The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Why not? I'm pretty sure at least three of us still live in BC with vast armies of lego.

I'm thinking that the best place to meet would be Vancouver. I can transit there in about an hour, Moronstudios can drive to a ferry and ferry there. Zipps can walk there.

I think a good time for this would be during summer, but I'm free most days when I don't have schooling. I can bring a decent sized army with a few vehicles.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7993
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Moronstudios » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Interesting proposal, I will certainly need to think about this.
Summer would be a great choice, as I would not have university to worry about.
Transportation may be an issue, but Vancouver sounds like a good meeting place.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
User avatar
Moronstudios
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 am

You know, if it's in the summer, I might be down for this. I could get a buddy of mine in too, he's gotten into the game recently.
Image
User avatar
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:01 am
Location: Mangled, inside Audrey II

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Silverdream » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 am

:D
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7993
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Bluefog » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:00 am

I am also down for this. Although I am new, I make up for it with.. I dunno what, I just want to play.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
User avatar
Bluefog
Minifig
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am
Location: Over there.

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby terribletina » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:37 am

I'm not really that interested in meeting strangers from the internet in real life. Can anyone vouch that I won't be mugged and/or gang-raped?
User avatar
terribletina
Champion
Champion
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 am
Location: Trans-cougar (Vancouver)

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Cytheran » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 pm

terribletina wrote:I'm not really that interested in meeting strangers from the internet in real life. Can anyone vouch that I won't be mugged and/or gang-raped?


Muggings and gang rapings are just Silva's way of saying hi.
TROLOLO
Cytheran
Officer
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: Lego Rehab

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby terribletina » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Oh my.
User avatar
terribletina
Champion
Champion
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:28 am
Location: Trans-cougar (Vancouver)

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Bluefog » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:58 am

Soooo.... anyone given this any more thought? Summer quickly approaches (today was beautiful as fuck eh?) and I'd love to have a HUGE game. I, of course, due to not wanting to travel ask that we have it where I live, Silverdream knows where I live (don't really want it public info) but I have a friend who has a hobby store and giant Lego tubs to create terrain and whatnot, also many, many, many, base plates.Oh and also, my friend's store just happens to behind a giant candy store... so obviously we'd have plenty of fuel for battle. I suppose I'd be willing to travel in fairness if its totally out of other people's way, I'd also most likely be able to pick people up if they took a bus in to where I live... let's just say it's about an hour east of Vancouver. Anyway, we should all be giving this a lot of thought and pick a date, doesn't even matter when, with enough advanced notice I could take a day off work.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
User avatar
Bluefog
Minifig
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am
Location: Over there.

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Moronstudios » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:20 pm

Bluefog wrote:Soooo.... anyone given this any more thought? Summer quickly approaches (today was beautiful as fuck eh?) and I'd love to have a HUGE game.

I, of course, due to not wanting to travel ask that we have it where I live, Silverdream knows where I live (don't really want it public info) but I have a friend who has a hobby store and giant Lego tubs to create terrain and whatnot, also many, many, many, base plates. Oh and also, my friend's store just happens to behind a giant candy store... so obviously we'd have plenty of fuel for battle.

I suppose I'd be willing to travel in fairness if its totally out of other people's way, I'd also most likely be able to pick people up if they took a bus in to where I live... let's just say it's about an hour east of Vancouver. Anyway, we should all be giving this a lot of thought and pick a date, doesn't even matter when, with enough advanced notice I could take a day off work.


I've been excited for this, and been wondering when this might happen.
If we were to have it with you guys would we be able to bring our own stuff?
Anyone have suggestions for the date?

Edit:
An hour east of Vancouver may be problematic for transportation, as the ferry to the mainland is already takes hour and a half. Can you please give me a better idea about where this would be (By PM, as you don't want it public.).
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
User avatar
Moronstudios
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Silverdream » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 pm

Finals and Schooling will be totally over by the end of April. Depending on whether or not I can get a job, the entire month of May is open for me.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7993
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Bluefog » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:59 am

Moronstudios: Tried to PM you and couldn't? Dunno what that's about.

Silverdream: Let me know if you want to have a match, any day works, but I'd need at least a week to book off if it doesn't land on my days off. Wednesday or Thursday.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
User avatar
Bluefog
Minifig
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am
Location: Over there.

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Silverdream » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 am

Okay, well for now I'm really sick and have a lot of work to do. I should be available next week, but I'll look into specific days.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7993
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Moronstudios » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Bluefog wrote:Moronstudios: Tried to PM you and couldn't? Dunno what that's about.

That's very odd, let me check my settings.
I'll also try sending you a PM, which you could then reply to.

Edit:
Odd, It's set to allow private messages...
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
User avatar
Moronstudios
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: The Great Western Canadian Brikwar of 2013

Postby Bluefog » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Silverdream wrote:Okay, well for now I'm really sick and have a lot of work to do. I should be available next week, but I'll look into specific days.


Get well soon.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
User avatar
Bluefog
Minifig
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am
Location: Over there.

Next

Return to Battle Organization

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests