Crimson Crusade Guide

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Crimson Crusade Guide

Post by Bragallot » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 am

Hello,

Those of you who made sig fig requests ages ago will probably know what this is about, for those of you who don't: the Crimson Crusade is a more RPG-like campaign set in Westeron, Medivo, that I am now finally about to start, in which players will have to support Queen Lara's invasion of the Falx lands through the use of their characters. You'll find all the rules and information in this (simple) guide.

For background, check out these threads:
- http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... =17&t=7337
- http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... rshal+lara
- http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... ra#p235651

Character system

Everyone starts out as a level 1 character with mostly average abilities. You can upgrade your abilities with skill points, and you get 1 skill point every time you level up. You can get XP by killing enemies, and finishing quests. Below is a list of how much XP is required to reach each level.

Levels
Spoiler
Show
1 – 0 XP
2 – 5 XP
3 – 15 XP
4 – 25 XP
5 – 35 XP
6 – 45 XP
7 – 55 XP
8 – 70 XP
9 – 85 XP
10 – 100 XP
Skill points are used to upgrade your stats. Upgrading your stats can be done in the neutral zone, or in between stages. Below is a list of how much every upgrade costs. Keep in mind that you always have to pay the full cost, and have to get to the next level before you can get to the one beyond that. So if you want to upgrade from 5" move to 7" move, you'll need 2 SP (1 to get to 6, the other to get to 7).

Move
Spoiler
Show
5” - standard
6” – 1 SP
7” – 1 SP
8” – 1 SP
Skill
Spoiler
Show
1d6 – standard
1d6+1 – 2 SP
1d6+2 – 2 SP
2d6 – 2 SP
2d6+1 – 3 SP
Armour (natural toughness)
Spoiler
Show
4 - standard
5 - 2 SP
6 – 2 SP
7 – 3 SP
Abilities

Below are a number of abilities, but you can also learn custom abilities (you simply suggest them yourself and I decide the power of the ability based on the SP you're willing to give). Abilities can be upgraded like other stats.
Spoiler
Show
- Observation: allows you to observe an enemy and discover his stats + the rewards he yields. Doesn't cost an action. - 1 SP
- Fast Learner: gives 1 extra SP every time you level up – 2 SP
- Weapon proficiency: gives +1 damage to wielding 1 weapon type – +1 da = 1 SP +2 da = 2 SP +3 da = 3 SP
- Dodge: allows your character to attempt a dodge by using his skill vs. the opponent’s skill – 2 SP
- Evasion: makes it harder to hit your character - -1 = 1 SP -2 = 2 SP
- Constitution: grants additional HP – 2 HP = 2 SP 3 HP = 3 SP 4 HP = 4 SP
- Alacrity: grants additional actions - 2 actions = 4 SP 3 actions = 5 SP alacrity
- Healing: heals yourself if you're wounded, or a dead and intact / incapacitated minifig or a wounded minifig for 1 HP. Friendly resurrected NPC's will become your mercenaries, enemy resurrected NPC's may be killed again for XP (but not gold). UR 5 - 1 SP UR 4 - 2 SP UR 3- 3 SP

Minor ability – 1 SP
Average ability – 2 SP
Expert ability – 3 SP
Equipment

As with abilities, everyone starts out with fairly standard equipment. I won't give everyone crappy-looking weapons, just crappy stats. So what looks like Drakensy's mace will just count as a handweapon at the start of the game. It also goes the other way around: if you buy a 'cape', or 'epaulettes', they may not show up on your character visibly, but their stats will count.

Equipment stats are also standard. You can buy or upgrade equipment with gold. When upgrading a weapon you already have, you don't have to pay the full price. So if a handweapon costs 5g and a fine handweapon costs 20g, you can upgrade it for 15g. You get gold by killing enemies, or finishing quests. Below is a list of all available weapons and equipment.

Loot from defeated enemies is (usually) considered 'broken' and cannot be looted, but you will get gold for defeating the enemy as loot (also so we don't have to f around selling everything you find).

Your character can only have as much equipment as he can carry with him, but there is a 'neutral zone' where you can drop equipment off. If a quest item happens to be a piece of equipment, you can just carry it along (but not use it).

