Heroes being badass

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: Heroes being badass

Post by aoffan23 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:35 am

stubby wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:Hey, indirectly altering the battle can be pretty awesome, too. What about a hypnotist hero who can command super soldiers to go on a rampage for them. The super soldier is much more capable than he is, so it's only logical. So does the hypnotist not deserve to become a hero just because he didn't directly kill anything?
Yeah, pretty much. Doing something amazing is not the same as doing something Heroic. I mean you just used the word "logical" to describe his strategy. You do the math.

A powerful Hypnotist is just a regular SuperNatural unit with a couple of Mind Dice; we already have rules for that. A Hero is a different kind of thing entirely.
Oh, I completely forgot about the Supernatural additions. Forget what I said, then.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Heroes being badass

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:35 pm

stubby wrote:A powerful Hypnotist is just a regular SuperNatural unit with a couple of Mind Dice; we already have rules for that.
As someone who regularly makes this argument, I'm gonna point out why it's not always true. In this specific case, it's usually so much easier to tell someone who's actually playing that their psychic guy can just go ahead and be the hero, instead of sitting them down and running through all the supernatural rules for them - even if you just limited it to the mind-controlling powers. Plus, they'll probably feel jipped once your hero runs up and tears their arms off or something. Sometimes it's best to just let someone play with a hero for simplicity's sake.

Either way, quit pretending you don't know what a hero is.