Several of my custom troops

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Several of my custom troops

Post by doodstormer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:38 am

I thought I'd show you guys a collective of all my custom figs, cause I'm awesome like that. :P

I'll start off with Henry Fitzworthy, the British Professional Guy That Kills People (Thanks to Max Maestro of SSLF for the name) and...
(Drumroll)
The Maniac!
Before the Maniac, there was no kicking of butt, taking of names, or blowing sh-- up. Before the Maniac, there was no Trogdor, My Little Ponies, or Mr. T.
THIS. IS. MY. SIG-FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!! (Collapses)
(NOTE: All sig-figs gain unbelievable powers when wielded by their master, otherwise they become cannon fodder for comics.)
These are a few of the Leon Soldiers. You've already seen these. Move along, nothing new.
This is Crafton(My medieval sigfig) and Arion, both are paladins of Leon. I made the skirt decal when I saw the torso and thought, "Why must such an awesome torso have no matching legs? GAAAAAAAH!!!" and then, Poof! Cool skirt thing.
These are my dwarves. Note that they are in FRONT of the elves, because Dwarves > Elves. ha. haha. HAHAHA!!!! Also note the cool decals I made.
These are my elves, made not with printed decals, but colored paper. I think they turned out well.
This is the minifig manifestation of the god Timethious, and his bride, the goddess of Winter. I need a name for her.
These are three members and one captain of the Society of Cruelty to Criminals. If you are an exceptionally bad boy, these guys will brutally injure you, fix you, do it again, and repeat until you realize what a baaaaad boy you've been. Then they eliminate you after you sign their "Autograph book".
Let me know if you want more pics of one.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:55 am

These are just amazing, may they fight to the end.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Wow. Those are great. You've done excellent work with decals, but I suggest for doing some decals for elves too.

I would really like to see some more shots of you're weapons and decals, and maybe a big group shot.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:42 pm

NICE. That skirt on Arion is fantastic, but what really blew me away were the Jayko helmets for shoulder plates on Timethious. I totally have to rip off your ideas now.

Do you have a graphic for Arion's skirt texture?

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Post by doodstormer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Do you mean you want the decal?
It looks kinda rough, and the color is oh-so-slightly off, but it looks great when applied, as you said.

Leonardo812
Nice Dubs

Post by Leonardo812 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:08 pm

ooh. I am totally stealing that Jayko helmet idea. Awesomness.
Great job, doodstormer.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:46 pm

Also stealing ideas. If you complain, sorry... Thats what we do here :D Great job... Especially like the god guy.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

picklesniffer
Champion
Champion

Post by picklesniffer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Amazing work, man.

nice decals.
Destruction is bliss.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:14 pm

my mind is blown. i applaud you. i'm actually more impressed with your work with cloth than anything. you've got that british guy's trenchcoat, and various shoulderpieces made out of... paper? i don't know. what exactly is the process of making a trenchcoat for a minifig? i'd also like to know how you sturdily attached shoulderpieces (paper and helmets).

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Post by doodstormer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:18 pm

Cardstock and model glue are your friends. Write that down. :P

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:24 pm

doodstormer wrote:Cardstock and model glue are your friends. Write that down. :P
but that's... permenant! i think...

inform me otherwise if it's not.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:52 pm

Excellent work dude, I am rather fond of the British Guy
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Excellent work! I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm totally stealing your ideas for my army. That helmet shoulder piece thing will work great for my Undying Tek heavy troopers!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

kidko
Officer

Post by kidko » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:43 pm

A bunch of those are definitely much better than anything that I could do. I used rubberbands once to hold 3 swords onto a minifig's back once, and that worked rather well. Did you use one, or two, or more? And what does The Maniac actually have? I can see a small axe, the big axe, and a rifle/gun/thing (hammer in back? I'm defintely stealing that idea!). Off to the right... is that black thing part of him, or just part of something else behind him?

Good job, regardless.

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Post by doodstormer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:54 pm

kidko wrote:A bunch of those are definitely much better than anything that I could do. I used rubberbands once to hold 3 swords onto a minifig's back once, and that worked rather well. Did you use one, or two, or more? And what does The Maniac actually have? I can see a small axe, the big axe, and a rifle/gun/thing (hammer in back? I'm defintely stealing that idea!). Off to the right... is that black thing part of him, or just part of something else behind him?

Good job, regardless.
I used two rubberbands, one small, one big. He has: Two hatchets, a machine gun, and a battleaxe(Halberd cut short)

@ Piltogg: A Brikwarrior who fears stickers and glue? ah, what a sad day it will be when he is faced with U.G.A. Apocalypse Cannons...