The Invasion

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Theblackdog
Pooplord

The Invasion

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Admiral Blackdog wrote:Lord Admiral, I have consulted with my officers and decided to strike at the T.L.A. They are currently no threat to our Empire, but they have declared their allegiance to that ragtag bunch of lesser nations calling themselves the "anti-Immortals", and if we move now we can destroy them and take their newly claimed world before they have a chance to entrench. If we succeed in taking At zero hours this day, our fleet began action against T.L.A. spacecraft in orbit, and by noon we were ready to land ground troops.
Admiral Blackdog's fleet emerges in orbit around the T.L.A.'s new home. Most of the T.L.A. fleet is destroyed instantly; only a few ships escape into deep space or around the far side of the world.

On the bridge of the Conqueror, Admiral Blackdog's land flagship, Blackdog consults with one of his officers.
"Admiral, the T.L.A. capital has fallen and their forces are in retreat on all fronts. Our boys are giving them a sound thrashing, by the looks of it."
"Excellent. What of their leader, this... President Bob the Unbuilder?"
"Our intelligence says that he escaped their capital aboard a small hover transport. This ship is too slow to pursue them, so we're sending the Challenger to intercept."
"Smashing good work. Is there time for me to board? He may be protected by their best troops -- I wish to see how they perform in combat."
"Certainly, sir."

Minutes later, the Challenger, with Blackdog and two Marine swordsmen aboard, is in hot pursuit of the Speedy Hovering Infantry Transport carrying President Bob the Unbuilder and his guard troops.

Ahead of them, the flat, beige desert is broken up by an oasis containing some ancient ruins.
"Why the hell are we still running?" President Bob the Unbuilder demands.
"Mister President, they've got twice our firepower. I don't think we can take them head on --"
"Fuck yes we can! Turn this thing around!" He starts up his chainsaws in a manner more threatening to the S.H.I.T.'s crew than to their enemies.

The driver makes a right turn, hoping to hide behind the terrain, but miscalculates and leaves himself exposed...

The Challenger fires its starboard side rocket-torpedoes at the S.H.I.T.

Fortunately, they miss.

The Steam Gatling fires, but misses as well.

Admiral Blackdog lines up a shot with his sniper rifle...

... which goes through two of the T.L.A. guard troops.

The S.H.I.T. gets turned all the way around and charges at the Challenger, but its weapons cannot pierce the landship's hull.

The last remaining jump trooper lifts off and fires on the landship's occupants, but misses.

The landship's captain responds with overkill.
*whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...*

*clunk*
"BLASTED BLOODY NEWFANGLED MECHANICAL DEVICES!"

A crewman repairs the gun, but it's lost its chance to fire this turn.

The landship turns and brings its portside rocket-torpedoes to bear on the S.H.I.T.

Direct hit! The S.H.I.T. is destroyed and its pilot is killed. Bob seems unaware that anything has happened.

The jump trooper fires on Blackdog, wounding him. Bob the Unbuilder climbs onto one of the ship's sponsons.

A S.T.U.D.S. full of assault commandos arrives to support the T.L.A.

The crewmen reload their rocket-torpedo launchers, and Blackdog fires on the hovering jump trooper...

... who winds up extremely dead as a result.

It seems that reinforcements have arrived for the Britannians as well...

Bob the Unbuilder leaps onto the landship's deck, decapitating one crewman and the Captain.

He advances on Blackdog, preparing to chainsaw him to death...

... but Blackdog will have none of it, and shoots him in the chest in a most unsporting fashion.

He then disembarks, unwilling to share the landship with a dual-chainsaw-wielding maniac.

The Conqueror moves up... slowly.

Its spotter plane lifts off, and circles around to get close to the action.

The S.T.U.D.S. flies over the Challenger and deploys two flame troopers. They burninate the remaining enemies on the ship in short order.

"Mister President, it's a good thing we found you when we did. There's a scoutship waiting to take you off-planet. We'll transport you there!"
"Leave? NOW? I'm not even done yet! Look, they still have an entire landship RIGHT THERE!"
"Mister President, you're not suggesting we attack a land battleship, are you?..."
"I'll take the helm. You, man the rocket launchers! You, man the other rocket launchers!"
"This is suicide! We can't possibly beat them all--"

"FUCK YES WE CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

The rockets glance harmlessly off the Conqueror's hull, but Bob the Unbuilder scores a lucky hit on a six-pounder gun turret. A pretty impressive shot, especially given that he was holding a pair of running chainsaws the entire time.