Armoury
Spoiler
Show
Weapons

Small handweapon (sidearm): 2g (UR: 2 Da: 1d6)
Handweapon: 5g (UR: 2 Da: 1d6+1)
Blunt handweapon: 8g (UR: 2 Da: 1d6+1 - +1 damage to armour-wearing minifigs)
Elite handweapon: 20g (UR: 2 Da: 1d6+2)

Heavy weapon: 15g (UR: 3 Da: 1d6+2)
Heavy weapon + charge: 20g (UR: 3 Da: 1d6+2 (may be used to charge)
Elite heavy weapon: 30g (UR: 4 Da: 1d6+3)
Elite Heavy weapon + charge: 35g (UR: 4 Da: 1d6+3 (may be used to charge)

Large weapon: 25g (UR: 4 Da: 2d6)
Elite large weapon: 40g (UR: 4 Da: 2d6+1 damage)

Shortbow: 5g (Ra: 5" UR: 3 Da: 1d6+1)
Bow: 10g (Ra: 10" UR: 4 Da: 1d6+1)
Longbow: 15g (Ra: 12" UR: 4 Da: 1d6+1)
Elite longbow: 25g (Ra: 12" UR: 4 Da: 1d6+2)
Crossbow: 20g (Ra: 10" UR: 3 Da: 1d6+1)
Elite crossbow: 30g (Ra: 10" UR: 3 Da: 1d6+2)
Pistol (sidearm): 10g (Ra: 5" UR: 4 Da: 1d6+2 - cannot be parried)
Musket: 25g (Ra: 10" UR: 4 Da: 1d6+2 - cannot be parried)
Magic wand (sidearm): 15g (Ra: 6" UR: 4 Da: 1d6+1 - cannot be parried) +1 spellpower
Magic staff: 30g (Ra: 10" UR: 4 Da: 1d6+1 - cannot be parried) +2 spellpower. In CC UR: 4 Da: 1d6+1
Elite magic staff: 40g (Ra: 12" UR: 4 Da: 1d6+2 - cannot be parried) +3 spellpower. In CC UR: 4 Da: 1d6+1

Magic ammo: 20g (adds +1 damage to ranged weapons)
Homing ammo: 20g (adds +1 accuracy to ranged weapons)
Scope: 20g (adds +1 accuracy to ranged weapons)
Automatic reloader / rewiring system: 30g (allows 2 shots for ranged weapons)

Bodywear

Light armour: 10g (+1 armour)
Heavy armour: 25g (+2 armour)
Full armour: 30g (-1” move, +2 armour, gives ‘armoured’ advantage)

Bandana: 5g (+1” move)
Helmet: 20g (+1 armour)
Visored helmet: 25g (+1 armour, no extra damage is taken from headshots)
Great helmet: 50g (+1 armour, no extra damage is taken from headshots, +1 HP)

Epaulettes: 20g (+1 skill)
Tattered cape: 5g (+1" move)
Cape: 25g (+1" move, +1 skill)
Rogue's cape: 15g (gives stealth ability)

Shields

Normal shield - 20g
Great shield - 25g (+1 UR and +1 Parry)
Spiked shield: 25g (also counts as heavy weapon)

Enchantments

Enchantments give bonuses to equipment. Example: heavy armour could be enchanted with lightning to shock attackers for 1d6 damage. Or you could for example enchant a weapon to do minor ice damage on top of its normal damage. Enchantments may be moved from one piece of equipment to another and are maintained when a piece of equipment is upgraded.

Minor enchantments - 15g
Average enchantments - 25g
Major enchantments - 40g

Potions

Speed potion - 1g (increases speed)
Rage potion - 3g (gives +1 damage to all attacks for 2 rounds of combat)
Maniac potion - 3g (gives +1 armour for 2 rounds of combat)
Concentration potion - 3g (gives +1 skill for 2 rounds of combat)
Healing potion - 5g (restores 1 HP)
Large healing potion - 10g (fully restores lost health)
Resurrection rune - 15g (if you are incapacitated, the resurrection rune will restore you to full health and allow you to re-enter the stage. Also heals all damage if you're not incapacitated)
Potion of Skill - 30g (gives you 1 extra skill point to spend)
Mercenaries

Mercenaries are people travelling with the Crusade that can be paid to fight at your side. They'll fight for you as long as they're alive, but they cannot gain experience (any experience of things they kill goes to your main character), and you don't get their equipment when they die. However, if they can stop you from dying, they may be well worth the money.
Spoiler
Show
Thief – 10g (average minifig with stealth and handweapon)
Archer – 10g (average minifig with bow and helmet)
Man-at-arms – 15g (average minifig with handweapon, shield and helmet)
Hunter – 20g (skilled minifig with stealth, handweapon and bow)
Knight – 25g (skilled minifig with spear, shield and full armour)
Bloodguard - 50g (hero with shield, helmet, heavy armour and fine heavy weapon)
Stages
Spoiler
Show
The Crimson Crusade will have several stages, each one of which will give you opportunities at gold, XP and fame. The stage ends when all quests have been completed, or if all characters have been incapacitated or have returned to the neutral area to rest. The neutral area is a safe zone where you will usually start out from and return to at the end of the stage.
Areas
Spoiler
Show
Rather than one big map, all stages will be built up by severable smaller accesible areas you can travel between.
Dying
Spoiler
Show
If your character dies, it doesn't die permanently, but is incapacitated and will have to sit out the rest of the stage. No XP or gold gathered up to that point will be lost, but you can also no longer gain any. You will however be able to start out again at the start of the next stage.
Turns
Spoiler
Show
There are no rounds, just actions. If you're faster than everybody else, that means you might get more actions in. An exception is when you're in combat or in an area where combat is being fought, then we have to follow round procedure (especially if you're fighting a fellow crusader)
Quests
Spoiler
Show
Each stage will have a quest log that shows all available quests, unrevealed quests and the rewards they yield. Quests are usually revealed by talking to NPC's. Some quests will require that you talk to the NPC that gives the quest before you can complete it (otherwise your character wouldn't know about it). If multiple characters band together to solve a quest, they all get the full reward for it upon completion, but they have to declare they're working together ('me, x and y are going to work together to solve quest z'). Even though :sparta: you can only share in experience if you actually helped to complete a quest. Some quests can be completed multiple times, but most cannot, so you'll have to be fast to make sure no one else snatches the XP away from you most of the time. Some quests have limits as to how many people are allowed to band together to do it. Multiple groups of characters can band together to solve a quest, but only one can finish it. If a character on a group is incapacitated, it frees up a 'slot' for another character to fill. 'Banding together' has one requirement however and this is that you all move to the quest area simultaneously. NPC's, mercenaries etc. don't count towards the maximum amount of people (since they can't get experience).
Character actions

There are several actions a character may take in his turn, all of which use up his turn (unless he has several actions)
Spoiler
Show
Talk to NPC: NPC's may give quests, share information or be persuaded to take certain actions, but not unless you talk to them. You can just 'talk' or ask your character to say something specific if you have a specific goal. 'Talk to x', 'say x to y', 'persuade x to do y'

Observe: Allows a character to observe an accesible area without actually going there and thus endangering himself. 'Observe area X'

Go to: moves your character from one area to another in one go. 'Go to x.' You have to be at the edge of an area

Interact: interact with an area by picking things up, fighting opponents or simply moving around. Normal Brikwars rules apply.
String orders
Spoiler
Show
You can string together a series of simple orders so you don't have to post again every time your character has taken a step. Example: 'go to the forest, talk to the hunter, search the area, build a trap, shoot arrows at a wolf to lure him into the trap, return to the neutral zone.
Characters

An Overwatch of all current characters, their status, abilities, equipment, original creators / current players and mercenaries.
Spoiler
Show
Droe de Alar – Killer_Karetsu (Lawmaster)
- Level 2 - 2 SP, 22g, 10/15 XP
- Mo: 5" Sk: 1d6 Ar: 5
Abilities
- Stealth (may attempt to hide)
- Evasion 1 (-1 to enemy attack rolls aimed at the character)
- Toughness 1 (+1 armour)
Equipment
- 2 blunt handweapons

MFS – Warhead (Scratch)
- Level 2 - 2 SP, 13g, 11/15 XP
- Mo: 5" (+1") Sk: 1d6(+1) Ar: 4
Abilities
- Constitution 1 (2 HP)
Equipment
- Santa’s bag: player may attempt to create any sort of item from Santa's bag. A skill roll decides whether this succeeds. Items only last until the end of the battle.
- 1 heavy weapon
- Cape (+1" move, +1 skill)

Rolys the Daring – Ross Varn
- Level 2 - 4 SP, 27g, 8/15 XP
- Mo: 5" Sk: 1d6 Ar: 4
Abilities
Poisonmonger: may attempt to create all kinds of poisons.
Equipment
- Shortbow
- Handweapon

Drakensy, Lord of Night – NapalmKing (Vami)
- Level 1 - 3 SP, 21g, 2/5 XP
Abilities
- N/A
Equipment
- 2 handweapons
Mercenaries:
- 2 retainers with average stats and heavy weapons

The Possessed Brethren – benkim

Tachi
- Level 1 - 1 SP, 10g, 1/5 XP
Abilities
- N/A
Equipment
- Heavy weapon

Nodachi
- Level 2 - 3 SP, 14g, 6/15 XP
Abilities
- N/A
Equipment
- Heavy weapon

Aloysius Black – Elmagnifico
- Level 1 - 3 SP, 23g, 4/5 XP
Abilities
- Minor engineering: may repair / create (if the right materials are at hand) anything mechanical. Skill roll decides whether he's successful.
Equipment
- Shortbow
- Shield

