The Beginning of the End

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

pkbrennan
Minifig

Re: The Beginning of the End

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:11 pm

You'd disagree with anything I said, even if you'd usually agree with it. Am I bothered?

No.

I was just offering a possible way of shoehorning in a DSM story arc without effecting major changes on factions and stuff that some might not want changed. You can take it or leave it, whatever.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah, well my opinion is better than yours. I am the great and powerful Silver, and the best part of you was on your Mom's thigh.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:36 pm

I think you will find that the best part of me was on your mum's thigh, last week...

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 pm

the FBI died of AIDS. Hope you had fun with a diseased zombie.
Image lol j/k

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm British. We're kind of kinky like that. Get over it.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

pkbrennan wrote:Remember that rekonstruktions can work like parallel universes in a way, so what you do to X faction in your rekonstrucktion will not necessarily effect the rekonstruktion of the owner of the faction in question, nor, indeed, the faction itself.
But the fun part is that even though they could be parallel universes, you never really know for sure. Maaaaaybe they're different universes. Maybe they're from different points on the same universe's timeline. Maybe they're mashed-up elements from multiple reconstruktions of the same universe. Maybe it's all a dream, or an aborted alternate timeline, or a hoax perpetuated by evil twins from the Nega-Nega-verse.

I think the best way to look at it is like 1980s soap operas. The true version of events is whatever best serves the story at any given moment.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

AokDSM
Nice Dubs

Post by AokDSM » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:28 pm

stubby wrote:
pkbrennan wrote:Remember that rekonstruktions can work like parallel universes in a way, so what you do to X faction in your rekonstrucktion will not necessarily effect the rekonstruktion of the owner of the faction in question, nor, indeed, the faction itself.
But the fun part is that even though they could be parallel universes, you never really know for sure. Maaaaaybe they're different universes. Maybe they're from different points on the same universe's timeline. Maybe they're mashed-up elements from multiple reconstruktions of the same universe. Maybe it's all a dream, or an aborted alternate timeline, or a hoax perpetuated by evil twins from the Nega-Nega-verse.

I think the best way to look at it is like 1980s soap operas. The true version of events is whatever best serves the story at any given moment.
You know, one thing I've always wondered...
Are parallel universes based off of a single point, or are they based off of individual parallel universes?
Example: There are two PU(parallel universes). One has Silvadream as the nicest guy on earth,(PUA) and the other has one where Silvadream was never born. (PUB). Do PUA and PUB both have their own set of parallel universes?(Aka, PUA has a universe where Silvadream is a pile of sludge, another one where the Hill crushed him, etc, and PUB has PU's where Silvadream was born, but died immediately because his mom deemed him to ugly to live... etc.). Basically what I'm saying, is is there a "set" of PU's, and each individual PU has its OWN "set?" And then you combine this with Rekonstruktions and it just blows your mind with the Infinity to the Power of Infinity.

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:30 pm

AokDSM wrote:
stubby wrote:

You know, one thing I've always wondered...
Are parallel universes based off of a single point, or are they based off of individual parallel universes?
Example: There are two PU(parallel universes). One has Silvadream as the nicest guy on earth,(PUA) and the other has one where Silvadream was never born. (PUB). Do PUA and PUB both have their own set of parallel universes?(Aka, PUA has a universe where Silvadream is a pile of sludge, another one where the Hill crushed him, etc, and PUB has PU's where Silvadream was born, but died immediately because his mom deemed him to ugly to live... etc.). Basically what I'm saying, is is there a "set" of PU's, and each individual PU has its OWN "set?" And then you combine this with Rekonstruktions and it just blows your mind with the Infinity to the Power of Infinity.
It could be all of the above. Or none. You choose. :P

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:43 pm

pkbrennan wrote:I'm British. We're kind of kinky like that. Get over it.
I'm a United Empire Loyalist. Check your privilege. :bitch:
Image lol j/k

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:58 pm

I actually think the Americans were perfectly right to revolt against King George, but then, I am an English Anti-Monarchist (a very rare breed indeed). So as far as I am concerned your ancestors were on the wrong side.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm

AokDSM wrote:You know, one thing I've always wondered...
Whatever serves your story. If it's not interesting enough that somebody makes a story out of it, it doesn't exist. Everything else is fair game.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:56 pm

pkbrennan wrote:I am a traitor and hate the queen.
Off with your head.
Image lol j/k

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 pm

Silverdream wrote:Give the poor sod some head.
That would be nice, but not from you thanks...

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:44 pm

stubby wrote:The true version of events is whatever best serves the story at any given moment.
This. Always this.

Collaboration often, not always, but often, increases the awesomeness therein. It's worth taking a look at, anyway, in the interest of building a better story.

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:17 pm

I would agree with QuantumSurfer, but then, I would anyhow. The point is the best solution is the one that increases the fun for everyone, inc parallel universes/rekonstruktions, shoehorning, :fudge: , and all of the aforementioned methods in previous posts.