Combined Fire

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: Combined Fire

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Seeing a shove actually be useful as a close combat action (at least here we play that a minifig shoved while in armor is knocked over
I vote this be put in the rulebook. rather than actually being moved, Armoured units are simply Disrupted.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:42 pm

I thought of doing this for awhile, but for the sake of rules consistency I ended up deciding against it in favor of requiring at least one Momentum die.

What I am going to do though, once I get to revising that chapter, is including an advice blurb for the half-dozen most straightforward ways to deal with a dude in Armor. And maybe a picture of Colette crying or something as an example of how not to deal with it.
  • 6. A Charging Shove with +1d6" Momentum, to disrupt them.
    7. A Charging Attack with +1d6 Momentum Damage, to overcome the Armor.
    8. A Two-Handed Weapon, or any weapon of Size 2" or greater, to overcome their Armor.
    9. Combined Fire from Heavy and Long-Ranged Weapons. The +2s and +1s of Damage still pierce the Armor even after the d6es are stripped off.
    10. Keep hitting them with ranged units and wait for Overskill dice.
    11. Use their Half Speed to outmaneuver them - ladders, water, climbing obstacles, etc. are impassible to them.
    12. Use their Half Speed to kill them - Shoving one into a hole traps it; a body of water drowns it.
    13. Use their Half Speed to escape by walking away casually and ignoring them - they are too slow to do anything about it.
I'm still busily going through and converting all the old table formatting to the new consistent CSS style from Chapter 10, so I'm not being quite as lazy as I pretend.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeah, when it comes to actually playing, armored guys are shitty and useless. They're so slow they hardly score any of the kills in my games - it's always the regular minifig who just happened to roll a bunch of 6's all over the place.

I would go for armor ignoring a roll as-is, and then saying you can roll 1d6 instead if you REALLY REALLY want to (defender's choice).

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 pm

I wondered about that terrain impassible thing and how it interacts with units that have some other means of locomotion, like a jetpack or Doc Ock arms.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:23 pm

stubby wrote:9. Combined Fire from Heavy and Long-Ranged Weapons. The +2s and +1s of Damage still pierce the Armor even after the d6es are stripped off.
Oh wow. I didn't realize this. This revelation makes me think the new armor rules are a lot cooler now.
Last edited by Zupponn on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Armored guys can ride horses with no penalty - if you treat a jetpack or doc-oc arms as a "separate" vehicle, then there's no penalty. You do still have to spend an action to drive/fly it around though.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 am

Colette wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Maybe Armor should add a die to defense instead of taking one away from offense?
THIS. It's basically the same effect but doesn't feel as shitty and OP as just ignoring damage. I would not accept the new armor rules just because of the psychological effect of basically ignoring damage, not even giving it a chance.
Neg. Just don't armour your MoC or dude or whatever and pay for an extra structure level instead.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."