Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Vami IV » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Silverdream wrote:However, our total population is very small.

Image

Compare it to the USA who had over 132,000,000 in 1940 or the tiny islands of Japan who had 70,000,000.

Even today there are more people living in Mexico city than the whole of Canada.

Also, we're the second largest country in the world for total area.

Even in Montreal or Quebec? Well, at least your breathing air isn't as unsafe as smoking packages of ciggs. As for country's small pop., we have the same probelm in Alaska. Is rather chily up there in Canada (who?).
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Long range missiles and drone strikes? Son, I'm Semaj Nagirrac. 'Nuff said.
User avatar
Vami IV
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Silverdream » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 pm

I actually live in one of the warmest parts of Canada. It's actually colder in Minnesota. We don't even get very much snow.

Are blizzards common in Alaska?
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Zupponn » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Silverdream wrote:It's actually colder in Minnesota.

And Wisconsin.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 6000
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Kalvinator » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:21 am

Silverdream wrote:It's actually colder in Minnesota.


Living in Minnesota, I can vouch for that.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Silverdream » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 am

You can only vouch for that if you've been in one of the warmest parts of Canada.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Vami IV » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Silverdream wrote:I actually live in one of the warmest parts of Canada. It's actually colder in Minnesota. We don't even get very much snow.

Are blizzards common in Alaska?

Depends. If winds are high, and its snowing, you get extreme cold and a blizzard. The winter gets very bad after about 3 weeks of winter, because warm winds commonly called the Chinook winds blow in and melt all the ice. This commonly happens during December, so, when the winds go away, the water and sludge re-freezes and can stop school for weeks. I remember one such example in which I was home from school for weeks. And these are not ordinary ice storms. Our bus drivers are bad asses.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Long range missiles and drone strikes? Son, I'm Semaj Nagirrac. 'Nuff said.
User avatar
Vami IV
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Nitewatchman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Nitewatchman wrote:
Silverdream wrote:However, our total population is very small.

Image

Compare it to the USA who had over 132,000,000 in 1940 or the tiny islands of Japan who had 70,000,000.

Even today there are more people living in Mexico city than the whole of Canada.

Also, we're the second largest country in the world for total area.

It's more like you're just holding all that land the US is going to expand into when we outgrow what we have.

As if we'd ever wear descendants of the French for a hat...Ha!


Ironically if you guys were to invade Canada, Quebec would most likely be the last of the Southern provinces to fall.

Image

(map for people who don't know the Provinces)

I can see a provisional government either up in the Northwest territories or the Yukon or perhaps in North Quebec. I would guess that you guys would try a dual-pronged attack, one in the west to take the Yukon, B.C. and Alberta and one in the East to capture the most populous regions as well as Ottawa. The reason Quebec would be harder to take is that Quebec is probably the most violent part of Canada as well as how far it extends North. Canada's best hope in winning or at least forcing the Americans to sue for peace would be to hold out and wait for the Commonwealth reinforcements(and possibly counterattack) and to make a defensive alliance with India prior to the war.


Well, you guys do have Mounties, so it wouldn't be entirely bloodless for the American forces at any point.

Trolling aside, though, I doubt the U.S. would ever try to annex Canada, but not in the way we'd never try to annex Mexico; we don't want Mexico. Canada's just a fairly respectable country that we feel fairly sexure with as a hat. I mean, they're not like a medieval helmet or anything, so they can't protect us from serious attack, but they might serve as a hard hat. A buffer for any unfortunate global accidents.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
User avatar
Nitewatchman
Galidor
Galidor
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:31 pm

We already rule Canada through economic means, we don't need to actually go and deploy (more) troops there and change the name, all that would accomplish is stirring up canadian patriots and make a giant international mess.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Silverdream » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Plus you guys get most of your oil from Alberta and also Steven Harper is making Canada into the USA's most devoted follower (especially by buying those really expensive jets).

Canada has a pretty good military that is well trained and equipped. However it would be overwhelmed fast. A small economic reason for keeping Canada alive is that most people living on the border do their shopping in the USA because everything is cheaper.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Nitewatchman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Silverdream wrote:Plus you guys get most of your oil from Alberta and also Steven Harper is making Canada into the USA's most devoted follower (especially by buying those really expensive jets).

Canada has a pretty good military that is well trained and equipped. However it would be overwhelmed fast. A small economic reason for keeping Canada alive is that most people living on the border do their shopping in the USA because everything is cheaper.


You guys also made all of our police cars for a while there, though now someone gave that job to General Motors...which is a terrible idea.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
User avatar
Nitewatchman
Galidor
Galidor
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:
Silverdream wrote:
Nitewatchman wrote:
Silverdream wrote:However, our total population is very small.

Image

Compare it to the USA who had over 132,000,000 in 1940 or the tiny islands of Japan who had 70,000,000.

Even today there are more people living in Mexico city than the whole of Canada.

Also, we're the second largest country in the world for total area.

It's more like you're just holding all that land the US is going to expand into when we outgrow what we have.

As if we'd ever wear descendants of the French for a hat...Ha!


Ironically if you guys were to invade Canada, Quebec would most likely be the last of the Southern provinces to fall.

Image

(map for people who don't know the Provinces)
Nuke it from space. it's the only way to be sure
:ftfy:
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Silverdream » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Keldoclock » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 pm

And, to a lesser extent, the imperialistic tendencies of the United States
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Silverdream » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:52 pm

I actually asked a Professor and he said that Kancho was an old Ukrainian export that spread after it was conquered by Mongolia.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: Merc Gunship - GWME-aG 403

Postby Keldoclock » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:00 am

Image
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nevermind, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests