Batman.

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Batman.

Post by Bluefog » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:06 am

So obviously a great deal of fudging would be in order, but, does anyone have any suggestions for Lego Batman? I have recently got my hands on the "snow schemed batman" (white cape and cowl) and a jet pack Batman. Have only played one game with them, and I actually let a friend use him (snow scheme one) and just played him as a standard minifig since we already selected heroes and were just filling space... but yeah, I killed Batman, he went down really easy, lol, just seemed unBatmanlike.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: Batman.

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 am

I've been playing around with the idea of doing a superhero battle. Will use SuperNatural Dice. They offer the best range of options and you can get creative with them for the rest.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 am

Sorry, I'm still quite new to Brikwars... supernatural dice would be? I also I have made a custom Jonah Hex and have got Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Master sphincter. I'm gonna have to fudge up some rules for them as well. Sorry for my incredible amount of n00bness. I figured I'd just jump into it, but I'll admit there is a lot that I don't quite get yet, but I'm completely obsessed with BrikWars at the moment, having a shit loads of fun with it... so far, what I understand at least.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 am

There is a whole section which covers supernatural abilities which use supernatural dice in the upcoming 2010 version of the rulebook. Of course most of the forum members have special awesome VIP access codes to this new rulebook even though it's not finished yet.
Now back on topic about batman. I think batman shouldn't have any supernatural abilities at all as he obviously hasn't any at all. He should just have awesome expensive gear.
Unless of course his supernatural ability is that he is supernaturally rich which would mean all his powers would have to fall in his supernaturally rich cliché allowing him to just whip out all kinds of awesome gadgets. Examples: 1d8 of grapplehook movement, 1d10 smoke bombs/ real bombs, 1d8 range and 1d6 dmg batarang, 1d12 gliding motion, 1d10 EMP device etc. The options are limitless!!!
Yeah now that I think about it supernatural dice would totally work with batman.

PS: His cliche would of course be called '1% superhero cliche'.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Batman's superpower is that he's always got the EXACTLY RIGHT piece of equipment for THIS PRECISE SITUATION. Falling off a building? Grappling hook. However, the stipulations would be that 6) it can't kill anyone and 7) it's gotta be bat-themed. I'd just give him TWO supernatural dice, like a d6 and a d8, along with 1d8 skill. I suppose Batman's a good candidate for 1d10 armor

Here's a batman-specific crash course in brikwars superpowers: Batman has a d8 and a d6 held in reserve as his "superpowers." whenever you need him to have something, just make something up and use the two dice as the variables you need. You could, for instance, make a field of bat-caltrops 1d8" in diameter, that does 1d6 damage to anyone who steps into them. For as long as that field existed, Batman would be unable to access his dice. If Batman preferred to hold onto his dice, he could instead use them to boost himself with his own super bat-speed of running another 1d6" because he's The Goddamn Batman. His 1d6 supernatural die would be ready again to enhance something else. You could even use the d8 or d6 to re-roll (but not add to) a skill roll!

For the Ninjago Turtles, you could easily apply a supernatural die to all of them and use it explicitly for kung-fu. I think you might already have some ideas by now for examples,so I'll let you just go with it.

If you're combining a supernatural die into an action (or leaving them out for an extended period) you'll also have to suffer a -1 distraction to skill rolls until they're returned to you (at the beginning of your next turn). If you need point or fire an ability at a specific spot, that also requires an action. Otherwise, however you're thinking it in your head is probably correct.

Timedude
Snackist
Snackist

Post by Timedude » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:38 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Of course most of the forum members have special awesome VIP access codes to this new rulebook even though it's not finished yet.
READ: URL jiggerypokery.
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 pm

here are some bat stats:
BATMAN
Skill: 1d4
Move: 3"
Armor: 1d4+1
Special:
ALFRED! HELP!: Alfred has double all of Bruce's stats and it allows him to protect batman, and as a free action he can redshirt batman from anywhere on the field.

EDIT: 666th post!
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:30 am

:protip:
It's not Batman.

It's Shatman.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:21 pm

I would just make him a hero with the cliche "Utility Belt," and give him the ability to work alongside DC heroes, but takes a double penalty around Marvel heroes.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Gungnir wrote:I would just make him a hero with the cliche "Utility Belt," and give him the ability to work alongside DC heroes, but takes a double penalty around Marvel heroes.
That's sort of what I was thinking. What about batarangs? If I throw one, since Batman never seems to run out, would I just magically have another one?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 pm

sure

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:33 pm

He always has everything he needs.

An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Bluefog wrote:What about batarangs? If I throw one, since Batman never seems to run out, would I just magically have another one?
Yeah, basically. Throwing knives, javelins, shuriken, etc. are all considered ranged weapons, so a batarang would as well.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na, Bat-stat-card!

Last edited by Kirillyos on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:55 pm

You forgot the almighty bat-credit card.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k