ULTIMATE BRIKWARS

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

ULTIMATE BRIKWARS

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:51 pm

What if there was an alternate universe of brikwars, like ultimate marvel universe?
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: ULTIMATE BRIKWARS

Postby Tzan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:31 pm

So an alternate Brikverse would be Friendship based instead of violence?

samuelzz10 wrote:like ultimate marvel universe?

Hitler doesn't know what that is.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Tzan wrote:So an alternate Brikverse would be Friendship based instead of violence?

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby stubby » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm

The evil Peacenik comes from a Nega-NegaVerse which is probably Friendship based. The Pwnies may be part of one of his ploys.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby lorbaat » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:19 pm

The "Ultimate" Marvel Universe (aka universe 1610) isn't an "opposite" universe- the best way to describe its original intent was to streamline years of 616 (aka the "normal" Marvel Universe) into a cohesive whole built from the start, rather than on decades of slowly accrued continuity. The best example of this is that

pretty much all superpowers, including the Hulk and the mutant X-gene, are the result of attempts to recreate Erskine's supersoldier serum.

I guess the BrikWars version would be a universe built from the ground up around all the existing factions, rather than players adding their mythos to the existing whole? But I don't have a great handle on the ins and outs of the BrikVerse as a whole, so I dunno.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Tzan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 pm

lorbaat wrote:*explained some stuff in a way that Hitler could understand*

Thanks.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Natalya » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:49 pm

@OP:
Not really necessary. The Galaktik Rekonstruktion // Galaktik Revolution system explains the random additions of new factions. Also, not all empires inhabit the same galaxy. Galaxia Nehellenium is where many of them are located, but that doesn't preclude the possibility of other undiscovered galaxies.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Plus, what's stopping it?

Multiverse is a great go-to for whenever you want to explore any idea not already inherent in the universe of whatever story in which you're currently interested. A simple, bullshit, psuedo-scientific plot device. I've had a story associated with my Lego since I was a kid. There's a lot there. Effort, time, care, nostalgia. It's mine but it isn't BrikWars. So I separate it out into different (alternate to one another maybe) universes but its a fun exercise to occasionally have a concept or character from my own verse that I would represent differently in the Brikverse. No one will get it but me (unless they ask specifically about it) but no one really gives a damn anyway. It'll never end up on the Wiki (not that, in this case, I'd want it to) but it enhances my own enjoyment of the setting.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

LOL NOT DEFAULT POST SUBJECT

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 pm

I would like a widely accepted second universe, mainly because this universe has gained too many "unbreakable laws", as in for example, unless your post count is over 10,000 and you have a huge army you can't make a terribly huge difference in the brikverse. If a more open second universe (I coin ultimate-verse) was made, more people could forge the landscape. Ironically, similar to the reason ultimate universe marvel was made.
lorbaat wrote:Marvel comic stuff
glad you're on my crusade to destroy all DC comics, except plastic man of course.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 am

samuelzz10 wrote:as in for example, unless your post count is over 10,000 and you have a huge army you can't make a terribly huge difference in the brikverse.

Now, hold on like Bonn-o-Tron. I think that would be true no matter what. If you made a "second official universe," it would benefit from the same advantages and suffer from the same flaws. Or just be generally ignored.

On the whole, I don't really have much problem with the people who invest the most time here being the ones that guide the narrative (such as it is, really) and I'm not sure why we can't just create whatever the hell we want. I've written a couple of fanfic pieces (because I can't think of anything else to call the small amount of flotsam of creative license I've tossed at these forums) set in the Brikverse. I've not come along and suddenly announced a superdevice that gives me control of the Immortals, like a douche, or just generally mucked about with other people's creativity. I try to write stuff that fits or stays out of the way. If I want to include someone else, I'm inclined to ask for their participation in my story. I'd hope that if someone came up with something that was actually really cool, it would be appreciated by those with (as if its anything near this formal) bidding power. They go, "Man, that's cool" and suddenly its a part of the narrative. We have evidence of that now, otherwise there would be no star empires or forum battles or whatever. They could also ignore it and it's *still* a part of the narrative because it's here, buried in the forums for anyone (namely newbies) to come along and find.

My suggestion would be to see how many people really feel like the place has stagnated, that the concept of the Brikverse is overevolved, that those with "influence" do not pay enough attention to lowbies...although, on this last, I seriously question whether they have any obligation to; they are, after all, just fans like you or I. Anyway, find out, see if you can make it a thing. Instead of starting over, build a creative effort to advance stories and ideas in the universe that already exists. Rayhawk built in a plot device to handle such massive reformation. The key is whether anyone feels like using it or not.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Re: LOL NOT DEFAULT POST SUBJECT

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 am

samuelzz10 wrote:for example, unless your post count is over 10,000 and you have a huge army you can't make a terribly huge difference in the brikverse.

Not true. It helps if you stick around and you're likeable. Plus having a uniform faction is also key. Thesson didn't have any of these three, but for the time he stuck around he had a memorable mercenary faction that was featured in one of Colette's brikfics. This other guy who started a faction called Dandalorians would have played a part in brikwars (I even built him an army of 20 figs) but he left before I could use them in a battle.

Although I think that this idea sounds pretty good. We can keep the brikverse less confusing and we don't have to worry about contradictions. People can start Ultimate soap operas, forum battles and storylines and the storylines that affect the brikverse don't have to ruin other plots(Piltogg's Quest and the Immortal War won't affect the Ultimate Brikverse unless people want it to). When the Ultimate Brikverse and the Brikverse want to fight we can have awesome crossovers.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Colette » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:05 am

ONE DAY- I will sit down, edit the hell out of that wiki, and make it easy for newbies to get familiar with the history and surroundings of our canon.

Or it will fail and be interrupted like the rest of my major efforts on here.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:31 am

Silverdream wrote:and the storylines that affect the brikverse don't have to ruin other plots

I don't know...we're talking about an entire Universe here. Surely there's room for more than one epic storyline at a time.

Colette wrote:ONE DAY- I will sit down, edit the hell out of that wiki, and make it easy for newbies to get familiar with the history and surroundings of our canon.

This. I would like this. I would even contribute where I was able.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby stubby » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 am

Why aren't you able?

6: No time? - make small edits
7: Don't know what you're doing? - neither does anyone else. it's a wiki, someone will come along and fix it if you mess something up
8: Not important enough? - what? who cares?

If you need practice, you can always help the effort to import entries from the old wiki to the new one.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Scratch » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 am

I have been copying stuff over that has no pictures in it, it's pretty much the easiest thing possible.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Next

Return to General Discussion