Boarding of the Bounty - Sign up and stats

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Boarding of the Bounty - Sign up and stats

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Seeing as my desktop's monitor is mostly dead and I need something to keep me occupied so I don't stabificate my retiree father, I decided to break out my emergency Mini-forum battle.

...Problem is, I don't quite have everything statted for it...

Still, might as well put up what I have.

Hypnobrah plus Lord G:
The Hypnobrah were once one of the five great Snake fraternities of Ninja-U, but the... unsavory methods with which they used to acquire hotties got them expelled by the Dean of Ninja-U.
Seeking vengeance, they have teamed up with the Dean's own evil son, G, the Dark lord of Pimping.

Slitherbrah

Move: 4" (-1 for the Pike)
Armor: 4
Skill: 1d6
Weapon: Two-handed Pike; Use 4, Damage 2d6

Slith was once Head-Brah, but lost the mystical Staff of Roofies to Scales after loosing a game of Beer pong.
With out it and the Super-sexy Scale Tail it grants, he is little more then a Mook-Brah now.

Scales

Move: 6" (+2 for the tail, -1 for the Staff)
Skill: 1d6
Weapon: Two-handed Staff of Roofies; Use 5, Magical 1d12 (Snakes and Seduction cliche)

While Scales was Slitherbrah's usurper, it doesn't exactly make him any better qualified to be Head-Brah.
This is even more apparent with how easily Lord G made the Hypnobrahs his bitches.

Lord G

Move 4" (+5 for Ninja Swiftness, -5 for Armor, -1 for Staff of Kreation)
Armor: Armored, 5
Skill: 1d8, Multi-dexterity
Weapon: Two-handed Staff of Kreation (Fake Artifakt of Pre-Creation); Use 4, Damage 2d6, Kreation Feats

The more diligent of the two sons of the Dean of Ninja-U, Doctor G was ridiculed throughout the Archaeology department for his crazy theories about how the original Brikverse was a peaceful place that promoted non-violent play.
Cast out of Academia, G went into history's oldest profession seeking the power to bitchslap those who had mocked him.
He has returned to Ninja-U, having grown a second pair of Pimphands and forging his own Kloan Artifakt, seeking something hidden on his brother's yacht, the Bootiful Bounty.

Hypnobrah Party Raft

Move: 9"?
Armor: 1d10
Size: 4
Grappling Line: Use 3, Range 6"

Sensei U and his Pantie Ninja Disciples:
While "Van Wild" U is the Dean's other son and 72 years old, he has somehow avoided expulsion despite barely having enough credit hours to be considered a freshman.
This is because U is a master of his own brand of Ninja Arts, called Spin-it-U, which allows one to manipulate Universal Rules of Bureaucracy in their favor.
As this naturally allows him practical Godhood on Ninja-U's Campus, he has of course gathered many a follower from the underachieving portion of the Student Body.

White Nindroid Zeta

Move: 5" (+5 Ninja Swiftness, -5 Armored)
Skill: 1d6, Throwing Master (Doubles the range on thrown weapons)
Weapons: 2x Sai (Hand Melee Weapons), Use 2, Damage 1d6

Zeta loathes its existence; created by the Engineering department as the "Ultimate Bean-bag Toss Champion", he was then unwilling forced into Sensei U's service as a Bodyguard and "Robot Butler".

Blue Ninja J

Move: 5" (+5 Ninja Swiftness, -5 Armored)
Skill: 1d6, Electrified (Every successful Melee hit does an additional 1d6 damage to any target within 1d4 range)
Weapons: 2x Assassin claws (Hand Melee Weapons), Use 2, Damage 1d6

J has always been a bit of a techbane ever since his mother threw him into the dryer as a child, giving him a permanent static charge.
Like many of U's disciples, J wishes to learn from the master how to pick up chicks, specifically to fulfil his fetish for a girl who can't tell the difference between red and blue.

Sensei U
Move 10" (+5 Ninja Swiftness)
Skill: 1d8, Can't Touch This (-1 penalty to any Skill rolls to hit this character)
Weapon: Wooden Beatstick; Use 3, Damage 1d6+2

U has been the big man on Campus for nearly 60 years now, and he certainly isn't going to let any loosers like his Brother or the Hypnobrahs change it.

Bootiful Bounty

Move: 8"?
Armor: 2d10
Size: 17
Available weapons:
Cannon (Size 2 Launcher), Use 4, Range 12"
4x Cannonballs (XS 1 Explosives), Damage 1d10 Exp; Thrown, Use 1, Range 3"
4x Katana (Heavy Melee Weapons), Use 3, Damage 1d6+2
4x Crossbows (Short Ranged Weapons), Use 3, Range 6", Damage 1d6
2x Hidden Knifes (Hand Melee Weapons), Use 2, Damage 1d6

So the scenario is as follows:
The Hypnobrah Party Raft is attempting to board the Bootiful Bounty as it sails on the Sea of Wood.
Each participant shall be given one Minifig to control, as well as a chance for a secret objective to complete.
Since this is a test for both the 2010 rules and my new tripod, there are no secret factions available, so don't bother asking.

Once I have the speeds for both vehicles nailed down I will post an Overwatch picture.

Participants:
Lord G - Open
Sensei U - Me
Slitherbrah - Silverdream
Scales - lawmaster
White Nindroid Zeta - Scratch
Blue Ninja J - darkpaladin
Last edited by Whiteagle on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Boarding of the Bounty - Sign up and stats

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Give me slitherbrah please.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Silverdream wrote:Give me slitherbrah please.
He's yours.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Vehicle's speed?
I originally wanted to make the Bounty 24", but then I remembered the that the Party Raft crew has to have a chance to get on board...
There's about 7-8' of table to work with, so I guess it really depends on how many turns you guys want this to go for?

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Scales please
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

darkpaladin
Officer

Post by darkpaladin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Blue ninja j please

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Done and done.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 pm

I will take Los Zetas.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Scratch wrote:I will take Los Zetas.
Alright, now we just need Stubby to decide whether or not he is participating and to hammer out both boats movement speeds...

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Whiteagle wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on the Vehicle's speed?
I originally wanted to make the Bounty 24", but then I remembered the that the Party Raft crew has to have a chance to get on board...
There's about 7-8' of table to work with, so I guess it really depends on how many turns you guys want this to go for?
There's a chart of example vehicle speeds in 9.1. I'm not sure how you picture the Bounty's propulsion, whether it's a flying boat or what, but for example, 20" is the speed for fighter jets and starfighters.

I don't think I have time to participate in this battle unfortunately, my schedule is pretty tight right now.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:30 pm

stubby wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on the Vehicle's speed?
There's a chart of example vehicle speeds in 9.1. I'm not sure how you picture the Bounty's propulsion, whether it's a flying boat or what, but for example, 20" is the speed for fighter jets and starfighters.
Well the idea is that those hugeass sails have it going along at a good clip, but I did use the 2010 baseline rules for calculating the listed speeds.

Of course the proposed end of the scenario would be the Bounty flying off the other end of the table, ether captured or free, after a small number of turns.
Thus how fast the boats can go will determine how much of a time limit my players will have.
stubby wrote:I don't think I have time to participate in this battle unfortunately, my schedule is pretty tight right now.
Alright then we are going to need two more...

Hopefully we can find someone to put these leaders to lulzy use.

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Whiteagle wrote:Well the idea is that those hugeass sails have it going along at a good clip, but I did use the 2010 baseline rules for calculating the listed speeds.
I'm just saying that I've never seen a sailboat that can outrun an F-16, no matter how big its sails are.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm

stubby wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:Well the idea is that those hugeass sails have it going along at a good clip, but I did use the 2010 baseline rules for calculating the listed speeds.
I'm just saying that I've never seen a sailboat that can outrun an F-16, no matter how big its sails are.
Well an inch is, what, three feet in microbrik scale?

...How much time supposedly passes in a single turn?

Plus we have to remember that both ships have jet engines on them...

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 pm

That would mean we have guns that only fire fifteen feet. There is no conversion between brik-scale and real-world scale, the only important thing is where one in-game object sits relative to other in-game objects. What does moving 10" a turn mean? It means you move faster than a galleon but slower than a motorboat. That's it. There's no real-world conversion.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 pm

stubby wrote:That would mean we have guns that only fire fifteen feet. There is no conversion between brik-scale and real-world scale, the only important thing is where one in-game object sits relative to other in-game objects. What does moving 10" a turn mean? It means you move faster than a galleon but slower than a motorboat. That's it. There's no real-world conversion.
So really my boats can go as fast as I damn well please due to the speed of plot?

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Yes, they can all go thirty feet if you want, the important thing is the internal relative consistency. If your ship goes 24" and the raft trying to board it goes 9" then there's no point in playing in the first place. If your ships go too much faster than your minifigs then it takes away a lot of cool positioning tactics as well.