Medics

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

LivingRaccoon
Champion
Champion

Medics

Post by LivingRaccoon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm not quite sure how Medics will work, nobody quite brought it up.

Anyways, this is my idea of a Medic. It's based on the Team Fortress 2 medic. Here are my thoughts.

When the solider is being healed by the heal beam, they get plus 1 armor.
The heal behaves like a gun, so they have to be in clear sight and in a straight line, but it keeps healing in till they move away.
Any combat disabilities that hinder the unit (i.e. legs crushed by tank, hand chopped off) are fixed on heal beam, but during that turn, they don't get the +1 armor.
The heal beam can also work for area of effect spells, like for Shaman or Wizards.

What do you think? Constructive Criticism welcome.

Rocket Raccoon is the coolest Marvel Character.

DeltaV
Officer

Re: Medics

Post by DeltaV » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Eh, that could work.

In Brikwars. the Medik can bring fallen warriors back to life. However, a 1D8 has to be rolled (or a 1D6 if the medik doesn't have a Medikal Instrument. In that case, other sharp objects will do, like chainsaws). If the result is 5 or higher, the minifig is revived and can go and die again later on. Anything lower than that will require the medik to amputate body parts for some reason. It probably has nothing to do with bringing the minifig back to life, but I am not going to question good violence.

If the result is a 1 or if there are not enough spare limbs to amputate and satisfy the medik, then the head of the minifig is amputated. If said minifig doesn't have a spare head on his body, then he/she is even more dead than before, and can't be revived.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Yeah, you amputate one limb for every point under 5 that the medikal roll made.

Limbs are amputated on-field because of things like blood loss and shattered femurs, but mostly due to hastiness. A "dead" minifig may turn out to have an arm so badly broken that they're incapacitated, so the natural response of the medik is to tear that fucker off so that he stops bitching about it.

The heal-gun works fine, but minifigs hardly ever lose hands or get just their legs crushed by tanks. In most situations, a minifig is either completely dead or completely healthy, so "wounds" aren't a big deal. Some players house-rule that heroes and other sigfigs have a certain number of hitpoints, but it's usually easier to organize minifigs by "dead" and "not dead."

+1 armor is okay, but why not have it be a die roll? Just roll a d6 and add that to the armor while the medic's healing - if a six gets rolled, activite the "uber-charge" for invincibility on that turn.

LivingRaccoon
Champion
Champion

Post by LivingRaccoon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:04 pm

IVhorseman wrote: +1 armor is okay, but why not have it be a die roll? Just roll a d6 and add that to the armor while the medic's healing - if a six gets rolled, activite the "uber-charge" for invincibility on that turn.
Good idea, but that is a little overpowered. I like the uber-charge idea. And great idea in general for the amputee part. But what are the special disembodiment negatives?

Rocket Raccoon is the coolest Marvel Character.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:19 pm

If a leg is amputated, the fig can only walk half as fast.

If an arm is amputated then the fig can carry 1" worth of weapons.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:19 am

It's not too overpowered, gives a chance for a critical fail. Interpret that as 0 or -1d6, depending on your flavor.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Since my medik uses a needle full of nanobots, I've modified the rules for him. He rolls a d10 instead of a d8, but if he gets anything less than a 6, the minifig melts into a puddle of slimy goop.

EDIT: Got to play a game with some friends using my medik. I ended up melting three of my units due to crappy rolls. And then my medik slipped on his failures when he rolled a 1 on a sprint. It was pretty funny.
Last edited by Gungnir on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 am

Gungnir wrote:Since my medik uses a needle full of nanobots, I've modified the rules for him. He rolls a d10 instead of a d8, but if he gets anything less than a 6, the minifig melts into a puddle of slimy goop.
That would make a very nice weapon. Small but fukkin' deadly.
Speaking of weapons, my medik has a buzzsaw-staff that can be used to dissect minifigs. For each successful dissection, the medik gets a +1 to his Medikal roll by draining the bodily fluids of the victim. Don't forget that mediks crave for violence, too!
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:03 pm

I homebrewed medic rules once. The medic rolled 1d6 when it reached a "dead" minifig. On a 1, the figure was dead on arrival and couldn't be healed. On a 6, he was back up to fighting trim. On any other roll, he was alive, but not stable. The medic could continue to roll each turn, a 6 reviving and a 1 meaning he lost the patient. Easy to remember, gives the medic a chance to do something, but doesn't result in two basically immortal armies fighting one another until the end of time (or at least until the doctors give up). Of course, the medic definitely wasn't the focus of that battle. I remember a musketeer riding into battle on a dead knight's horse carrying the laser cannon off a moon buggy.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)