Lord James the Black – Silent
- Level 2 - 2 SP, 33g, 13/15 XP
- Mo: 5" Sk: 1d6 Ar: 4 (+1)
Abilities
- Strength 2 - the character can perform impressive feats of strength.
Equipment
- Heavy weapon
- Light armour (+1)

Squire Joul – Runny
- Level 1 - 3 SP, 20g, 1/5 XP
Abilities
- Scavenger: may attempt to procure random items / loot from anywhere. Skill roll decides whether he's successful. Looting dead enemies / other rich locations gives Joul a better chance to find something than digging in the middle of nowhere.
Equipment
- Handweapon
- Shield

Lord Godfrey – Alex
- Level 2 - 3 SP, 18g, 7/15 XP
Abilities
- Sword proficiency 1 (+1 da)
Equipment
- Heavy weapon
- Handweapon
- Helmet

Punik - me
- Level 1 - 3 SP, 14g, 5/15 XP
Abilities:
- Fast Learner: gains an additional SP every level.
Equipment:
- Handweapon
- Shield
- Light armour (+1)
Player achievements

Overwatch of all the rewards players have earned playing either knights of the realm or other people's characters - if they start playing a new character they maintain these rewards and can carry them over to another character.
Spoiler
Show
Scratch - (2 SP, 11 XP, 28g earned)
Zupponn (1 SP, 1 XP, 0g earned)
Quantumscribe (1 SP, 0 XP, 0g earned)
Me (1 SP, 2 XP, 2g earned)
Lawmaster (3 SP, 18g, 10 XP earned)
Falk (3g, 6 XP earned)
Silverdream (1 SP, 5g, 7 XP earned)
enders_shadow (1 SP, 10g earned)
Vami (2 SP, 11g, 2 XP earned)
If you have a character please post an acknowledgement so I know you'll be playing. If you already want to spend your first SP and 10 gold, or apply flaws, please do so. If you have any questions or find anything unclear, shoot.
Last edited by Bragallot on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Crimson Crusade Guide

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm playing. (Fabio II)
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 pm

I'll play for anyone if you need me to, just say which characters don't have players.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 pm

I will take a point of evasion and a pistol.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Is there a place where HP is shown? I believe mine has 2 hp as a perk.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Everyone starts with only 1 HP, but at least you can't die permanently (well, not yet). Maybe someone should be nice and invest their first SP in a healing / resurrection ability because I'm pretty positive people are going to get incapacitated at one point, and no one picked a mage / healer type. To make it not completely useless to yourself, let's say friendly NPC's that are resurrected by you become your mercenaries and enemy NPC's that are resurrected can be killed again for more XP (but not gold). I'll just add it to the ability list.

Though everyone can choose their own strategy, I would also recommend getting the light armour or some buff potions / mercenaries for early battles since the fights are gonna get harder and it'll be difficult to get better if you get incapacitated a lot early. You'll earn that 10g back quickly if it keeps you alive longer. 4 armour is very little even when you have a shield.

lawmaster's (Sir Egon the Quick) stats have been updated.

The pistol is considered a sidearm and can be carried freely.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 pm

I'll buy the light armor and does the helmet on sir Almond count as a helmet or do I have to buy it as well?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:42 pm

You'll have to buy it. Basically you own everything you see on your stat page. I know it's a strange mechanic but I don't want your characters to look dumb or be inexplicably missing their equipment - plus I would probably lose the parts if I didn't keep them on the figs ...
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:55 pm

I, Sir Jarvis will upgrade my movement with a skill point. Then I would like to upgrade my handweapon to a blunt weapon and buy a tattered cape.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Done and done. I also realized I should have probably put this in the Bonus Material forum.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

GeneralOfDeath
Cannon Fodder

Post by GeneralOfDeath » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Well, seeing as you got [deliberately misspelled name here] killed, I might as well sign up for this.
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Alright. You'll probably want to check the Stage 2 thread for available knights. Barad (bonus parry), Yagan (crossbow proficiency) and Alamar (strength, thus ability to wield a shield and a large weapon) are still open.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:44 am

I'll upgrade to blunt handweapon and buy the Fast Learner skill. What is armor exactly? A breatplate/armor piece? Or torso print armor?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:31 am

Light (like padded leather) and heavy (like heavy mail) is covered by the torso print, 'full armour' is an actual armour piece.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 am

So blunt weapons work best against any enemies with either torso print or actual armor, right?