Playing with SigFig ideas

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

pkbrennan
Minifig

Playing with SigFig ideas

Post by pkbrennan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:59 am

Seeming as everyone has a sigfig or two, I'd thought I would start thinking about one for myself. Now I have a habit of gender-bending with online platforms like Second Life - I tend to play females more than I play males for some odd reason. Never figured it out, myself.

Anyway, here is the base figure I used before tearing her apart:

I don't care for the lasso or the rather slutty expression on her face, so I made changes...

The head and the satchel are from the Pharaohs Quest Cobra Statue set. The head is double faced, with the reverse being an alarmed look (which has comedic potential in BrikWars). I also added a rifle and a revolver, giving her a two handed and one handed ranged weapon.

Later I will write her up, give her a name, stats, etc. As for Heroic Abilities, Sharpshooter/Sniper is a must, but I think she should get a special "kick sexists in the nuts" ability too...
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: Playing with SigFig ideas

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:14 pm

She looks formidable, mate.

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks dude. I think women should be formidable in BrikWars (apart from screaming bystanders, naturally). At least as formidable as the women of the PKK.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 pm

BrikWiki wrote:Among all the interdimensional abominations and ABS-mutated monstrosities in the BrikVerse, there is one Creature that stands above all others in its ability to terrify even the bravest of minifig men. Few indeed are those who can hold their ground in the face of Girls. (...) In the field, however, a Girl's interest in adhering to stereotypes rarely survives the first round of combat. The Damsels-in-Distress refuse to miss out on killing stuff, and the Fighting FuckToys forget to pretend that the opinions of spectators have any meaning for them. This is incredibly upsetting to minifig men, who are unable to accept the idea that not everything revolves around them.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Beat me to it...

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:35 am

pkbrennan wrote:Thanks dude. I think women should be formidable in BrikWars (apart from screaming bystanders, naturally). At least as formidable as the women of the PKK.
I know right. I include a lot of badass female characters in my battles.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Well, while waiting for my Dog-Headed-God-Statue-Thing from Pharaohs Quest to come through the post from Germany, I have made a few small orders here and there for stuff.

From Britlink: German Soldier #2 from the Indiana Jones ranges. £4.20 inc P&P. The trader was "Dublo or Bust", up in bonny Scotland.

From MinifigForLife: 5 Lever Action Rifles in brown, 1 limited edition spy (weapons) pack which comes with the Golden Gun, but it is more for the Beretta M96 braced pistol with full automatic fire, the big snipers rifle, and the four hand grenades (you can never have enough explosives) than anything else. For £11.20 inc P&P one cannot complain. Both sets are made by BrickArms, naturally.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Nice figure. I also seem to play female characters more than male atleast on multiplayer servers because the real gamers out there are like,"I GOT KILLED BY A GIRL WHAT DA FUCK MAN!" I tend to enjoy seeing that in the chat and knowing I was the one who killed him.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:20 am

Finally started working on a card for her, even though I have not written up her stats:

I've made my own xcf card template file for the GIMP to simplify things a bit and arrange them how I like them. KISS is the name of the game when doing this kinda thing...

Yeah. "Anne Casey" is hardly original, but it was the best I could come up with for a cowgirl.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Because of the cowgirl appearance, I just have to sing Psycho Mom! Psycho mom! Psyco mooom! whenever I see this fig. The one mom Warhead can't conquer.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

*watches* Bwahahahaha

I thought PsychoMom would be the one Warhead had the most fun with. You know what they say about crazy ones and great sex... :twisted:

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:34 am

So instead of making a new thread with pretty much exactly the same title, I've decided to muscle in on this one. Ohai, pkbrennan, sharesomemorespaceplskthx.

First, please see Far-Ums.

I've been tossing the idea of making my SigFig a Farcaster to match, like in a fictional equivalent way, my Human "Character." I was pretty heavily inspired for the idea by Hitchhiker's Guide. And I tried to make them the most BrikWarsy thing about the Far-Ums concept. I thought about keeping my avatar, a picture of the Street Shaman from my Road Rangers, as a rep of my SigFig since Semaj told me it looked very sage like. It does, thats what I was going for. I'm unsure though, since he's already a character. Thoughts?

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:02 am

:rule7: We shall see... :p

Nice write up so far...

lorbaat
Minifig

Post by lorbaat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:37 am

The Far-Ums are cool and all, but shouldn't your sigfig be a writer for the Wikikers Guide the the Brikverse or something?

I always liked that figure because he DOES look wise. The Wiki Scribe tag furthers that. I say run with it.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks, pk, lorbaat.

I can do that. I imagined the Far-Ums to be all encompassing in that respect. I can easily imagine Farcasters taking on multiple narrative roles in entertainment. So why not be a writer for the Wikiker's Guide. Give him another reason to travel about. I'll add that in just in case.