BrikWiki

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Re: BrikWiki

Postby Bragallot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 pm

Well, in my realm, Phineus lives in the North, and skeletons are white people, so I suppose stubby's theory stands.

I'm all for having a Rainboweros continent, btw.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Tzan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Zahru II wrote:Worked like a charm, thank you!

You're welcome. The Back button should be called the TimeTravel button.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 am

I wikied.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 am

Awesome.

Also, this is gorgeous. I went ahead and linked it in Zahru's profile since it wasn't linked in from anywhere. Also, I went through and fixed the redlinks. The new Bestiary section I put up accounts for a lot of ideas we previously had floating about on various pages. I've consolidated key concepts into grouped pages. Creature Components gives us a place for mind, structure, weapons, and propulsion. Creature Evolutions gives us a place for all the enhanced minifigs like Heroe, Mediks, and the like. Creature Specialties gives us a place for all the CP cost powers they have. I also put abilities you gave to monsters, like Spidering, in there. And Creature Themes give us a place for stereotypes like ninja, spaceman, townsfolk, castle, etc. Also, the Human section gathers floating words like girl, mom, nerd, boss, roller derby, school, etc.

Thinking on the word "stereotypikal," I had realized we had a lot of floating redlinks to words that "mean something" in BrikWars. Like logik, hatred, megalomania, rationality, trolling, and the like. So I created a Basic Understanding section under Philosophy to serve as a glossary of simple BrikWars ideas.

Thinking on the word "trolling," I realized with your Zahru article, Stubby, that it has two meanings for us. One as a race of creatures, which I put in Minifig Genus, and one as an act. So I linked one to the other.

Similar to the grouping mentioned above, I simplified the format found under tactics (now a subcategory of Gaming in BrikWars). They're all on one page since they're basic (no one ever wrote more than a few sentences). I figure if a particular tactics section expands, we can link it out to its own page with its own categories. Until then, really no need for separate pages. About them, though: I retitled some of the headings to reflect actual BrikWars units. Tactical info on how to handle a Hero is more useful, if you're even into that sort of thing, than random made up bullshit. That said, I kept some of that random made up bullshit because the concept is neat and helps to expand the sense of what is possible when creating units in more complicated games. I haven't been linking to strategies when referring to specific types of characters, like heroes and scouts, though. I've been instead linking to Creature Evolution for that sort of thing as thats where they are going to be defined. But I was thinking of linking to the associated strategy from the description entry.

As a final thought, I love the idea of SigFigs having their own page and I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I'll add that to Inhabitants of the Universe presently.
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zahru II » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:53 am

Whoa, looks real dashing! You should be promoted to 'Quantumsurfer the Scribe' or something
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:09 am

For my organization skills and my talent for verbosity? Because Stubby totally wrote that Trollarm article.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby stubby » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:Thinking on the word "trolling," I realized with your Zahru article, Stubby, that it has two meanings for us. One as a race of creatures, which I put in Minifig Genus, and one as an act. So I linked one to the other.

Three, actually, but I think it's funniest to just conflate them rather than treat them as separate concepts.

Troll, n.
    6. A noxious species that regenerates no matter how many times you think you've killed them, trolls are a standard monster of fantasy fiction and Norse and Japanese mythology. They have no redeeming qualities.
    7. A noxious species that regenerates no matter how many times you think you've killed them, trolls are a standard class of internet forum posters. They have no redeeming qualities.
    8. A noxious species that regenerates no matter how many times you think you've killed them, trolls are the lowest form of standard pranks and practical japery. They have no redeeming qualities.
Quantumsurfer wrote:As a final thought, I love the idea of SigFigs having their own page and I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I'll add that to Inhabitants of the Universe presently.

I wasn't sure whether to combine sigfig entries with their players (like on the page for Natalya) or to separate them out like Zahru. In the long run I think it'll probably be better to have separate pages that link back to each other.

Quantumsurfer wrote:Stubby totally wrote that Trollarm article.

I mostly just copied it from the Medivo article. But I will take credit for the funny painting.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Natalya » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:52 am

Zahru II wrote:Whoa, looks real dashing! You should be promoted to 'Quantumsurfer the Scribe' or something

Thy will be done.

Regarding the Zahru Article:
The Notable Appearances section refers to the appearances of the character, but for the Piltogg and Natalya pages it refers to battles which we (the humans) played in, but our articles are combined descriptions of Natalya and Piltogg the humans and our sig-figs at the same time. Maybe we should like have two kinds of Appearances sections, one that describes appearances of the sig-fig or whatever character it is, and one that describes battles which a human BrikWarrior either hosted or participated in?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby stubby » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am

Yes. This will probably work best if the human page and the sigfig page have separate tables. Maybe I'll cook up some templates later.
stubby

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:49 am

Natalya wrote:Thy will be done.

:D

Natalya wrote:one that describes appearances of the sig-fig or whatever character it is, and one that describes battles which a human BrikWarrior either hosted or participated in?

stubby wrote:Yes. This will probably work best if the human page and the sigfig page have separate tables. Maybe I'll cook up some templates later.

Works for me.

I'll use the Far-Ums article to help tie them together. I linked out Major Natalya under SigFigs but I didn't move anything over. I figured since you took the time to write the background, you'd want to be the one to separate things out, Natalya. Should be super easy, though. I see you had the foresight to separate the Major into her own section.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Scratch » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:08 pm

I think the best way to differentiate between sigfig and humanimal is to do the section about the forum battle participation under the user:Natalya page, and have the Natalya page be her sigfig's actual includement.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby stubby » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Good idea, I hadn't thought of using the User: pages to differentiate them.

I've added Template:player and Template:categories and made a few examples: Natalya, Piltogg, Stubby, Quantumsurfer
stubby

Postby Keldoclock » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:17 pm

a renegade-type bass-wielding Haruko+Rainbow Dash on roller skates

This is so much less awesome than actual Natalya, this sounds like something a 14 year old would write on a social networking page.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:57 pm

The nav templates are nice, they make the wiki look more professional. I assume we'll link those in once all the templates have been embedded into the individual pages. I also really like the profile templates. They look really good and provide an excellent snapshot of the member both for reminders and for those who tl;dr.

Keldoclock wrote:This is so much less awesome than actual Natalya, this sounds like something a 14 year old would write on a social networking page.

Haha, are you for real? You notice the intense My Little penis obsession on these here forums? That's fully 33% of stickers and penises and myspace. :)
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zahru II » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote: You notice the intense My Little penis obsession

hahahahahahaha fucking lost it, GG word-filter

... I hope it's the word-filter
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion