Predator Scenario

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Thyclaine
Hero

Predator Scenario

Post by Thyclaine » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:22 pm

(If you've never seen any of the movies or read any of the books, you won't get a lot of this, and I don't have time to explain. Feel free to comment and ask.)

Predator: Brikwars

1: Setting

The setting for this scenario is a heavily forested and thick jungle/forest, or a heavily urbanized area. This is one of those scenarios where you could spend hours creating your landscape. It requires it, you'll understand later on.

Wide Open Areas, With Little Landscaping: BAD

Heavily landscaped/urbanized area: GOOD

It's also best if you lay out some ponds and streams, you'll see why soon.

2: Minifigs

Predator/Yautja

Skill: 1d8
Move: 6"
Armor: 12

A true hunter, these aliens can rip you to shreds just by thinking about it. Even without their technology, you'll never defeat one unless you think.

Predator/Yautja Weapons

Wristblades: Use:1 Range:CC Damage:1d8

Combi-Stick: Use:3 Range:CC Damage:1d8+1

Shoulder Cannon: Use:3 Range:12" Damage:1d8

Nuke: Use:4 Range: 16" Damage: 2d20

Notes: Can leap twice as far as a normal minifig. Cloaking Ability will be explained in detail soon. Nuke can only be used if the Predator is facing defeat.

Marines/Cops/Etc.

Skill: 1d4+1

Move: 5"

Armor: 4

These guys really don't do that much. Seriously. They screw up and make your job 5 times harder, and they shoot like a stormtrooper.

Marines/Cops/Etc. Weapons

Rifle: Use:3 Range:12" Damage:1d6

Pistol: Use:3 Range:6" Damage:1d6

Almost Useless Minigun: Use:5 Range:8 Damage 1d6

Knife: Use:2 Range: CC Damage: 1d6

Notes: Only Rifle-bearers can be chosen for a "Panic-Gun-Spray" effect. (More on this later.)

The Hero

Skill: 1d6+1

Move: 5"

Armor: 6

This guy is awesome. He's tough, fast, and can make puns in a combat situation with alien hunters.

Hero Weapons

Rifle: Use:2 Range:12" Damage:1d6+1

Pistol: Use:2 Range:6" Damage:1d6

Improvised Weapons: Use:2 Range:CC/6" Damage:1d6

Additional Rules and Specs

This scenario functions exactly the same as a normal Brikwars battle, but with these additional rules and specs.

Camo Device

At the beginning of every turn, players must roll dice as to whether or not the Cloaking Device will stay activated. The cloaks Use is 1d10. You know the rest.

Yes, the Predator can move while it's invisible. What I had in mind, to keep the spirit of suspense, that the other player/s must cover their eyes and turn around while the invisible Predator is moved. I strongly suggest you use a small tile to keep track of where the Predator is.

Also, if the Predator comes into contact with water, it loses it's Camo for a turn.

Panicked Gun Spray

Near the end of the game, if there is only one or two regular soldiers left alive, then the opposing player may roll a die (Use rating this is 1d6) to execute this effect. If he succeeds, he may choose one of your men to panic and spray his rifle in a finger cone. It does the regular damage, but it has no Use rating to fire the weapon. (This is especially useful when a fellow soldier is in front of him, or a large gas tank.)

Setting Traps

All minifigs can set traps using the bricks around them. It takes 1 turn for every 2 pieces to build. While your enemy is moving their troop/s, simply build a trap in front of your minifig. (Of course, you'll have to roll a Use. 1d6.) You then must wait the number of turns to simulate building. Traps usually do 1d6 of damage, but it depends on the size and materials.

Predator Damage/Regeneration System

To make it fair, I made this system for the Predator when it takes damage. Instead of the usual system, you'll subtract however much damage you did from his armor. (12) However, the Predator regenerates 2 armor each turn. If you have a better system for this, tell me.

Minifig Camo(Credit to IVHorseman)

Minifigs facing the Yautja may roll around in mud or dive into a lake to cool down their body temperature. The Yautja tracks down its prey with infrared, so when the minifig does this, it gains 2/3 cover. This can stack up so the minifig becomes completely invisible. (You can use the "turn around" thing that I mentioned to move your invisible minifig, or you can just pretend that the predator can't see him. The latter is much more true to the films.)

Honor

When a marine/cop/etc. minifig is the only one left, and is cornered by the Predator facing sure death, then the players must do a dice roll. (1d4) If the marine/cop/etc minifig wins, the predator must take off all his weapons and face him man-to-alien. This lowers the Predators armor to 8, making him much easier to kill.

Good luck, happy Brikwarring, and watch the trees!
Last edited by Thyclaine on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Time travel's been getting me down.

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 pm

awww where are the aliens?
can there be more predators?
(the regeneration system works pretty well you just have to remember)
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Predator Scenario

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:49 am

Thyclaine wrote: Predator Damage/Regeneration System

To make it fair, I made this system for the Predator when it takes damage. Instead of the usual system, you'll subtract however much damage you did from his armor. (12) However, the Predator regenerates 2 armor each turn. If you have a better system for this, tell me.
[/color]
I love these movies. as for healing, the predator should get a one-time use device that lets him heal 1d10 hit points if he spends a full turn using it, and uncloaks.

ALSO! you never mentioned why ponds and streams are helpful. here's a crude thrown-together system though:

Yautja use an infared vision system to find their prey. if you can cool down a minifig or lessen it's heat signiture (for example, by covering it with mud or standing in a river), the minifig gains cover as if it were behind 2/3 cover. this can stack to make a minifig invisible to the predator.

ALSO ALSO: am i the only one who loved the predator's kickass chakram? maybe it's because i played the old-school AVP computer game, and the chakram could be picked up over and over again and never run out of ammo like the rest of his crap. hell, even the spear used up energy.

for those of you unfamiliar with the Predator series, keep in mind that a Predator values honor above all else, and is in the game for the hunt as a sport and a ritual. the nuke is only used as a last-resort, suicide weapon. it's like seppuku, but with fallout.

Thyclaine
Hero

Re: Predator Scenario

Post by Thyclaine » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:07 am

IVhorseman wrote:
Thyclaine wrote: Predator Damage/Regeneration System

[/color]
I love these movies. as for healing, the predator should get a one-time use device that lets him heal 1d10 hit points if he spends a full turn using it, and uncloaks.

ALSO! you never mentioned why ponds and streams are helpful. here's a crude thrown-together system though:

Yautja use an infared vision system to find their prey. if you can cool down a minifig or lessen it's heat signiture (for example, by covering it with mud or standing in a river), the minifig gains cover as if it were behind 2/3 cover. this can stack to make a minifig invisible to the predator.

ALSO ALSO: am i the only one who loved the predator's kickass chakram? maybe it's because i played the old-school AVP computer game, and the chakram could be picked up over and over again and never run out of ammo like the rest of his crap. hell, even the spear used up energy.

for those of you unfamiliar with the Predator series, keep in mind that a Predator values honor above all else, and is in the game for the hunt as a sport and a ritual. the nuke is only used as a last-resort, suicide weapon. it's like seppuku, but with fallout.
Your system'll work too, but it might get too easy for the Pred to be killed.
Also, if the Predator comes into contact with water, it loses it's Camo for a turn.
Camo for minifigs idea is good, I'll add it into the post later.

Also, I might include an honor system later on. Y'know, if only one person is left, and they're cornered, you have to do a dice roll, and if you win, the predator must take off all his weapons and gadgets and fight you man-to-alien?

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:41 am

The stats for the Predator are awesome. Definitely something to take and use in other games, as a sort of ranged-combat variant of a Ninja. Now we just need stats for the Alien.

Erasmas
Hero

Post by Erasmas » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 am

Now we just need someone to put together a Predator minifig!
I am the Pantless Wonder!

Thyclaine
Hero

Post by Thyclaine » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Erasmas wrote:Now we just need someone to put together a Predator minifig!
From my experience, this is the best one I've seen:

As for Alien stats, I might make an Alien scenario. I can think of lots of Brikwars-friendly applications.

But keep in mind, I've read all the Predator and AVP comics, almost all of the Predator and AVP novels, the original Predator, and the first AVP movie. I know my Yautja.

However, I've never seen an Alien film other than bits and pieces of the first one, and the only source of info I have is my Alien novels.

It might not be as accurate as this one.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Whoever made that must have seen Alien v. Predator. It's a nice minifig.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:55 pm

Thyclaine wrote:
Erasmas wrote:Now we just need someone to put together a Predator minifig!
From my experience, this is the best one I've seen:

As for Alien stats, I might make an Alien scenario. I can think of lots of Brikwars-friendly applications.

But keep in mind, I've read all the Predator and AVP comics, almost all of the Predator and AVP novels, the original Predator, and the first AVP movie. I know my Yautja.

However, I've never seen an Alien film other than bits and pieces of the first one, and the only source of info I have is my Alien novels.

It might not be as accurate as this one.

Is that supposed to be scary?

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:08 pm

is it possible to make a lego minifig look scary??
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 pm

if we don't have those cool decals or the ability to make them
I was thinking the Kit Fisto (starwars jedi) head

and no minifigs can't look scary to us
but to other figs, hell yeah
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:55 pm

Oh ya; therez no wayz to make a fig scary

unless you give it scary decals

Jaye Tea
Officer

Post by Jaye Tea » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 pm

I kinda like this idea but the nomal guys need different weapons, in addition to their standard stuff for example: minigun, grenade launcher, some special native american spidey sense. I also have made a pred fig before, not as good as this one but I don't use decals, Im a purist. pics soon.
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!

Thyclaine
Hero

Post by Thyclaine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:34 am

Added stuff.

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:58 am

Lego batman vs. predator in a lego city, come on, you know you want it.