Britannia : Blue Sector Codex (Minfigs and fighters 3/26/14)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: Britannia : Blue Sector Codex (Vulcan Bomber Added 9/7/1

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:13 am

And that sun'bitch fighter is so totally getting written into the Scythian Shorts from now on, along with the landships.

Too awesome to pass up putting those into fiction.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:18 am

That groupshot is :666:

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Okay, now I want to build a landship. Good job, especially with that bomber.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:09 pm

The bomber suspicially looks a lot like the Sonic Boom set from Creator. But it is so much better! Well done, sir.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Apollyon wrote:The bomber suspicially looks a lot like the Sonic Boom set from Creator. But it is so much better! Well done, sir.
It was inspired by the real-life Avro Vulcan bomber. I got to see the last flyable aircraft perform at Farnborough and it's an amazing aircraft, even capable of limited aerobatics in spite of its 100-foot wingspan. The Creator jet has a similar wing, but it seems to be a mix of several different fighter jets.

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:25 am

Spoiler
Show
Sonic Rainboom
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Nuuh! :shock: Vulcan Star Fighter sooo purty! :guinness:

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Watch out STDs, gun-blistering Landships and beautifully sleek and deadly Vulcans are on the loose!

Fantastic work! :guinness:

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: Britannia : Blue Sector Codex (Typhoon Added 12/26/13)

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Little is known about these new starfighters, even within the ranks of the Britannian military. Prototypes were first spotted on test flights around remote military bases at about the same time that Admiral Blackdog returned from the T.L.A. homeworld of Refuge, where he had been stranded since the end of the Britannian invasion attempt. Official documents are heavily censored, but do reveal that the fighter is known as the Typhoon.

Visual inspection suggests several similarities between the Typhoon and T.L.A. fighters. The sleek, blended wing/body aerodynamics are a major departure from standard Britannian design, but a common feature among T.L.A. aircraft; likewise the engines and windowless virtual-reality cockpit appear similar to those found on T.L.A. fighters such as the F.L.A.S.H.. Rumors are that Admiral Blackdog managed to steal a tremendous amount of T.L.A. design data during his escape.

The Typhoon's armament is somewhat more conventional, similar to that found on the Spitfire light fighter; it carries a set of six light machine guns that are highly accurate and destructive at short range, but lack any sort of armor-piercing capability. Some aircraft have also been observed with a rocket pod mounted on top of the fuselage.

In addition to its extremely powerful main engines, the Typhoon is equipped with two secondary wingtip thrusters for extra speed and agility.

No one knows exactly where this fighter originated, but if it represents the future of Britannian technology, then the Queen's armies are about to become more formidable than ever.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Looks sexy.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Very sleek, good use of SNOT and greebling.
Image lol j/k

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: Britannia : Blue Sector Codex (Fleet update 3/20/14)

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:35 pm

With Admiral Blackdog's return to the sector, the Britannian fleet has begun another phase of modernization.

Patrol Gunboats are the backbone of the fleet, providing defense against enemy fighters and frigates.

Admiral Blackdog himself created the first armed courier to use as a command ship during a raid into Scythian space. Since then, the design has become popular as an anti-frigate platform because of its raw speed and firepower.

I love how this engine turned out.

The first Patrol Monitors were hastily converted gunboats, created to supply badly needed anti-capital firepower to squadrons on the Scythian border. When Admiral Blackdog returned from Refuge, he developed production version of the Monitor. Combining agility, armor, and firepower, these ships pose a serious threat to much larger enemy vessels.

Ark Royal- class carriers ensure Britannian aerospace superiority wherever they travel. Capable of launching entire squadrons of Spitfire fighters or Vulcan bombers, they can also throw up a massive curtain of flak and laser fire to deter approaching enemies.

Their armament is geared towards fighter defense with two flak guns and two light laser cannons, but the Vulcan bombers provide more than enough anti-ship firepower.

The Horatio- class is an upgrade of the Nelson-class which sacrifices anti-fighter weaponry for a trio of heavy lasers. A heavy torpedo launcher allows it to engage enemies at range.

After returning from Refuge, Admiral Blackdog formed the Bad Dogs, a special-forces unit made up of Britannian soldiers who had managed to escape with him. Their fleet consists of ships stolen from pirates or T.L.A. outposts during their flight to Britannian space.

The Black Sun is Admiral Blackdog's command ship. Made from a T.L.A. railgun frigate and a pirate missile boat, it can rain down immense firepower at long range while outmaneuvering attackers who attempt to get close.

Tiger Shark frigates are a common sight among pirate fleets, and the Bad Dogs use this one when they want to travel without being identified. Armed with two light lasers to repel fighters and a missile launcher to disable their prey, they are useful in almost any situation.

The Wolfhound may be Admiral Blackdog's greatest creation. Built from the scraps of several T.L.A. frigates and a pair of Britannian heavy lasers, it at first appears to be a faster and more fragile equivalent of the Patrol Monitor. But its greatest strength is the overdrive unit within its hull. Stolen from a T.L.A. Gamma-class frigate, this unit allows it to charge its lasers and then fire them at twice the usual rate for a limited time. The Wolfhound's crew run the unit to the edge of its operational tolerances to make it work with the heavy lasers, but it's worth it for the ability to outgun a cruiser.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Very nice. I'm digging the black and yellow colour scheme.
Image lol j/k

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:23 am

Thanks. The idea is that it's a common pirate color scheme, and Blackdog paints his ships that way so they can't be traced back to the Crown.

I'm planning on using these ships in a chat battle -- who is interested, and when would they be available?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:12 pm

I'm available today, but that's it for this weekend. On Sunday I won't have enough time.
Image lol j/k