Escalation

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Escalation

Post by Zahru II » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:28 pm

As the ground has yet to soak up all blood that had been spilled, Isabella returns to the Portal Fortress and reports to Pizzaro.

PDO: 'So, let me get this straight... you have lost an entire scouting force because you felt like you should intercept a skirmish between the natives?'
Isabella: 'More or less, yeah.'

Isabella: 'These savages are just as cunning and resilient as the ones encountered on the other continent. The greenskins got utterly annihilated, although they seemed to have the upper hand until I've intervened, haha.'

PDO: '... and why in the blazes would you do such a thing? We haven't found any caches of ebonite ever since; right now Barthelomeo is busy scouring these lands for new veins! We cannot just threw away soldiers like that yet! Not to mention that now the locals know our presence!'

Isabella: 'That may be so, but it is only the Imperials dear Pizarro. The greenskins expect nothing, and they have suffered heavy losses from both us and the locals. Seeing the fervor they were fighting against their hated enemy, I believe they might be still useful for us.
PDO: 'An alliance with such lowly creatures?'
Isabella: 'Nay, you should know better that we Falx don't ally with such filth. I'm thinking of using them. As thralls, a slave race! Expendable in numbers, with better knowledge over the land. They could be used both as meat shield AND labor to carve us more ebonite. What do you think, Torque?'

Torquemada: 'I must admit that your action was foolish, Isabella. However, your proposition is sound. I'll reach out to Barthelomeo and instruct him to find the staging ground of the remainder of these wretched creatures. In the meanwhile, I shall devise a plan to subjugate these brutes. Pizarro, request for more troops and ready them so that I can join up with Barthelomeo soon.
Isabella: 'Hahaha, isn't this exciting? It's like killing two birds with one stone!'
PDO: 'It reminds me of my campaign on Cytra. We used the local militia to storm the capital city. All of them died by the hands of the guards who have sworn to protect them. It was a glorious day indeed.'
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Zahru II

Re: Escalation

Post by Zahru II » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Meanwhile, Apollyon and Jean-Francois report to King Mondaine Magnus, back at capital city:

Mondaine: 'Gentlemen, I know that you were both in a tough situation, but you have managed to turn the battle into our favor, all while keeping Albrecht safe. I thank you for that. I know that he is brash, but he will learn his lesson soon: no matter how good a commander's intent is, the uttermost concern should be winning the battle with losing as few good men as possible.'

Mondaine: 'However, the news of these warriors clad in red and black concern me. I have yet to encounter any force in such colors, not even in historical records. From the description you have given, they are clearly not Drakhirri, nor Norsemen. Besides, Lady Liana and Gillaume are taking care of the situation up North. But they certainly have similar technology to our engineer's. Could they have come from the sea? Jean-Francois, I want you to set foot and investigate our borders, maybe you will find an outpost or any other sign where these invaders came from.'
Jean-Francois: 'Oui, mon roi. I'm on my way!'
Mondaine: 'As for you Apollyon... I want to stay alert and be ready to intercept any future assaults. Even though it is highly unlikely that the orkish hordes will attack anytime soon, I feel uneasy that unknown warriors roam across the Empire. Go to Defiance Keep, as you can reach almost anywhere form there with ease. I shall assign Albrecht by your side: maybe he will learn a bit under your command.'
Apollyon: 'As you wish, my King. I shall rally the knights.'

Later, King Mondaine summons Majisto:

Majisto: 'You have called Mondaine, and here I am.'
Mondaine: 'Glad to see you as always, Majisto. As you may have already heard, we have unexpected visitors in the Empire. I wanted to ask: Have you felt anything amiss lately in the winds of magik?'

Majisto: 'There is certainly a strong interference in the tapestries of magik as of late. It appears that some rather powerful will-users have manifested on Northeros. However, their nature of magik is not of Majistik origin. And it is definitely not necromancy. It's too... blurry. I cannot pinpoint an exact location of its source.'
Mondaine: 'This does not bode well. I have dispatched Jean-Francois already to find the foothold of these outlanders, but I want you to scour the lands as well. Even if you cannot tell their exact location, checking the area in question might reveal their location.'

Majisto: 'A sound plan indeed. I shall go and call for Gallikronn. Together, we can cover more ground.'
Mondaine: 'Fare well, great Majistik! I wish you safe travels.'

As Mondaine sits back to his throne, he cannot help but feel that even though their old enemies have been defeated, restoring the Empire to its former glory will take longer than he expected it to be.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Aw shieet.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 am

I like how there's some form of equality between the Falx commanders. And Isabella is right, Falx soldiers are wholly expendable. I can see this plan of trying to control the orcs turn out poorly for them though, they haven't exactly made a great start at befriending them.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?