The STUDS downs the Blenheim spotter plane. The plane's jet engine breaks free from its mounting and ingests the pilot, leaving only his hat behind.
Last edited by Theblackdog on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: The Invasion

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Suddenly, a sniper shot rings out from a cluster of rocks nearby, and Blackdog hears a bullet whistle past him...

He turns around and fires, but his assailant has already ducked behind cover.

The Conqueror's AA guns fire at the S.T.U.D.S.

Its six-pounder cannon fire at the Challenger...

And destroy its Steam Gatling.

Its bombards fire, but without the Blenheim to spot for them, they both miss.

The S.T.U.D.S. circles around behind the land battleship, preparing to deploy troops on its rear deck.

With his Steam Gatling gone and the rocket launchers unloaded, Bob the Unbuilder knows there's only one thing left to do.
"RAMMING SPEED!"
"Sir, I don't think we'll actually do any --"
"BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

The Challenger is totaled, but the Conqueror is unharmed.

Bob the Unbuilder charges aboard, with the flame troopers right behind him. One tries to kill an AA gunner, but misses.

A crewman with a pistol and cutlass charges, firing at Bob the Unbuilder as he goes. Other crewmen, armed with pistols, cutlasses and electromagnetic blunderbusses, move up but can't get a line of fire due to the massive bombard turret.

The AA guns continue to fire at the S.T.U.D.S.

The crewmen on the deck have put up a valiant defense against the boarders, but so far it has only served to make Bob angry.

The flame troopers finish off the crew on deck.

Meanwhile, Blackdog continues his duel with the mysterious sniper.

Both of them are well hidden behind cover, and neither can score a hit.

The STUDS deposits the remaining three Assault Commandos -- a sniper, a grenadier, and an officer -- on the land battleship's rear deck. A precisely aimed grenade kills the entire bridge crew.

Belatedly realizing that his ship has been boarded, Blackdog breaks off from his duel to snipe one of the T.L.A. flame troopers.

Marines from the lower deck arrive on the main deck level to fight. A steam minigunner mows down the T.L.A. officer.

A Marine with an Enervated Phlogiston Projector fires at Bob the Unbuilder, scoring a direct hit.

Nobody really knows what enervated phlogiston is, but we now know that it makes Bob the Unbuilder very angry.

He cuts down the steam minigunner as well. The other troops on the deck dispose of the AA gunners.

Three Britannian Marine riflemen sneak out through the ship's rear door. Are they running in terror? No! They turn around and deliver a salvo directly into the backside of the enemy, felling the T.L.A. grenadier! It appears to be a superb strategical maneuver...

... but it doesn't work out too well in the long run.

The Briklympics judges awarded him a "10", especially after he threatened them with the chainsaws.

In front of the landed S.T.U.D.S., the President meets with his remaining troops.
"Sir, the capital has fallen and the Britannians outnumber us. We're evacuating everyone to the underground caverns. Our army will hold the entrance, but we need to get to that scoutship. We'll contact some of the other Anti-Immortal groups, see if they can spare a few ships to help us --"
"Diplomacy? Fuck that shit, I have a much better idea..."

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:54 am

Bob the Unbuilder, he may very well surpass Warhead for most Brikwarsiest MiniFig...

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Bob = win.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Wow. That was a pretty one sided battle. Too bad that Blackdog couldn't support his troops better.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:38 am

hot damn! bob the unbuilder is a boss!!

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:32 pm

On the now-abandoned battlefield, a pair of figures still crouch behind a rocky outcropping...

"You MISSED!? TWICE? How could you possibly --"
"Lord Caleb, Blackdog is a skilled sniper in his own right. Had I remained exposed long enough to draw a bead on him, I would have been killed myself."
"Argh, you're useless! We've got to wait for another chance to get him..."

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Those landboats provide some sick CC! Great job as always blackdog!
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Ex_Bajir
Officer

Post by Ex_Bajir » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:39 pm

:666:
The Ex-Bajir, the last Commander of the Legio Mortis.