M3: Mobile Mech Massace game

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Tarkaris
Hero

M3: Mobile Mech Massace game

Post by Tarkaris » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:32 am

I was thinking about how to use LDD for some really fun brik-warsy stuff and realized.

Mech combat with infantry, tanks, and buildings to blow up :twisted

How the game would work is that each player has a mech (or some other vehicle if they choose not to use a mech) and gameplay will be one of two options:

1. The group is a team fighting some unknown faction and trying to take them down permanently

or

2. We have two player teams and it works a bit like Risk. Each team has armies that they get every turn and they attempt to take over the entire world to win. Each battle is fought brikwars style to decide who wins.

Either way, creation rules:

1.Spend no more than 25 or so CP for your mini-fig. If you need to go a little over for something PM me and I'll most likely let it happen :)

2. Spend no more than 35-45 CP for your starting vehicle. Upgrades will be available as this goes along so don't worry if you have a super-mech idea but not enough CP for it.

3. More CP will be earned as the campaign goes, CP earned from a target is the target's CP cost for mini's and half for vehicles. CP can also be earned in other ways, such as setting up for a teammate, tanking well, or other feats.

If that's all... Welcome to M3,

Feel free to comment or question!

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Re: M3: Mobile Mech Massace game

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:54 pm

You can use these rules I wrote down a while ago:
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9368
It even has a bit on mini-mecha.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I can't stop watching that Koala...

As for the abilities and such I'll be sure to integrate, especially jump-jets and limb-aiming :)

The idea was to go normal-sized brikwars here (Minifigs and such) But if there happens to be an overwhelming consent to use microscale we can do that instead.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:05 pm

I suggest microscale,since having too many briks loaded in LDD will screw with your PC. Maybe have everyone design a minimecha with different specialties, and then have wave after wave of cheap and expendable enemy mechas attack, and the player's mechas will have to fend them off, all while trying to reach objectives like repair stations or radio relays.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Microscale seems to be a safe bet. My PC had problems with all the buildings when moving or cloning them. This being the case, your rules just became of much greater importance. :)

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Is there anyone interested in joining that needs any assistance? I know that looking up Mobile Frame Zero helped me understand micro-mecha much better. Google and see what you can find!

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Use any one of my mechas from this thread:
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... =17&t=9607
they can be the generic enemy mecha, I guess. I'll try to build a little mech for this soon.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 pm

I saw those earlier :)

I'm currently working on some terrain modules since I've found some LDD free use MFZ files for mechs. The terrain modules ought to help shape up the game when finished.

As for what I'd be using... Here's a Zoids Liger :-D

I built it in LDD when I saw this:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2923544

That guy has an amazing gallery.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Nice. Very nice.

Alright, Some story.

You are a group of soldiers who once served in your various country militaries and fought against one another until the entire world was attacked by the shadow organization known as "Legion". Legion deployed advanced mecha but were defeated by the world's combined might. After the victory, world leaders decided to join their nations as union. Thus a world-wide nation was born. However, Military leaders soon forced bills through the senate to create a world wide army. This army rebeled and has taken upon themselves the name of "Neo Legion". You are fighting to stop the NL forces.

As for terrain modules, I'm about half-way done with the desert modules but I'll still need walls and base pieces in order to run any missions besides skirmishes.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Update:

Mission one is ready to go. For mech creation, Just create stats like you would a minifig in Brikwars. One inch and shy of two inches is a minifig type of stats with 2 inches or so being a steel horse.

We will be ready to go as soon as we have everyone who wants to play available. If you need a mech to edit or reference from I have a few from Mobile Frame Zero in LDD available alongside my Liger zero model that can be seen below.

"Chub", Midget, and Peace keeper
Spoiler
Show
Knight Series
Spoiler
Show
Knight brute, Knight normal, and Knight tread.Image Knight Osprey, a flight unit with two modes Image
Sparrowhawk
Spoiler
Show
Liger
Spoiler
Show

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 am

Oh cool, are you using Mobile Frame Zero's "7 point" scale, I.E. a Minifig is suppose to be seven plates high?

If so, I have two words for you:
Hard-Suits.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Something like that. And yes, hardsuits are allowed :D

What are those things in the back?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Oh those are just "Civilian" versions of the stuff you see in the front row, the hardsuit and the Gecko line of robots.
Here is the first draft of a Gecko just for a better look:

I've got a few MOC MFZ models in LDD, from when I went on a micro building spree to feed my need for ARTICULATION!!!

Like the Archaeopteryx:

Or the less pratical Ceratopsian:

Then there is my newly designed Harpy:

Actually experimented with some "Chub" style mechs, but they're in the same file as the hardsuits...

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Whiteagle wrote:Oh those are just "Civilian" versions of the stuff you see in the front row, the hardsuit and the Gecko line of robots.
Here is the first draft of a Gecko just for a better look:

I've got a few MOC MFZ models in LDD, from when I went on a micro building spree to feed my need for ARTICULATION!!!

Like the Archaeopteryx:

Or the less pratical Ceratopsian:

Then there is my newly designed Harpy:

Actually experimented with some "Chub" style mechs, but they're in the same file as the hardsuits...
It's official, you have some serious skill there mate. Everything is just awesome!