Brikwar anthology movie

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Brikwar anthology movie

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:44 pm

I always wanted there to be a cool stopmotion 40-90 minute brikwars movie, but obviously nobody has the time for that. But after re-watching ANTHOLOGY OF INTEREST on futurama for the 50th time, I wondered if it should possibly be an anthology film, which could capture the scope of the whole brikverse. You know, like a VOL story, a TTSJ story, an immortal battle story, etc, etc. And yes, just so you know guys I CAN MAKE STOP MOTION MOVIES TOO! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-j2gYXXIuU)(I have made way more, with much better sets but they had all been lost in a hard-drive accident) So, what do you think?

EDIT: anybody can voice act if they have audacity, but I think a few segments have to be in here.
Introduction: About 5 minutes, just a small skirmish that ends in the camera zooming away until eventually it reads brikwars in big letters
DSM near extinction: About 10 minutes, a few DSM enter a mountain base and after some fighting and teleporting into a lava lab, they flip a switch that nearly destroys all organic life in an attempt to stop cthulu from ever dominating the universe
Immortal assassination attempt: About 10 minutes, some ttsj units go back to eden after the big bang (name of dsm explosion) in an attempt to kill the first immortals
Team awesome and third alliance space fight: About 10 minutes, Team awesome and pittloggs fight it out in space
Revived DSM kills brittanians while being paranoid about cthulu somehow returning after what happened: About 15 minutes. Based on this: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10543

Any other ideas?
Last edited by samuelzz10 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: Brikwar anthology movie

Postby Silverdream » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Sounds awesome. Maybe Forlorn can direct a few as well(he does have a large amount of DSM). I think that people should collaboratively write, voice and come up with ideas for the scenes. I could always dig out my old camera and make a Yellow sector one, and I bet that there's more of us who are capable and willing to make stop motion shorts.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:37 pm

I think it sounds daunting but if you think you're up for it then, hell yes, go for it.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:09 pm

samuelzz10 wrote: stopmotion 40-90 minute

Filming at 15 fps, each frame might take you about 30 seconds to set up and shoot, so filming for this would take 300 hours to 675 hours. You'd also need bricks etc of course, and camera gear.

I dunno if you're willing to put in that kind of work, but I have neither the equipment nor the desire. I have a decent utterly horrifying half-functional cobbled together from craigslist shit audio rig though so other brikwars stuff is probably possible?
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Keldoclock wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote: stopmotion 40-90 minute

Filming at 15 fps, each frame might take you about 30 seconds to set up and shoot, so filming for this would take 300 hours to 675 hours. You'd also need bricks etc of course, and camera gear.

I dunno if you're willing to put in that kind of work, but I have neither the equipment nor the desire. I have a decent utterly horrifying half-functional cobbled together from craigslist shit audio rig though so other brikwars stuff is probably possible?
Anthology means lots of small segments. People would only need to film one or two, and if I went to bricks in motion and lifted a rock at least 5 chumps would be somewhat interested.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Kalvinator » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:59 pm

I would like to voice act if I can. I'm also interested in stop motion filming, but, I have no idea how too and probably would need a way better camera.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby ForlornCreature » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:45 am

Right from the start I've always wanted to do something with Brikwars and animation (see Brikwars: Animated), characters like Warhead would be awesome to see brought to life.
However a huge project is probably biting off more than you can chew. Doing shorts (2-5mins) is probably about the sweet spot between doable and monstrous, at 15fps. Sex Rocket (5mins long) was done at 24fps with on and off filming/editing that took me over a year from when I started, and was a pretty huge project. Lego minecraft is 15fps but the second part has taken so long because I basically had to reshoot the whole thing because I hated how bad it was. Moral of the story is these things take 10 times longer than you'd want.

I'm also up for glorious violent scenes with interesting cinematography, I recently saw Django Unchained and am totally up for over-the-top clay gore.

EDIT:
Silverdream wrote:Maybe Forlorn can direct a few as well(he does have a large amount of DSM).

I only have one TerrorKahn :(
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:23 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:(see Brikwars: Animated)

Speaking of... where's part 4?
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:Right from the start I've always wanted to do something with Brikwars and animation (see Brikwars: Animated), characters like Warhead would be awesome to see brought to life.
However a huge project is probably biting off more than you can chew. Doing shorts (2-5mins) is probably about the sweet spot between doable and monstrous, at 15fps. Sex Rocket (5mins long) was done at 24fps with on and off filming/editing that took me over a year from when I started, and was a pretty huge project. Lego minecraft is 15fps but the second part has taken so long because I basically had to reshoot the whole thing because I hated how bad it was. Moral of the story is these things take 10 times longer than you'd want.

I'm also up for glorious violent scenes with interesting cinematography, I recently saw Django Unchained and am totally up for over-the-top clay gore.

EDIT:
Silverdream wrote:Maybe Forlorn can direct a few as well(he does have a large amount of DSM).

I only have one TerrorKahn :(
I can't exactly tell if this is a yes or no, but I need to ask you about your methods. first of, do you use wav-tracker, or a similar program? (If you have to look that up, its a bad sign)
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby mgb519 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 pm

HE WON A CONTEST AND YOU DIDN'T. STOP PESTERING HIM.

Forlorn: I would totally give you one of my violent, awesome story ideas and try to develop a script for you if you wanted.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:00 pm

mgb519 wrote:HE WON A CONTEST AND YOU DIDN'T. STOP PESTERING HIM.

Forlorn: I would totally give you one of my violent, awesome story ideas and try to develop a script for you if you wanted.

I can vouch for his violent awesome story ideas.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:41 pm

mgb519 wrote:HE WON A CONTEST AND YOU DIDN'T. STOP PESTERING HIM.

If you want guest voice actors, or you want good timing without guessing, you HAVE to use wav tracker. It measures how many frames you must use per second for an audio clip. For example, if i say hi, and I ask it how many frames I must use per second it would say 17 frames to say hi. Also, send in any scripts you have! if I get a lot, I'll have to make this a voting contest. I've already got 2 down.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm

my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby ForlornCreature » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 am

Kalvinator wrote:
ForlornCreature wrote:(see Brikwars: Animated)

Speaking of... where's part 4?

That died 2 years ago when I was a whiny kid(I still probably am) and I had to dismantle the set for various reasons. I did try reviving it with a TF2 battle, but never followed through with it properly.

samuelzz10 wrote:I can't exactly tell if this is a yes or no, but I need to ask you about your methods. first of, do you use wav-tracker, or a similar program? (If you have to look that up, its a bad sign)

I use Dragonframe, which is an expensive frame capture software that does everything I'd ever need for animation, including importing of sound that I can sync with as I animate. Also, onion skinning, instant playback, and lots of other stuff.
I use a Canon 550d (t2i for non-aussies), and edit in Sony Vegas. Lately I've been doing most of my sound effects with foley.
I tend to avoid dialogue in my videos, but I used the sound importing a lot for the Sex Rocket music video to synchronize movement. Before I had that though, it was just a simple matter of counting time and doing some rough division in my head.

If you guys do have ideas, feel free to PM me or post them here. If you do, don't put too much effort, just keep it very short and to the point. I generally only make stuff because of a single cool camera shot I want to do.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby Silverdream » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:16 am

A really cool idea that you might be able to do would be the story of the crying spaceman.

There's quite a bit of potential with the Metal Warriors or Iceworlders fighting Daemons.

I would like to write a script about a Britannian Ship engaging space pirates or possibly a horror from beyond the stars. It could also utilize microspace.

King of the hill.

A bar full of mercenaries and other characters runs out of booze, and the military has to be brought in.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Next

Return to General Discussion