Newsfeed contributors

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

Re: Newsfeed contributors

Postby stubby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Huh, I just checked, looks like you're right. I can't figure out how to give people at the "Contributor" rank upload rights yet. In the meantime, until I do, maybe you can just add a note to the bottom of your entries with a link to whichever image you think would fit, and I'll drop it in.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby stubby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Silverdream wrote:Where do I log in?

The link is at the top of the PM I sent you with the username and password.
stubby

Postby stubby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Also, if I set you up with access to publish straight to the newsfeed without an editor's help, you should probably be using buttons like "preview" and "save draft" instead of publishing half-finished stuff straight to the top of the frontpage.
stubby

Postby Keldoclock » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Sign me up!

stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 am

stubby wrote:Image

Also, if I set you up with access to publish straight to the newsfeed without an editor's help, you should probably be using buttons like "preview" and "save draft" instead of publishing half-finished stuff straight to the top of the frontpage.

Yeah, for some reason my browser effed up , I did keep using save draft and preview to check that post throughout the entire bloody process.

Safari, Rockmelt and firefox all choked and died while I tried making that post - and for some reason I cannot set up thumbnails (I was reading that post WHEN I made my post to the newsfeed and was busy swearing my head off) and eventually figured that there was something I either couldn't see on my end, or something in wordpress itself that that would make my thumbnail like the other posts.

Then the website died so I couldn't actually check, and then small person happened.

Sorry abou that Mike, I'll go back to my corner now.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby stubby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:57 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:Safari, Rockmelt and firefox all choked and died while I tried making that post - and for some reason I cannot set up thumbnails (I was reading that post WHEN I made my post to the newsfeed and was busy swearing my head off) and eventually figured that there was something I either couldn't see on my end, or something in wordpress itself that that would make my thumbnail like the other posts.

Well I've gone in and moved stuff around, you should be able to take a look at how it all fits together now (I think) - the thumbnail stuff is all in the right column, but you have to scroll down to see it I think.
stubby

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:31 am

stubby wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Safari, Rockmelt and firefox all choked and died while I tried making that post - and for some reason I cannot set up thumbnails (I was reading that post WHEN I made my post to the newsfeed and was busy swearing my head off) and eventually figured that there was something I either couldn't see on my end, or something in wordpress itself that that would make my thumbnail like the other posts.

Well I've gone in and moved stuff around, you should be able to take a look at how it all fits together now (I think) - the thumbnail stuff is all in the right column, but you have to scroll down to see it I think.

Yeah, I had scrolled down and used the "Insert thumbnail" function to add the bastard oversized image - again, no idea why it did what the fuck it did, it simply took forever to do anything, wouldn't show me previews when I wanted it too - and then gave up and died on my end when I made the post.

So yeah . . . I'm just gonna leave that alone, for a while.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby alphafalcon541 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Can I help with this
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Postby stubby » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:19 am

I started pinning stuff from the forum to a BrikWars Pinterest board a few months ago, and today I had the bright idea to use it for the newsfeed:

http://brikwars.com/category/forum-highlights/

I also noticed Colette had put a newsfeed post up for approval last week and I didn't spot it until now. So that's up too.
stubby

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:20 pm

stubby wrote:You can write about anything you want, not just your own threads. I set you up with "Contributor" access so that you can write whatever you want and an editor can look over whatever you submit and decide what to do with it. (And also format links and thumbnails to match the newsfeed style etc.)

I want that that opens whole new doors for trolling, :shock: I want to see how long it takes before I can make scythe start banging his head on a wall :mrgreen:
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby stubby » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:17 am

Okay I'll take that suggestion under review and give it the consideration it deserves
stubby

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:52 am

I wish what did open the doors. I could make maverick bang his head across doors so hard.
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Maverick » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:26 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:I wish what did open the doors. I could make maverick bang his head across doors so hard.

Sadistic old fart. Half of that didn't make any sense.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Diarrhoea Forever
Diarrhoea Forever

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby Nimja » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:33 am

Some of it did
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN