Set/Theme Wishlist

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Silverdream » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:18 am

Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7647
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby stubby » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:50 am

Silverdream wrote:The Assyrian Star Empire is one of the best built armies, and one of the most badass, but not THE most badass army on the forums.

Ice worlders have badass units but I haven't seen anybody build a badass overall army out of them. Same is true for most of the examples you listed. If you want to talk about armies rather than units, the Immortals are a better example - good mix of iconic characters, soldiers, and war machinery.

I doubt Lego would go for it though, I don't think sets like 10192 Space Skulls did very well.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4867
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Tzan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 am

I don't think they want 7+ factions.
Two maybe three would work.
They can't be fighting over anything thats vague like control of the universe.
It needs to be an object(s) that can be sold in plastic form.

Ninjago fighting over the magic weapons.
Those sea guys fighting over those rounded triangle things.
Rock miners fighting over those crystals.

Then when you pitch the idea, even if they never use it, they own it, ... forever ... ,,,
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4981
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby RoC77 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 pm

I would like to see a post apoc theme. Where elitist living in a space station they escape to after a global catastrophe come back and try to reclaim earth but face hardened survivors instead. But that theme might be too dark...

Hmm... Ninja's vs Pirat... nm....

Ohh... Roman vs Egyptian sets would be pretty cool... You could switch the Egyptians for Gaul's or have all three groups.
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Silverdream » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 pm

RoC77 wrote:Ohh... Roman vs Egyptian sets would be pretty cool... You could switch the Egyptians for Gaul's or have all three groups.


Druids vs. Romans. You could have living trees and animals join the fight on the Druids' side.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7647
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Colette » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Tzan wrote:I don't think they want 7+ factions.
Two maybe three would work.
They can't be fighting over anything thats vague like control of the universe.
It needs to be an object(s) that can be sold in plastic form.

Ninjago fighting over the magic weapons.
Those sea guys fighting over those rounded triangle things.
Rock miners fighting over those crystals.

Then when you pitch the idea, even if they never use it, they own it, ... forever ... ,,,


I was thinking Alien Conquest. There were no main characters and the humans were fighting to defend Earth.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Actually I'm pretty surprised there's no school sets. I think a schoolbus set would actually be pretty awesome (make a little bus-stop with it), but I almost guarantee you they'd make it a short bus. This is hilarious.

Space Police was back. I'd love to see Blacktron 3 as a secret space-illuminati bad guy group. I've heard plenty of rumors about new space lines, and because of that I think blacktron should be the bad guys behind the bad guys, who pull the secret puppet-master's strings from the shadows.

I've always imagined that the glory days of Blacktron should be over, but very small and very powerful enclaves of Blacktron exist throughout the brikiverse, manipulating the weak and the corrupt.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Bragallot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Silverdream wrote:
RoC77 wrote:Ohh... Roman vs Egyptian sets would be pretty cool... You could switch the Egyptians for Gaul's or have all three groups.


Druids vs. Romans. You could have living trees and animals join the fight on the Druids' side.


Druids vs. Teutonic Knights.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights
 
Posts: 5403
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Ben-Jammin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Bragallot wrote:Druids vs. Teutonic Knights.


PLEASE.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Zupponn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm

stubby wrote:I doubt Lego would go for it though, I don't think sets like 10192 Space Skulls did very well.

*Looks up 10192 Space Skulls*
Holy Fuck!
Image
Must get...
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5692
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Strider » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Zupponn wrote:
stubby wrote:I doubt Lego would go for it though, I don't think sets like 10192 Space Skulls did very well.

*Looks up 10192 Space Skulls*
Holy Fuck!
Image
Must get...


How did that not do well? I didn't even know it existed, but still
TROLOLO
Strider
Champion
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Predator » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:11 pm

School sets as in American school or Clannad-I-would-totally-buy-every-frickin-set style?
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)


Get Him!!!! :fist:


This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.
User avatar
Predator
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: In mid-air, 360-ing.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Zahru II » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Make a Columbine set in the spirit of Brikwars.
User avatar
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Location: Hüngäry

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Nitewatchman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Zahru II wrote:Make a Columbine set in the spirit of Brikwars.

Oh, it could be a whole line! Virginia Tech could be an impulse buy, since, y'know, there was only one shooter.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
User avatar
Nitewatchman
Galidor
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

Postby Pwnerade » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Zupponn wrote:
stubby wrote:I doubt Lego would go for it though, I don't think sets like 10192 Space Skulls did very well.

*Looks up 10192 Space Skulls*
Holy Fuck!
Image
Must get...

How did this not sell? Was it poorly promoted? If they bring this back and advertise it properly, they will surely make millions.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
User avatar
Pwnerade
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:18 am
Location: Kent, WA

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests