Reasons That You Quit Warhammer

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Re: Reasons That You Quit Warhammer

Postby Predator » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:40 pm

RoC77 wrote:Shouldn't this be in the Lesser Games area?

Yeah. But I don't want it to move cuz I just read all the damn orange threads there.
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)

Get Him!!!! :fist:

This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.
Predator
Jaw-Jaw

Postby mgb519 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Apollyon wrote:Kinda like if you fielded five heroes on your side in Brikwars without heeding crankyness and giving them Assyrian death sniper rifles and 4d10 armor.

Wait, this sounds like a GOOD idea. Yeah, I'm going to put a small squad of heroes with awesome equipment up against hundreds of plain dudes with crap equipment, and give people command of one hero a piece. What's the problem, again?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby aoffan23 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:50 pm

I quit playing because I hated the game. It was okay at first, but after a few years I stopped playing and focussed more on the models. At this point, that's the only thing that keeps me going back to their website. I love seeing the new stuff they come out with. I won a Golden Demon (painting competition at their official conventions) once, and have a few models I'd like to finish painting, but I've been wanting to sell the bulk of my armies for a while now. I was always way more into the customizing than the gameplay, and it shows; I can't think of a single marine in my Dark Angels army that hasn't been kit-bashed in some way. I even ripped apart my Baneblade because I had some cool ideas for vehicles, but then I lost all motivation and it's still in pieces. That was probably the tipping point of me thinking "yeah.... this isn't for me." And that's how I came out of my dark age.

They're still making great quality stuff, though. The new WH40k boxed set is just plain ridiculous, and it made me giddy with excitement when I first saw it. That being said, I still won't be getting it. I did pick up a single model this summer, though. I have yet to assemble or paint it, but it was a mini that sparked my imagination, so I went for it.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Robot Monkey » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Brikwars was a gateway drug into Warhammer for me. I like both games, actually. 40K takes a lot of strategy, whereas Brikwars is a good game and a fun time, involving explosions.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby RunsWithLegos » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:41 pm

i'v allways enjoyed the story of Warhams, but the price and the fact no one else plays has made it all but a fantasy
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:39 pm

:necro:

I've been thinking about getting into 40k recently, but not buying any Games Workshop models. Instead, I found space dwarf models from another UK manufacturer that I really want to use:

These are made by a company called Mantic Games for their Warpath minis game. The faction is called Forge Fathers and I would really like to use them as Squats in Warhammer. If I would ever get into Warhammer, this is how I would do it.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby piltogg » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:09 am

cons: too expensive, many players are anoraks, rules are unballanced in favor of spacemarines.

Pros: painting was fun, easy to find other players, the literature behind it is super epic and can be found in most public libraries and/or garage sales.

End reason: I discovered both Dnd and Brikwars at approximately the same time, and decided they were overall both much better games and that I shouldn't waste any more money on warhammer if it wasn't the most fun possible thing.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Robot Monkey » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 pm

piltogg wrote:cons: too expensive, many players are anoraks, rules are unballanced in favor of spacemarines.

False. My buddy plays Space Marines, and I've never lost to him with my 5+ save flak jacket guardsmen. Then again, Grey Knights are absurdly OP.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 pm

Zupponn wrote:The faction is called Forge Fathers

:shock:

I miss squats. Those forge fathers are beautiful.

40k will always be unbalanced. Some faction or another will always get an upgrade in power when they want to sell those particular models. GW is way more focused on financials (as opposed to heart, story, the noble gift of a good time, etc) than many other companies. Probably always will be. Gotta be a reason they're the top dog. That being said, they've had a lot of time to produce a lot of brilliant stuff (amid a sea of crap, albeit). So, they do have story and good time game to give, even if it isn't as much as they could be producing. I'll keep my minis and play when I can. I've stopped buying though because I'm poor and, like piltogg, I'd rather allocate whatever money I do have toward what is most fun. Maybe I'll buy again when I'm rich. Because why not.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Previous

Return to General Discussion