Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: Which one?

Post by samuelzz10 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:24 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:I just use the highest possible you can get on the die when rolling armor and add +1d6 or so to all weapons
:why:
unneeded rolls are unneeded.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:...and add +1d6 or so to all weapons
I'd be more curious why in the world you do this? If minifig armor is 4, a regular hand weapon that does damage has a 33% chance of killing the target (assuming no parries). Hand weapons that deal 2d6! damage increase the likelihood to 83%. That's not even considering Heavy, Two-handed, and larger weapons. Percentages moving in that direction actually make rolling for damage itself unnecessary! You should just speed up your games even more and say that all successful skill rolls = deathblows...
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 am

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:...and add +1d6 or so to all weapons
I'd be more curious why in the world you do this? If minifig armor is 4, a regular hand weapon that does damage has a 33% chance of killing the target (assuming no parries). Hand weapons that deal 2d6! damage increase the likelihood to 83%. That's not even considering Heavy, Two-handed, and larger weapons. Percentages moving in that direction actually make rolling for damage itself unnecessary! You should just speed up your games even more and say that all successful skill rolls = deathblows...
my good sir, I probably don't even play brikwars! UR? Waste of time. Armor rolls? Just roll attack. Normal minifig? Pimp him out with armor, and he's cool. In a battle where normal minifigs outnumber special ones, (most games have 10 on each side) we use normal guns, but any other game, +1d6 does it nuff said.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 am

What ever floats your boat/tickles your prostate, but that is kind of going to be an issue when you play a game with other brikwarriors.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Yeah I think you might still not understand that you're rolling waaaay more dice than you need to. Bigger numbers =/= more fun.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:05 am

Indeed. Over-complication is distracting. You're too busy rolling dice and doing maths that you forget to actually have fun playing a game.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.