action and feat for disarming and dismounting that knight when he inevitably comes up to fight me. I want dat horse!

Aha! I'll use my trickster feat to convince him to fight me on foot, like an honorable soldier, and then I'll just take his horse and ride it away.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:57 pm

IVhorseman wrote: Aha! I'll use my trickster feat to convince him to fight me on foot, like an honorable soldier, and then I'll just take his horse and ride it away.
I almost snorted my drink on the keyboard when i read that. Totally in Jellybean Knight's character!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Trotsky should push stamina corpse away from he castle. Kick any shadow knights who get close. Hopefully IVasscus will lash him onto trotskys back.

Hey IVasscus, tie Stalin to trotskys back.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Stubby, do we have enough time in one turn for me to tie Stalin's corpse to Trotsky AND ride off into the sunset in one turn?

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:52 pm

If not, extended action: tie Stalin to Trotsky. Then, while Trotsky rides off, use a trickster feat to steal a shadow knight horse.

If IVasscus wants to tie Stalin to Trotsky then Trotsky and Stalin should stay as close as possible to IVasscus, and then sprint back to mocia
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Stubby, do we have enough time in one turn for me to tie Stalin's corpse to Trotsky AND ride off into the sunset in one turn?
Sadly, yes. I was looking forward to seeing how the trickster feat against the Shadow Knight was going to go, but it looks like you have just enough Move to reach Trotsky, strap Stalin in place, and then get carried off as Trotsky easily outruns the Armor-encumbered VladTron horses.

. . . Unless Drayko has one last surprise for you which I may or may not have thought of yet.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:04 am

It's less cool i guess but it's such a better plan.

If Stalin's corpse starts slowing us down I'm cutting him right the fuck off though.

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Wait... are you guys running away now?

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Cytheran wrote:Wait... are you guys running away now?
That's the mission. They've successfully sabotaged the drawbridge, now they've got to clear the area without rescuing Dogdu so that Lord VladTron can deliver a gloating monologue and reveal his evil plans.