Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Re: BrikWiki

Postby lorbaat » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm

So it's essentially McGuffinite.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby stubby » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:45 pm

In that case sugaradite isn't bad. I like the idea of sugar-fueled mayhem.

The counterfeit version is suckeradite.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:55 pm

It's a joke that works so we have a winner.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Colette » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:58 pm

I edited the bozons article so now my bosons and stubby's bozons can coexist. The idea is that the established physicists reject bozons as they believe they already have their Theory of Everything, but various mad scientists still try anyway. The mad spacemen hope one day to discover a bozon and have the last laugh with regards to the serious-business physicists.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby The Shadowscythe » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Colette wrote:I edited the bozons article so now my bosons and stubby's bozons can coexist. The idea is that the established physicists reject bozons as they believe they already have their Theory of Everything, but various mad scientists still try anyway. The mad spacemen hope one day to discover a bozon and have the last laugh with regards to the serious-business physicists.

"Yeah, because one of those days I will, like, totally find the bozon, and then those phizzisists will like, totally shower me in bitches and shit"

Said no real world scientist ever.

Brikwars, I fukken love it. :wtc: :studgod:

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Colette » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:46 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:
Colette wrote:I edited the bozons article so now my bosons and stubby's bozons can coexist. The idea is that the established physicists reject bozons as they believe they already have their Theory of Everything, but various mad scientists still try anyway. The mad spacemen hope one day to discover a bozon and have the last laugh with regards to the serious-business physicists.

"Yeah, because one of those days I will, like, totally find the bozon, and then those phizzisists will like, totally shower me in bitches and shit"

Said no real world scientist ever.

Brikwars, I fukken love it. :wtc: :studgod:

Added the quote to the bozons page.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Righty Roo, I finally sorted through that godawful mess having to do with starships spread sometimes redundantly and sometimes contradictorily across 4 bloody pages of the old wiki. Honestly, some of those classifications made no sense. I consolidated, tried to simplify, and hocus pocused a new set. You can find it in the Space Vehicles and Machinesarticle.

I still have to put in the pictures, as with the Tankarticle, and drop in entries for space stations and space suits and whatever else I think of between now and then.

When done, Teknology will, I believe, be absolutely current.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:58 pm

The Bozon and Farce articles made me laugh out loud, guys. A lot. I like puns. I particularly enjoyed "DarkTron Lords dress entirely in black and wear masks or opaque visors, because victims find the lack of face disturbing." I like the whole SnarkSide pun. I also enjoyed the bit in the bozon article about physiks trolling scientists.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Scratch » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:08 am

For each Ship class, it would be a good idea to have a thumbnail sized picture, if available, next to it. This would be for comparison purposes, and give the page some color.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:I still have to put in the pictures, as with the Tankarticle (...)
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 am

Anyway, speaking of which, how would you class your new Ship? Because that Swoosh Swoosh Mother Fuckers picture is 100% the first picture I put up.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Scratch » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 am

%100 percent carrier.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Pwnerade » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:Anyway, speaking of which, how would you class your new Ship? Because that Swoosh Swoosh Mother Fuckers picture is 100% the first picture I put up.

That picture should be used in an article about Swooshability.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby stubby » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:Righty Roo, I finally sorted through that godawful mess having to do with starships spread sometimes redundantly and sometimes contradictorily across 4 bloody pages of the old wiki. Honestly, some of those classifications made no sense. I consolidated, tried to simplify, and hocus pocused a new set. You can find it in the Space Vehicles and Machinesarticle.

You thought that was bad, you should have seen the threads that spawned them. (I think Benny deleted them all since then). Months of arguing back and forth in the forum and chatrooms. We eventually concluded that trying for a consistent set of classifications was futile and served no purpose in the first place other than as an excuse for flame wars.

Or, the other conclusion was that classifications depended a lot more on a ship's tactical role than on the ship itself. Depending on the tactical situation, the same ship might serve the functions of a destroyer in one battle, a corvette in another, and a mainline frigate in a third, without any changes to its structure or loadout.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:36 am

I relied a lot on real world nautical lore. Specifically the romantic Age of Sail, although I made quite a few modern considerations. So, during that research, I discovered that the Royal Navy, for example, classified ships according to crew compliment. Due to mismatched scales, player interpretations and differing representations of various elements, and so on, statistics just won't work. I can see that's where the original arguments must've lead and I, too, decided to stick with narrative. Better anyway when designing fiction for a game. Allows player the creative freedom to do as they wish without getting bogged down in stupid numbers. Players who want to play maths can throw that stuff in their own faction's article.

So, now I've consolidated everyone's ideas and glued it together with some of my own and nailed it all down with some real world references. It should happily serve as a guideline without stepping on anyone's creative toes. Gives us some organizational structure there on the wiki as well, allowing primarily for the posting of pictures, but also to give players a place to start when thinking about space. I like that bit about a ship's role being based on the tactical situation. There was a whole lot of blurriness in the nautical nomenclature anyway.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion