The Gate and the Key

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

The Gate and the Key

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 am

"Good evening and welcome to Galaktic Media News!"

"Our top story: Brittanian planet Wraysford has been taken over by BrikThulhian cultists."

"As we speak they enact horrific rituals to bring forth the spawn of their dark god."

"With us tonight is Lavinia Davis, leader of the BrikThulhu cult. Miss Davis, you are now the de facto ruler of Wraysford, is that correct?"

"Great BrikThulhu is our one true master, but, yes."

"Over a night you've gone from commanding an undercover cult to controlling an entire planet... what's the secret behind your sudden success?"

"Well, I have to say it was the timely invasion by the Pwnies that made this possible. They threw the armed forces into disarray, so me and my cultists took the chance and... look at us now!"

"Amazi - "

*zap*

" - Rainbow Transparent, the new hit drug on the Trattorian markets, giving high kicks of emotion to a previously repressed and bored people. Scientists have found what appears to be traces of horse meat inside the crystals, but Space Mafia Godfather Scratch denies all such rumors - "

"Yes... the Pwnies are the gate... the pwnies are the key and the guardians of the gate..."

"And we will teach the minifigs new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves!"

Scratch
Reihawk

Re: The Gate and the Key

Post by Scratch » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 am

This is awesome, connecting all the loose plotlines that were flailing like Brikthulu's tentacles.

"All allegations of contamination are complete horsemeat, I mean shit, SHIT."
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 am

Goddamnit Arkbrik, you're a genius.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 am

" - Rainbow Transparent, the new hit drug on the Trattorian markets, giving high kicks of emotion to a previously repressed and bored people. Scientists have found what appears to be traces of horse meat inside the crystals, but Space Mafia Godfather Scratch denies all such rumors - "
Bloody genius.

This gives me an idea for my SHIP. You know those little 2" photo frame keyfobs you can get? Imagine rigging one of those up as a working screen inside a SHIP or a room, or something. Just load it up with a sequence of small square Lego photos, and off you go...
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm

pluspoints.

Would agree that the brikverses' various current story-lines didn't really seem to add up or have a reason for existing. But, this convenient conspiracy does seem to tie them all together pretty nicely.

In particular, it would make the non-friendship spreading pwnies worth fighting some sort of war over anyway. At least in the case of trattoria. How the other starnations might react to the introduction of penis-drugs is questionable.

Also, for what mini-figs see while under the influence, reference the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Very nice Arkbrik. Very nice.
piltogg wrote:Also, for what mini-figs see while under the influence, reference the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I
:lol:

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:42 am

piltogg wrote:Also, for what mini-figs see while under the influence, reference the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I
Well, that's just one of the best things I've ever seen.