BrikWiki

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: BrikWiki

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm

That's why I mentioned it here instead of just changing it - in case silverdream wanted a deliberate spelling mistake as an in-joke. One never knows around here... :wink:
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Tzan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm

pkbrennan wrote:Re: Silverdream's page - "uncomprehensible" should be "incomprehensible" - it's one of those weird words where the prefix should be "in" and not "un"

So you're saying that the incorrect use of incomprehensible is uncomprehensible to you?
Regarding Silvadream its working as intended and not unpossible.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 pm

And now for something completely different...

I went ahead and tried something new with Teknology. I think it strikes the right balance I mentioned earlier in this thread. All the generic shit is glossed over, all the BrikWars stuff is given precedence. However, its totally expandable, in case...I don't know...Trains becomes a fad or something (which I'd be actually pretty psyched about). Feels like a nicer presentation. Please enjoy.

I've only done top level work and some redirects. I still have to fill out some entries and, of course, add the galleries.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Sweet, really sweet.

As for the redlinked Awesome, I think we should have Awesome as a kind of power level determined by how much death and destruction something can deal out in relation to its size and construction. I will let you chew that one over...
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 pm

I agree, its a good idea. I already redirected it to Basic Understanding, though, which has been a great place for general terms, a BrikWars glossary.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Tanks.

Conceptually, I've cleaned it up some. And I added in a new category.

This will likely be the general format I put Space Vehicles and Machines in.

Once I do the Space stuff, aside from further refinement and expansion, Teknology is a done deal as far as I'm concerned. Everything worth porting is ported and we can then focus on creating new content in that category.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Falk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 am

As to the SHDT's, make the category Super Death Tanks and then split it into SDT's, SHeDT's, SHoDT's and SHe/HoDT's. The Orpheus picture is outdated, The TTSJ tank is a Heavy Tank I think and both my Prometheus SHoDT and fredde's SHoDT are missing. I have a rehaul of the Prometheus done that I will be posting soon, so you might want to wait for that to add pics of it. Otherwise, good work!
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Bragallot » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:53 am

I can't believe the Assyrian page was still unwritten. :ftfy: I'm also adding Natalya's template and pictures of the assembled forces (if they exist) to the 'armed forces' category of existing factions. The pages don't need to be picture-spammed, but a picture depicting the assembled forces might actually make someone want to read on like Bonn-o-Tron.

I'm a bit daunted by the amount of work, though, so I'm probably going to start working on this more systematically (page by page).

Btw, can we create templates? I've been trying to create a template like the one for factions for planets. Information would include Name, Picture, Type, Location, Size, Resources, Controlled by, Inhabitants. The written text next to it would be mostly a short introduction of the planet and it's history. I tried using Natalya's faction template as a base to create one but that doesn't seem to work. Is it one of those things only administrators can do?

Either way, I've created some sort of template for planets: http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=New_Prussia

I'm also proficient in creating character pages now :all: http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... el_Montero

:phil: Now, how to do battle pages...
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Falk wrote:As to the SHDT's (...)

It's a thought. Initially, I didn't because "SDT" was a label you could slap on any tank meaning, "bigger and nastier." But as we add super tanks, that may be the right way to go about it. Keep them all under the SDT header but separate them out like I did with Battle Tanks and some of the others. Either way has its merits, though. Since the focus of the category is "super," the type of tank is the less important of the descriptive terms. We already know what a hover tank is by this point, for example, because it has its own category. Left as it is, it becomes much more important to label the tanks correctly, however.

Falk wrote: The Orpheus picture is outdated, The TTSJ tank is a Heavy Tank I think and both my Prometheus SHoDT and fredde's SHoDT are missing. I have a rehaul of the Prometheus done that I will be posting soon, so you might want to wait for that to add pics of it. Otherwise, good work!

I just grabbed the pictures straight from the old wiki. I figured we'd sort that out later during refinement. Sorry, I didn't intentionally leave your stuff out and I'll be happy to put it up when you've done the overhaul. Guide me to fredde's? The only one I added from the forums so far is the medivo tank. Somewhere, someone has a two legged walker with a stupid big gun that couldn't balance...I wanted to add that to the Bipedal because its a better representation than what's up there now. Also, I waffled over that TTSJ tank. It was labeled super but sure as hell didn't look super. In the end, I erred on the literal side. I've moved it now. And thank you.

Brag...goddamn, man. You're like our resident historian. So much good there. Assembled shots of armed forces is a fantastic idea. Looking to Natalya's picture, I sure as hell find that inspiring.

Bragallot wrote:Btw, can we create templates? I've been trying to create a template like the one for factions for planets

I like this a lot. User rights doesn't say anything about templates but I don't know how. I like the idea of it being sidebarred like the character/player/faction template. Gives a cleaner look and ties it in with the rest of the wiki.

Bragallot wrote: Now, how to do battle pages...

I don't know but I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Maybe a sidebar template would work for that as well with the Rekon it took place in, the factions and forces involved, maybe the tek level of the conflict, where it took place (dimension, galaxy, system, planet, location). Then maybe the first section of text could be the overview of the battle and another section could describe major events with a final section detailing how the conflict ended.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Falk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Tigershark (fredde) viewtopic.php?t=7697
Orpheus MKII (The Shadowscythe) viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3835&start=390#p222392
Prometheus MKIII (me)
Spoiler: show

The giant walker withe big guns is in the 2010 rulebook somewhere.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10011&start=15#p228349 my walker, you can put that in the walker section if you want to.

I have a question, how do you get the index thingys in the wiki pages? Do they appear by themselves? Or is there some code or something for them?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks, Falk, I'll get those up soon.

The contents table at the top of each page? Thats done with headers. The wiki automatically indexes them for you. This is how you'd do that (very simple, like an outline):

==Top Header==
===Lv3 Header===
====Lv 4Header====
=====Lv 5 Header=====

The text will get smaller (I think four or five matches a the size of a bolded word) with each level. Level 2s will include the horizontal line underneath automatically. Far as I know, the wiki will only pay attention to the levels you actually use in relation to one another. So:

==Top==
===First thing about top===
===Second thing about top===

And

==Top==
====First thing about top====
====Second thing about top====

Will both appear as:

1. Top
1.1 First thing about top
1.2 Second thing about top.

Then, if you add another level of header:

==Top==
====First====
====Second====
=====First thing about second=====

you get:

1. Top
1.1 First
1.2 Second
1.2.1 First thing about second.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Falk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Ah, thanks.

EDIT: What I wrote into the Tank wiki page
Super Death Tanks, or SDTs, are the most potent singular engagement combat vehicles in the BrikVerse. Armed with a staggering array of weaponry, from light automatics all the way up to the most massive earthshaking ordnance, and armored with plating the likes of which some [[starships]] never see, SDTs are the premiere death dealers on any battlefield they grace.

While SDTs like the Assyrian Vanquisher or Trattorian SDT, some wish for more weaponry or manuverability, and so new types of tanks were created, like the Super Heavy Death Tank (SHeDT), of which the Briktopian Vindicator is a great example, the Super Hover Death Tank (SHoDT) such as the AN Tigershark. But even that didn't satisfy some and so they made the mightiest of SDT to cause mayhem and chaos across battlefields: the Super Heavy Hover Death Tank (SHe/HoDT). Sadly, the only example of this type of tank is only represented by the Prometheus MKIII.

I didn't make any new sub thingys but I could if it would look better and be easier to navigate.

Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Looks good. You can if you really want to but it seems like extra work at this point. Up to you.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Colette » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 am

I would just like to mention my battle Operation Silver Bullet, the only time two SDTs ever saw action against each other.

Just wanted to bring it up while we were on the subject.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Bragallot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 am

:protip: If you want something to be on the Wiki :diy:

No one's stopping you. In fact, it's encouraged, even.

I've made a battle page, might need a new category for it though. Unless we are going to put them under history and chronology. http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... astercutor
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion