Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Bragallot » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Really stacking up on the space stuff aren't you? :wink:
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Zahru II » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Going down that financial rabbit hole mighty fast
Zahru II

Postby Zupponn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:51 am

Hey, if I could get that much stuff for $10, it would be a no-brainer for me.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby morganm » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 am

For $10? Nice score dude!

My epic haul from Brick Warriors arrived =^.^=
Please excuse my lame photos. Didn't wanna spend the time to setup the light box.

DSC08744 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

A few things didn't have the colors I wanted; like spiked goblin helmets. So I ordered black, dark brown, and dark green. It looks awesome in dark brown. Army green is ..meh.. it's a rather unique color and doesn't match much. Black is OK because it matches most things but hard to see any details.

Again the Brute armor was out of the colors I wanted so I got army green and blue. The army green looks nice in this piece especially since I really don't have to match it with anything because it's all one piece. I got one in blue to experiment with cutting the helmet free; will let yall know how that goes.

A little disappointed in the greaves. They don't fit very tight so when you handle the figure they fall off easy. Nice for display but not for play. Also the clips interfere with one another on the inside between the legs so you have to put one on top of the other. This means one is slightly higher than the other. Ideally I would just glue them onto legs that I never wanted to remove them from :twisted:

I should have ordered more ogre (ettin) armor while he had the colors I wanted! Had to get army green. It's not a bad choice just not my first choice.

There's a lot of detail in these pieces you don't get to see until you have them in your hand. For example the android armor. It has a lot of interesting detail on the back which isn't depicted in any of the photos on http://www.BrickWarriors.com. My crappy photos hardly do it justice... but you get the idea...

Front:

Back

All in all I'm very happy with this stuff. I'll have to be more diligent in the future and order things in the colors I want because if I wait they will be gone.
morganm
Dimmy

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:29 am

Just got medievil armor and 5 invaders helmets from there! Did you get free shipping?
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Apollyon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Zahru II wrote:Got this mishmash of random figures from a friend for about 10$:

The minifig brackets alone are worth half of what you paid.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby lorbaat » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Last night I found an unopened 7119 and 4477, so I put those together.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby morganm » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:Just got medievil armor and 5 invaders helmets from there! Did you get free shipping?

Indeed; that's why I ordered a grip... take advantage of the free shipping.
morganm
Dimmy

Postby Bragallot » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 am

I've decided that, before I start to build new figs / factions or buy sets (which always encourage me to get more parts to customize the figs I get with them or simply get them to work with what I have) I need to finish the factions I have first. This'll take a while, since I have a list of Brickarms stuff I need to get (and it doesn't exactly run cheap), but the finish line seems like it might be in sight. Given, this is partially because I scrapped a lot of stuff (mostly a lot of scheduled Falx units that were never made, but also a Goblin and Orc horde made of custom parts, among other things), but still, I have the feeling I'm reaching that point where I have enough stuff anyway and just want to make what I have cooler, or get single parts / figs I don't have yet because I think they're awesome.

I just ordered some medieval extras (I needed some townspeople), 'Irina Spalko' (who will make a nice base for another Prussian officer), Marion Ravenwood and Peach Slave Leia (both of which will make nice high elves). Then some stuff to rework my Bragtanians for the better, some additions to the Falx (SHIELDS! FINALLY!) and Inquistadores (visors, mostly), a couple of things for the Prussians, pieces to finish Lord James the Black (when I get them, he'll finally look 100 percent the same as Silent's original) and more lightsabre handles, which I was in dire need of. I constantly had to switch them from my Hitokiri and Bloodguard to my Scifi dudes, which was a pain in the ass.

I also got some engines (for the Prussian hover tank, which currently has yellow engines) and 20 red tiles (blood! Or just useful in builds) and neck brackets (for winged units or banner carriers).

I'll probably post pics of the new stuff applied to the stuff it's meant for when it gets here (to brag about it, or what were you thinking?).
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Zahru II » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm

My bricklink order finally arrived! You'll see soon what it went into.
Zahru II

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Zahru II wrote:My bricklink order finally arrived! You'll see soon what it went into.

A robot woman? :warhead:

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Zupponn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:09 am

I'm getting stuff in right now too. Stay tuned.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Bragallot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Meh, I found a new Lego store near-ish to me and found the Kingdoms cart attack set for 25,00 euros, which is an acceptable price (considering it was 40,00 elsewhere), but when I tried to buy it the shopkeeper said it was 34,00 (which is a ripoff) although it clearly said 25,00 in the racks. I decided not to fight about it (after all the shopkeeper is probably not the one who arranged it like that), but I didn't buy it.

I also doubt I'll be getting any of the Hobbit sets (from there). The Warg attack set was 80 euros! That's insane.

They did have the big Ninjago mech for 40 euros (at least, that's what it said :roll: ) which is tempting, but I'm not sure if I want it because it's use would be rather limited (though I have 1... rather 'spectacular' idea of what to do with it :twisted: ) and a couple of Mill Village Raids for 60 euros... which might turn into 75 as soon as I try to buy it :roll:
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby morganm » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Next time be more assertive! You don't have to be a dick about it but just pointing out the facts of what you saw may have yielded the outcome you wanted plus the people running the store now know there's a problem that needs to be addressed.
morganm
Dimmy

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks