Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:17 pm

This is absolutely how magick works.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Falk » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 pm

If I have a wizard who's cliché is lightning spells, and his dice pool is 1d6, 2d8 and 2d12. He wants to cast an arc of electrik bolts, using 1d8 for skill, 1d6 for range, 1d8 for the arc and 2d12 for the damage. I roll a 5 on his skill, sufficient enough to make the spell work. His targets are a fig in full armor and one in light armor. I roll a 6 on the d8, and a 9 and 3 on the d12s. So does the damage from the d8 and the d12s bypass the armored, or just the d12s. I'm assuming that the d8 counts as damage but correct me if I'm wrong.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:10 pm

First, your wizard would be rolling their normal skill AND the d8 skill, and taking whichever of the two rolls you prefer. Remember also that you don't need to "make" a specific skill roll to cast a spell, that's only if you're modifying a pre-existing weapon attack to add all this damage/range.

D8s used to extend range are not required to add the extra arc, but ones dealing damage would. Assuming you're using it to deal damage, the total UNARMORED damage comes out to (weapon)+1d8+1d12 damage. Assuming you're just using something that deals d6s in damage, only the d12 punctures the armor. If you're using a shotgun or other blastgun however, you can get 1d8+1d12 to punch through as well! Also keep in mind that you're suffering a -1 to damage for every inch the target is away.
IVhorseman

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 am

IVhorseman wrote:This is absolutely how magick works.

Hah! Sarcasm!
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm not even kidding! I think the supernatural dice have far more interesting applications when they're attached to weapons and vehicles as opposed to just heroes. Got some extra nuclear generator bits on your death copter? Just give it 1d10 SN dice for each one and it could use them for movement or increased damage output or whatever.The best part is that when they blow up, they've already got 1d10 SN dice to explode with!
IVhorseman

Postby Falk » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Do SN dice use Weapon size"? Because if they don't, they would be the perfect shields for vehicles.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Well they're not weapons, so no? Keep in mind that if you roll a 1 they'll get fumbled though, and the shield will be significantly less powerful (+1d10 to defense becomes +1d10 to taken damage, for example) as the SN dice cancel each other out.
IVhorseman

Previous

Return to The Rulebook