Strengths Finder

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Strengths Finder

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Has anyone else heard of this. Its pretty interesting. The university I work at provided me with a copy of a book that supposedly tells you what your five greatest strengths are out of a list of 34. I got the book for free, so I didn't think it would hurt to try, but it came with a link for a self assessment and when I completed it I was pretty surprised with how accurate it was. My hot wife confirmed a lot of what was said and its got me thinking about how I handle situations and overcome them.

I figured we're a pretty diverse group, but most of us have LEGOs in common. Some people are here just to troll, which is kinda funny, but lame at the same time. I think it would be interesting to see what others here score on the self assessment.

If you're wondering, the book is the result of a 30-40 year long experiment of best practices and personal philosophies that successful and people with the potential to be greatly successful that have been recorded and narrowed down 34 strengths. Its an interesting read and very insightful. Anyone else here read this?

And yes, there is plenty of application to Brikwars. One of my strengths was "Ideation", which means I have a love of ideas and connecting obscure phenomena together. My biggest question on this forum is whether or not Warhead and Colette are actually the same person. If they are, how can they/it be defeated?
SIR_WHO wrote:Making Semaj angry is like inviting several bears to come and chill in your house, while you have steaks tied to yourself.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Re: Strengths Finder

Postby Silverdream » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 pm

For thousands of years humans evolved into what eventually became two divergent life forms. Colette, born in the fiery heart of Asia was taught and born of intellect, trickery and given skills helpful to your everyday administrator. Due to his small stature he became more and more reliant on his mind. Those that became booty bothered because of him called him Pedonuker, named after a villain slain by the Canadian troll called Silverdream. Though Colette studied and tried harder than most everyone, his peers would berate and ignore him.

Meanwhile on the other side of the planet, a giant with flaming red hair was born in the fierce cold of the Scottish highlands. Though he grew up as a scoundrel and vulgarian, he learned both street smarts and book smarts, knowing how to properly kill someone with nothing but a pair of sneakers and gravel as well as Wellington's campaigns against Napoleon. His physical stature and intelligence lead him to becoming a man of the law, beating up pedophiles and doing boring paperwork. Though he became a hero everywhere he went he had one clear weakness, his rabid mom lust.

Warhead and Colette are polar opposites, much like the USA and USSR, or France and England, or the North Pole and the South Pole. If they were to suddenly fuse together they would probably become stubby or NatalyaAF.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:41 am

Silverdream wrote:For thousands of years humans evolved into what eventually became two divergent life forms. Colette, born in the fiery heart of Asia was taught and born of intellect, trickery and given skills helpful to your everyday administrator. Due to his small stature he became more and more reliant on his mind. Those that became booty bothered because of him called him Pedonuker, named after a villain slain by the Canadian troll called Silverdream. Though Colette studied and tried harder than most everyone, his peers would berate and ignore him.

Meanwhile on the other side of the planet, a giant with flaming red hair was born in the fierce cold of the Scottish highlands. Though he grew up as a scoundrel and vulgarian, he learned both street smarts and book smarts, knowing how to properly kill someone with nothing but a pair of sneakers and gravel as well as Wellington's campaigns against Napoleon. His physical stature and intelligence lead him to becoming a man of the law, beating up pedophiles and doing boring paperwork. Though he became a hero everywhere he went he had one clear weakness, his rabid mom lust.

Warhead and Colette are polar opposites, much like the USA and USSR, or France and England, or the North Pole and the South Pole. If they were to suddenly fuse together they would probably become stubby or Natalya.

:ftw: :boss:
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm not convinced. I think everything you just said is a fabrication to cover up the truth. You're all in on this, aren't you?
SIR_WHO wrote:Making Semaj angry is like inviting several bears to come and chill in your house, while you have steaks tied to yourself.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Postby Predator » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:out of a list of 34.

:warhead:
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)

Get Him!!!! :fist:

This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.
Predator
Jaw-Jaw

Return to General Discussion