Modern Lego and it's all that Mike guys fault

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Warhead
kaka pants

Modern Lego and it's all that Mike guys fault

Post by Warhead » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 pm

http://fabjoueauxlego.files.wordpress.c ... =490&h=695

Just some purty stuff to look at in case the thread has nothing to offer.

http://www.twylah.com/PimpMyBricks/topics/collectable

You know, worse than Zahru's and Brags fantasy influence on me is the weird feeling I have that Stubby has been watching everything we do in the Forum and by some good old fashioned evuul diabolical genius he has managed to influence the Lego Group to our own nefarious good. I mean seriously, LoTR's!.. I bought NotSoMini-Warhead all I could get the first day. the new sets and figs, most notably the Collector mini-figs in the past year either lend themselves a bit too handily to what we've all been doing here or sums up pretty much some of the best bits of Brikwars. Even Braveheart like Highlanders AND Scottish bagpipers, who the hell had heard of Scotland before I came along and rammed it down your throats? Zombies! Who'd have thought Lego could ever start pushing the Zombie shtick? Learn with the dead...braaaainz! Horror, Dinosaurs, Ninjas, more fantasy genre than you can wave a sword at and alien space invaders. I'm in Lego Sovenguard. Stubby, c'mon, confess! I'm right, aren't I!..

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Modern Lego and it's all that Mike guys fault

Post by Silverdream » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Actually Warhead, I'm Scottish and I was here before you. I'm the only reason why people talk about Canada or Scotland.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 pm

It still amuses me that Mike works for TLC. I guess they don't really care about all of the horrible LEGO violence he advocates, as long as he does good work for them. I wonder how many LEGO employees use their position to support their non-family-friendly side projects.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 pm

I've always felt that this was a logical route for Lego to take ever since the original Star Wars line. Once they were making megaphones into rifles, it only felt right that actual guns would come around sooner or later. And then the sets after could be more lenient if those guns flew with parents.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 am

Silverdream wrote:Actually Warhead, I'm Scottish and I was here before you. I'm the only reason why people talk about Canada or Scotland.
Your hair, wash it. :D

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:06 am

Zupponn wrote:I've always felt that this was a logical route for Lego to take ever since the original Star Wars line. Once they were making megaphones into rifles, it only felt right that actual guns would come around sooner or later. And then the sets after could be more lenient if those guns flew with parents.
Hm, but what about the german market? Parents still don't like guns here. Hell, once i feel really troll'ish i will post my supertank on the largest german forum. You cannot believe the outrage that followed a guy posting his vignette of a slaughterhouse. Not only did the display butchery and violence, no he even was blasphemous enough to use real ketchup as blood!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 am

Oh I wouldn't worry over much. It's all a sham, they really love war. It's just to get us to think they hate it but they're really waiting for another chance to take over just like good ol' granddad did, and great granddad before him. Merkel almost let slip their secret agenda but posturing against violent toys gets more headlines.

I think were getting off topic. Mike's been ripping off our ideas and Lego has been making money from them. We want our cut! :fist:

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 am

Did you not read the section in the terms of service where any ideas posted to the brikwars forum may be appropriated by Mike without compensation and sold to Lego?

The Minifigures line was totally my concept pitch, I admit. I think I've talked about it before.

I used to pitch all kinds of BrikWars ideas to Lego back when it was my job to pitch ideas to Lego, but that was before even the Frappr forums. So if I was stealing ideas, it would had to have been from pre-forum guys like lorbaat.

The reason you're seeing all of them coming out on retail shelves now, instead of back when I was originally pitching them, is because Kjeld was still in charge of the company back then and he was solidly against brick wars of any kind (except Star Wars, which was kind of a surprise to everyone). But, lucky for us, they saved all my concept pitches in Lego's big library of ideas in Denmark (this is an actual thing), so when Joergen took over and switched company priorities to include "how about some net profits this year," they dusted off the old pitches and now we have all this warsy stuff that could never get approved while Kjeld was calling the shots.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:52 am

6) Read?.. are you sure you have the right forum?

7) Thank you!

8.) Excellent, today War! Next few years, mom mini-figs! :D

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Pwnerade wrote:It still amuses me that Mike works for TLC. I guess they don't really care about all of the horrible LEGO violence he advocates, as long as he does good work for them. I wonder how many LEGO employees use their position to support their non-family-friendly side projects.
I'm waiting for a funny story from Mike to come in response to this.

"Actually there is this guy that keeps pitching a BDSM line..."
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 pm

The funny story for today is the guy working behind me who was telling me all about this great idea he has for a Lego minifigure-based wargame. I kept waiting for the punchline, but he honestly didn't realize who he was talking to.

At the end I just told him Lego wargames were for nerds and he should get back to work.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Hahahaha! :csi:

lorbaat
Minifig

Post by lorbaat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:13 pm

stubby wrote: So if I was stealing ideas, it would had to have been from pre-forum guys like lorbaat.
I steal all my good ideas from other places, anyway.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Try to get a roller skater with elbow or knee pads into Series 8.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Try to get a hipster with a brown skater haircut, military jacket with fluttershy t-shirt, jeans, a satchel and laptop/phone into series 8.

Tell them it's supposed to be a stereotypical hipster teenager and that they can market it to bronises, emotionally stunted kids and Mothers whose sons had committed suicide.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k