Trattorian Stats+Cards

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Trattorian Stats+Cards

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:34 pm

I was finally motivated enough the other day to try my hand at some stat cards. Here's the first one:

I have another version with a male scientist but I thought this one looked better.

More to come. I'll probably get around to statting my troopers and stuff in case anyone on the forums is ever interested in having them in a forum battle.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Re: Trattorian Stats+Cards

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:51 pm

I quite like the Quantum Probability specialty there. Feels even more like roulette than the a heroic feat.

I'd be quite nervous fielding them as-is, though. Quantum Probability is obviously less likely to succeed than a heroic feat, but being able to potentially pull of "two" feats with a single minifig in one turn is a bit bonkers, especially if multiple scientists are running around. If both the scientific feat and the quantum guessing require an action, seems reasonable, but if neither requires the minifig's action, then you might want to make it so.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:I quite like the Quantum Probability specialty there. Feels even more like roulette than the a heroic feat.

I'd be quite nervous fielding them as-is, though. Quantum Probability is obviously less likely to succeed than a heroic feat, but being able to potentially pull of "two" feats with a single minifig in one turn is a bit bonkers, especially if multiple scientists are running around. If both the scientific feat and the quantum guessing require an action, seems reasonable, but if neither requires the minifig's action, then you might want to make it so.
I thought heroic feats were actions? If not then yeah that should have been clearer. Moreover the quantum probability is only for physicists, not the other three kinds.

I wanted to add something like heroic crankiness in there, but I already typed up everything else and there was no space for it.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:12 pm

The only people with bigger egos than Heroes are scientists and professors.

The funnier twist for the quantum probability is to make it like Schroedinger's cult - a 50/50 chance that it goes well or poorly, but you don't find out right away. On some later turn the scientist uses her action to observe the quantum fallout, and then the roll is finally made and the effect takes place retroactively.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Heroic feats are free actions that you have access to every friggin turn, and are meant to be used extremely liberally. Having a scientist being forced to use their feat as an action helps make them a little different, besides being squishier and less skilled than a hero.

If you want to re-tool the card to have more space on it, just compress all of the abilities into one single Quantum Probability (+4) ability, and then just turn that into a heroic feat based off of the unit's scientific cliche. If people want their engineers to have mechanikal aptitudes or whatever, they can just add those abilities on their own.

The only downside I'm seeing is that the scientist is still feels like it's just a slightly modified version of a hero. If the science feat did the whole Schroedinger thing Stubby mentioned that might make them different enough.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:04 am

Instead of using a single card for the 4 different flavors of science, use 4 cards! Each kind of scientist comes with an ability appropriate to their discipline. Physikists get Quantum Probability, Chemiks get an ability that allows them to apply Chemikal effects to objects/create potions/kaboom. I don't think that Biologists and Engineers should be glorified mediks/mechaniks. Instead, Biologists can use their knowledge in flesh and other meaty stuff to create life, and Engineers can create/enhance machinery and weapons, as well as altering their functions.

Though I do wonder, what powers would Philosophers have :phil:
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:21 am

Though I do wonder, what powers would Philosophers have
Power: Staying in college to avoid getting a job.

But I'm not sure if that transfers to a game rule because following rules is too much work for them.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 am

Tzan wrote:

But I'm not sure if that transfers to a game rule because following rules is too much work for them.
From this I can conclude that they can't even be bothered to get hit by gunfire. That's even worse than Mike.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Well, does that gunfire even exist if it hasn't hit anyone?

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Tzan wrote:Well, does that gunfire even exist if it hasn't hit anyone?
Perhaps the guns have failed to hit anything because there was nothing to hit!
Perhaps the bullets did not think those that could be hit to be worth hitting.
Perhaps they were shitgoats.
Perhaps I'd like a drink. Yes, that seems more likely.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:43 pm

All good points, lets not rule out anything.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:41 am

stubby wrote:The only people with bigger egos than Heroes are scientists and professors.
It's settled, Scientist suffer from Academik Rivalry: Scientists gain an extra d6 when attacking other Scientists and must seek out and destroy any Minifig whose job can be argued relates to their choosen field before undertaking any other action.

"Being a Scientist is like being a Highlander, you have to chop off a lot of heads and be the only one left standing to get anywhere."
stubby wrote:The funnier twist for the quantum probability is to make it like Schroedinger's cult - a 50/50 chance that it goes well or poorly, but you don't find out right away. On some later turn the scientist uses her action to observe the quantum fallout, and then the roll is finally made and the effect takes place retroactively.
OOH!
Have your opponent call heads or tails at the begining of your turn, then flip a coin whenever you decide to use Quantum Probability to determine the effects.

"Schroedinger's work in the field of quantum probablility tell us that Schroedinger REALLY hated cults/must have been a dog person."
DeltaV wrote:
Tzan wrote:

From this I can conclude that they can't even be bothered to get hit by gunfire. That's even worse than Mike.
DeltaV wrote:
Tzan wrote:Well, does that gunfire even exist if it hasn't hit anyone?
Perhaps the guns have failed to hit anything because there was nothing to hit!
Perhaps the bullets did not think those that could be hit to be worth hitting.
Perhaps they were shitgoats.
Perhaps I'd like a drink. Yes, that seems more likely.
:phil: Hmmmm...

...Perhaps the Philosopher flips a coin at the begining of each turn to decide whether or not he exist?

"I know nothing except that I wasn't there, I didn't do it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it." -Sororites, famous drunken Greek Philosopher.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:48 am

Maybe...

Solipsism (3 CP): The Philosopher may, once per turn, question the existence of any other Creature, Structure, Vehicle, or other entity (including projectiles) to prevent it from being able to interact with him in any way. When this ability is used, roll a d6. If a 1 is rolled, the Philosopher succumbs to Nihilism and ceases to exist entirely.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:49 am

Keldoclock wrote:Maybe...

Solipsism (3 CP): The Philosopher may, once per turn, question the existence of any other Creature, Structure, Vehicle, or other entity (including projectiles) to prevent it from being able to interact with him in any way. When this ability is used, roll a d6. If a 1 is rolled, the Philosopher succumbs to Nihilism and ceases to exist entirely.
They also are immune to seduction, intimidation, sarcasm, and social relationships.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Try using photoshop to create the statcards. It can give much better results.

http://www.lady-natalya.info/downloads/ ... s-crop.psd

This is the .psd of one of my stat cards. You can easily fill in the text fields and replace the picture with your own information and stuff.

http://www.lady-natalya.info/downloads/ ... _color.psd

This one is the original .psd by Rayhawk, but it has some missing fonts and isn't formatted quite as nicely.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."