Another Game?

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Re: Another Game?

Post by Killer Karetsu » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:25 pm

I present my faction, Fynnland. It is a rather big country, but the population is very scarce. Therefore Fynnish military is not strong enough to face the enemy in an open field, and usually the attacking enemy gets inside the borders. But then a war of grinding starts, as Fynnish make surprise raids upon the enemy, using the environment as a ally.
Fynnland is a cold place, and the winter is long. There is A LOT of forests and lakes are common. Therefore lumber is the most important trade good, while all manner of technic tools and goods come as second.
During the war between Noricum and Cossackia, Cossackia organised a major assault from the arctic zone to Fynnland. The point was to capture Fynnland and then attack Noricum from multiple directions.
However, it was wintertime, and the Fynnish troops were ready to defend their homeland. First the Cossackian troops quickly advanced deep into Fynnish territory. But the forests of Fynnland were dark and the snow deep, and the cossackian divisions were destroyed one by one. The cossackian empire tried a one last major assault against Fynnlund, but Noricum, probably seeing that they would lose the war for sure if they didn't interfere, came to Fynnlund's aid, providing much needed weapons and hi-tech armament. The cossackian attack was still so massive that some territory was lost forever. After the war the fynns made a major military updgrade and population started to boom upwards, though it is still very small. The fynns are very proud of their nation and independence, and have develop a deep national pride.
(Cossackia could claim some of the areas northeast of Fynnland, to represent lost areas)

The representative prime minister of Fynnland, Jouko Häyhä, son of the famous sniper. He is accompanied by two bodyguards, carrying MkI 'Jussi' revolvers, a standard sidearm used by Fynnlund.

A standard fynnish trooper, in winter and summer camo. Armed with semi-fire MkII 'Tikka' rifles, which are standard equipment used by the fynnish army. The fynnish rely on accuracy and simplicity, and the 'Tikka' rifle is a good example.
Because there isn't a lot of them, fynnish troops are highly trained in guerilla warfare. They can be equipped for face-to-face combat too, equipping bullet-wests and special weapons for special situations.

Here is a squad of Fynnish ski commandos. Although all of the infantry can use skis, these guys are the best. Armed with the ferocious and trusty MkIII 'Ahma' submachine guns, they sneak silently through the snowy forests and fall upon the enemy camps like wolves on prey.

That's all for now, more later..

Also, is the map okay?
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Don't forget the anti-tank strategy:

6. Use molotov cocktail.
7. In absence of molotov, use crowbar.
8. In absence of crowbar, use log or large stick.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

MrSnapwalk
Champion
Champion

Post by MrSnapwalk » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Welcome to the fray, Karetsu. Would your country wish to join me in a mutually beneficial alliance?
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Fynnland! We new Scandinavians would like you to join with us as well, after all, like I said with New Sweden, we men of the former Scandinavia must stick together!

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:32 pm

mgb, get that battle going, dammit!

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:33 am

Silverdream wrote:Don't forget the anti-tank strategy:

6. Use molotov cocktail.
7. In absence of molotov, use crowbar.
8. In absence of crowbar, use log or large stick.
9. In absence of log or large stick, use hands.
10. In absence of hands, use finnish sisu.
11. In absence of sisu, you are no true finn.

Fynnland accepts the offers of New Scandinavia and Space Sweden. But we give military support only for defensive operations, not for your own attacks to another country, unless it is in all ways beneficial to Fynnland. We look forward to further business with our new allies.

Fynnland is also searching for funder for experimental military projects. We are not so rich at the moment, and a helpful hand would be needed. As a reward we would, upon a succesful project, to give a large majority of the...products to the funder's nation. We would like to do this deal with either New Scandinavia or Space Sweden, or even both of them, but if they are not interested we will look for another interested in this.

(Also, game-wise, I think a better location for Space sweden would be where the Palus federation is now. I mean, Fynnland would be neighboured by Sweden and Cossackia (russia). But don't get this wrong, it's just an idea. )
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Cossackia would like to fund Fynnland's research. Cossackia remembers not only it's own great casaulties in the Patriotic Winter War of Our Glorious Fathers but remembers that one out of every ten Fynns died to halt our grand assault. Such a brave nation deserves to rise as a power.
Image lol j/k

MrSnapwalk
Champion
Champion

Post by MrSnapwalk » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Fynnland, Space Sweden would also like to fund your technological research. Do not trust Cossackia with this precious technology, as they would only use it as a tool for the domination of their enemies.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 pm

As would New Scandinavia. We would be quite excited about any new technologies you develop.

Tarkaris
Hero

Post by Tarkaris » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:06 am

the Gelid Union will also offer aid, specifically for extreme temperature conditioning in the cold if need be.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 am

Cossackia is willing to co-operate and move forward from her past war and we are accused of greed by the Swedes?!

Fine. We will offer you back most of the land we won from you, specifically the populated areas if you sign this exclusive right to fund your defence research. We will also offer scientists and instructions for building a nuclear reactor to help modernize the more rural areas of Fynnland.
Image lol j/k

MrSnapwalk
Champion
Champion

Post by MrSnapwalk » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm

I apologize, Cossackia. That was a rash move, believing that this was an aggressive action, designed to force out other nations from funding Finnland's new technological progress.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Weekends coming up... can we battle this weekend?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Uh...can someone else take over? I'm busy.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:14 pm