The Aegisians of Still-dust: Part 1 LDD pics of real stuff

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Tarkaris
Hero

The Aegisians of Still-dust: Part 1 LDD pics of real stuff

Post by Tarkaris » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:26 pm

It all began millenia ago during a time lost to history, When the Pre-Aegisians were only beginning to travel among the stars.They were a peaceful nation, with advanced droids, architecture, and protection. Their planet prospered and so did their technology, even beginning to venture to new planets... Until they met the Whispering ones:
(These were made solely in LDD, I've yet to make something like this in out of real briks)

The Whispering ones where an insect like race who had stolen technology from other worlds and had brought it back to their homeworld eons ago. When the Pre-Aegisians discovered the whispering planet that was the home of these monsters, the creatures began a full scale assault upon the Pre-Aegisian homeworld. Escaping with their lives, the mini's who had discovered the dark and terrifying world returned to their people and spread the news that they would need to defend themselves. Despite their shield technology cloaking their home planet, the Pre-Aegisians had no choice but to forsake their home world.

The Pre-Aegisians found a solar system with a habitable planet. The new world was a place of wonder and peace... Until the Whispering ones shortly followed and decimated the planet from orbit. The Whispering ones then left, returning to the unknown regions of space where their planet lies.

The survivors of the planetary bombardment were mostly young. Those that were old died before they could pass on their knowledge. Then the wars began.

The Pre-Aegisians reverted back to a medieval state, the planet torn asunder by the clashing of blade and the release of arrow. For over 900 years this conflict continued until the last great battle.

The Pre-Aegisians had split into two factions, the Inheritors and the the Heirs. Each side believed that it was to be the sole people upon the planet, neither knowing their shared history and lineage. The battle became sore until a boy appeared, wielding a magic shield. It was then the "spirit" within the shield revealed itself and halted the battle. The spirit explained that his name was Aegis.

Aegis explained he was what the Pre-Aegisians had once called an "A.I." Mesmerized, the people listened to the wise being and learned the tale of their ancestors. Soon, the people stopped fighting, renamed themselves as Aegisians, and due to the peace that came, called their world "Still-dust". Aegis remained with them for a generation, teaching them all that he knew concerning Pre-Aegisian technology. In the generation since then, the people have become very advanced, utilizing droids, speeders, and the like in their daily lives. Around this time however, Aegis and his shield-bearer mysteriously vanished, warning the Aegisians to prepare themselves for the day when the Whispering Ones return.

It has been 100 years since Aegis appeared to the Aegisians and most Aegisians have a grandfather, if not 2, that fought in the medieval wars of Still-dust and have their swords, shields, and armor in their homes. The Aegisians are a peace-loving race but are by no means helpless. They have built up their military and use droids for combat whenever possible.
(I'm going to just take pics of these when I get a camera and make a new thread. LDD would not do these guys justice.)

To help them however, The Aegisians have created greater droids called "Mecha". A.I. driven machines over twice the height of a mini-fig.

Here is the first model, The "Sentinel" (I've made it and all of it's weapons but I lack a camera. So have an LDD version :D )
Side, Back, and front views:

A simple, bipedal machine capable of taking orders and thinking for itself. Imbued with an A.I. similar to that of Aegis, the safety of the Aegisians is the concern of these units.

The unit features two hard mounted light machine guns that have some maneuverability, cooling vents on the top of the mech, and three blue visual units to act as video sensors. Besides the two LMGs, the Sentinel class is capable of using several different weapon systems that attach via docking systems behind the side-mounted sensors.

First, the saw arms variant. This version of the model uses two arm mounted saws designed to cut through armor and destroy ABS bonds. Don't bother trying to get behind short cover as it can reach over and take out infantry quite quickly.

Next we have the Rail Lancer. This weapon can fire projectiles at great speed, making it a great anti-armor and possible anti-ship weapon. The railgun comes with it's own blue sensor to further increase accuracy. It is mounted to the right side of the unit but could be constructed to be a left arm option, meaning a dual-railgun variant is possible but hopefully never needed.

On the other side in this example is the dual machine gun arm. It is mountable on either side of the mech without modification, light-weight, and reliable.

Following that we have the auto-sniper arm and the anti-infantry rifle arm. While the auto-sniper could be built to become a left arm model, the anti-infantry rifle cannot be switched.

Here we have a loadout that forgoes stealth for effectiveness against armor of all types. The Lancer anti-vehicle machinegun on the machine's right and the Siege-breaker Guass cannon.

Finally, we have the light sniper arm. This weapon is designed to be employed for stealth missions or for VIP elimination.

Although this machine is indeed versatile, the Caster, Vanguard, and Nightwatch variations all perform different roles then their predecessor.
(The above mentioned machines are made from real briks but I'll need to either get a camera or work on them in LDD sometime.)

Hope you enjoy my first armory post!

Tarkaris
Hero

Re: The Aegisians of Still-dust: Part 1 LDD pics of real stu

Post by Tarkaris » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Just went and created the Sentinel's stats. I measured the torso unit, bumped it up to a size three, and kept the armor at structure level 2.

Size: 3
Skill: 1d6+1/ 1d8
Move: 10", ground
Armor: 2d10
Cost: 6 (size/structure)+ 5 (move)+ 6 (mind)= 17 for expert, 14 for trained.

LMGs
Cost: 3
Range: 6"
Use: 3
Damage: 1d6
Size: 1

Saw arm Double the numbers to use two.
Cost: 4
Range: CC
Use: 3
Damage: 2d6
Size: 2

Dual Machine Gun
Cost: 6
Range: 9"
Use: 4
Damage: 2d6
Size: 2

Anti-vehicle Machine Gun
Cost: 9
Range: 12"
Use: 5
Damage: 3d6
Size: 3

Guass cannon
Cost: 12
Range: 24"
Use: 8
Damage: (Payload Size)d6
Size: 4
Payload capacity: up to 2 shots before reload.
Explosive: 4d10 exp

Railgun
Range: 15"
Use: 6
Damage: 4d6

Light Sniper (Quiet)
Range: 15"
Use: 6
Damage: 4d6

Auto-Sniper
Cost: 15
Range: 18"
Use: 7
Damage: 5d6
Size: 5

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:19 am

Pretty cool. There's a LDD forum for this kind of stuff though.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

The thing is tho I've actually built this model but lack a camera so I didn't know if it should have gone here or there.

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:43 am

The mechs look a little unbalanced.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 am

In real-life I tilt the legs a bit. It's actually really stable when you set it up right, even with any combination of weapon arms. I'm just not very good at getting LDD to hinge the way I want.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Falk wrote:Pretty cool. There's a LDD forum for this kind of stuff though.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:36 pm

I assume you wish to move the topic then?

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Borrow a friend's camera phone and take some pics then e-mail them to yourself. It will be a great success.
  ▲
▲ ▲

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah instead of punching in a phone number to send it to, just enter an e-mail address (yours).

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:19 pm

I did not think of emailing phone photos. *facepalms self*

I'll make another topic when I get everything photo'd and ready as It's a lot more than whats here.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 am

Tarkaris wrote:I did not think of emailing phone photos. *facepalms self*

I'll make another topic when I get everything photo'd and ready as It's a lot more than whats here.
Sounds OSSUM
  ▲
▲ ▲