Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Natalya » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:15 am

Pwnerade wrote:Remember, kids: Saying hateful things is wrong, except for when its on the internet or in a game. Then it magically doesn't matter.


Well in this section of the internet saying hateful things is wrong and there is a ban for it.

Don't get me wrong though, having a discussion like this isn't something that will get you banned.


@Warhead:
Are you trying to say there was like hazing involved in the police force? To me that just indicates that the culture was kinda sub-par and unprofessional. No offense intended, but hazing is a dumb-fuck thing to have going on for any organization.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5414
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Zupponn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:27 am

Natalya wrote:@Warhead:
Are you trying to say there was like hazing involved in the police force? To me that just indicates that the culture was kinda sub-par and unprofessional. No offense intended, but hazing is a dumb-fuck thing to have going on for any organization.

If people in the Army or Police force can't stand a little hazing, then they're in the wrong profession. Hazing is nothing compared to what they have to deal with.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5998
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Natalya » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 am

Doesn't make it not stupid.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5414
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Zupponn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 am

And while we're on the topic (sort of), wtf's up with Latino History Month? I didn't even know that that is a thing until this year. I knew that there's a Black History Month, which is fine and has been around for a long time, but seriously? Soon we're gonna have to have Oriental History Month (except they all hate each other and we'll probably end up having Japanese History Month and Chinese History Month) and Arabic History Month, but fail to have White History Month because, you know, that's racist or something.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5998
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:53 am

Zupponn wrote:we'll probably end up having Japanese History Month and Chinese History Month) and Arabic History Month, but fail to have White History Month because, you know, that's racist or something.

Not racist, just redundant. The other eight months of the school year are all White History Months, and even in "Black History Month" they don't teach black history, they teach "These Are Some Black People Who Impacted on White History." Because, not to give away the hidden subtext, but "Those Are The Only Kind of Black People Who Mattered." Do you think you're going to learn a single thing about black people during the span of that month that isn't centered on how white people related to them? Black History Month is just another brand of White History Month.

Let's talk hypotheticals. Imagine they had a Chinese History Month. China is an ancient land and culture with incredibly interesting history spanning not just centuries but millenia. Do you think they'd teach you about any of that? Or would they teach you about Chinese people in America who proved to white people that Chinese people are good for more than building railroads or some other stereotype? Spoiler alert, despite having the richest and most epic history to draw from of any culture since the dawn of mankind, Chinese History Month would be all "Chinese People Who Changed The Way White People Thought About Things" because Only White People Are Important.
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 5076
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Natalya » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 am

Every month is Natalya is Awesome Month.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5414
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Zupponn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 am

stubby wrote:
Zupponn wrote:we'll probably end up having Japanese History Month and Chinese History Month) and Arabic History Month, but fail to have White History Month because, you know, that's racist or something.

Not racist, just redundant. The other eight months of the school year are all White History Months, and even in "Black History Month" they don't teach black history, they teach "These Are Some Black People Who Impacted on White History." Because, not to give away the hidden subtext, but "Those Are The Only Kind of Black People Who Mattered." Do you think you're going to learn a single thing about black people during the span of that month that isn't centered on how white people related to them? Black History Month is just another brand of White History Month.

Then why bother having it? Why bother having any of them? Why not treat everyone equally and have no specific history months?
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5998
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:17 am

I think because if you say "treat everyone equally" then it's straight back to nine months of whites-only history. It seems stupid, but even in 2012, getting the guys who set the curriculum to admit that black people exist at all is still kind of a huge victory.
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 5076
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Zupponn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:32 am

stubby wrote:I think because if you say "treat everyone equally" then it's straight back to nine months of whites-only history. It seems stupid, but even in 2012, getting the guys who set the curriculum to admit that black people exist at all is still kind of a huge victory.

An interesting thing is that you seem to be focused on schools, while I am not. Remember that the news and other TV stations also participate.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5998
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:12 am

Really? I don't watch TV at all, so I honestly had no idea, I only know about the school part of it. What does the TV do for black history month?
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 5076
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Tzan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:52 am

User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5140
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Dyn-o-mite!!!
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 5076
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Tzan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Wow for a guy that doesn't watch TV you sure know your black history.

In an episode of Black Dynamite a guy was reading a newspaper,
the name of the paper was "Good Times" written in the same font as "The New York Times".
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5140
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Arkbrik » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

stubby wrote:Really? I don't watch TV at all, so I honestly had no idea, I only know about the school part of it. What does the TV do for black history month?

When I watched the MLP livestreams I got a peek at the crazy world of American television. In Black History Month they kept showing this short ad about how a black guy was on the Challenger when it exploded. It was apparently the greatest achievement in black history or something.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
User avatar
Arkbrik
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 pm

You know, I bet if they made a movie with this cast:

Image

McNair would die first. Image
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron