TIME TRAVEL

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

TIME TRAVEL

Post by samuelzz10 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:20 pm

(I am aware there is already a thread for this)
I was thinking of implementing a time travel system into brikwars that is very complex, but all you really have to do it just roll a d6. (note: anything over size 5 can't travel)
THE STEPS OF TIME TRAVEL:
You must have a mode of travel. They each use different d6s, (12 total) which means they all have different outcomes. they are:
The Delorean, or any car with a flux capacitor: You must go 15" in a straight line (well, no turning more than 25 degrees) for 2 turns and then you time travel.
Dice: dice 1,2,3,4
Police Box: To time travel, you must wait 3 turns and then you can time travel.
Dice: dice 5,6,7,8
Super natural "time travel" cliche: You simply buy as many d6 as you like and then you can use any dice you like. just roll for size of portal, and duration.
Professor Farnsworth time machine: Can only travel forwards in time, just roll a d10 and you reappear at the end of that
time travel watch: takes 2 turns to time travel.
Dice: dice 9,10,11,12
Time travel gun: takes 2 turns to charge, but can be used after that instantly.
Dice:2,4,6,8

The dice each do something different for each side, making a total of 72 different outcomes. you roll a D4 afterwards to determine which outcome you get.
Obviously, this is a huge undertaking. I will work on it on and off, but I would also like it if you guys helped out. A few rules: no game breaking, and no instant wins
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: TIME TRAVEL

Post by Silverdream » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 am

1. Velociraptors and other Dinosaurs emerge from the time machine
2. They slept too long and now the world has become infested with Candarian Demons, and the rivers run red with hot bubbling blood.
3. It's a hoax. Nothing happens.
4. The universe explodes, the time machine is able to restart the universe.
5. Americans melt the entire world, save for one Canadian Island. Two friends are forced to save the world with the help of Alexander Graham Bell.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 am

I understand nothing of samuelzz10's post, but from Silverdream's post I understand we are making a big random table. That's always fun!

6. The time travellers accidentally kill their own grandparents. They disappear from existence.
7. The time travellers return with their younger selves to kick some ass. If a younger self is killed then the corresponding older self will disappear.
8. Butterfly effect makes Germany win the war, or something like that. Randomly choose one side to be the winner. The rest are conquered and oppressed. Rearrange the units, terrain etc. to reflect this.
9. One time traveller finds love in the past and decides to stay there. 1d6 of their descendants plop into existence in the present.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am

10. The time travelers seduce the parents of the heroes, resulting in new heroes being created.
11. The Time Travelers never existed.
12. Both sides are now controlled by cruel Ape Officers or Apeficers.
13. Biff comes out of the time machine.
14. On the turn after the Time travelers come back, a random disease has appeared. Every minifig rolls 1d6 to survive, surviving on a 5-6. These survivors are immune to the virus and will continue to fight each other.
15. The time travelers know that they will die in a x in the distant future, so they are invincible. Feel free to replace x with a building on the field.
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:45 pm

16. The time travellers show their technology to people of the past. Technological advancement is sped up, giving everyone in the present super cool weapons and equipment.
17. A deal is made with mobsters in the future. They start sending people they want to disappear to the present, along with gold, future tech etc, one per turn. Someone must be assigned to execute them as they arrive. 1 in 6 chance that the executor's future self is sent back.
18. The time travellers find that the future is a post-Nuklear Option wasteland. They are horrified by the Anorakism that science has done and refuse to use anything more advanced than medieval tech.
19. The time machine is stolen by scoundrels in the past. The time travellers must be rescued by someone with another time machine. 1 in 6 chance every turn that the scoundrels raid the present.
20. The time travellers go back to the night before the battle, scout out the terrain, and pick the perfect position. Place them anywhere on the field; they have been hiding there the whole time.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Arkbrik wrote: 17. A deal is made with mobsters in the future. They start sending people they want to disappear to the present, along with gold, future tech etc, one per turn. Someone must be assigned to execute them as they arrive. 1 in 6 chance that the executor's future self is sent back.
Love that movie.
Silverdream wrote:1. Velociraptors and other Dinosaurs emerge from the time machine
2. They slept too long and now the world has become infested with Candarian Demons, and the rivers run red with hot bubbling blood.
3. It's a hoax. Nothing happens.
4. The universe explodes, the time machine is able to restart the universe.
5. Americans melt the entire world, save for one Canadian Island. Two friends are forced to save the world with the help of Alexander Graham Bell.
I can only use 3.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:34 am

Jump on the bandwagon time!

21: Go back in time and get immediately stepped on by a dinosaur that says "I am a Stegosaurus." Does not matter if dinosaur is actually a stegosaurus.
22: The time machine goes exactly where you want it to... only the time machine.
23: Time machine sends you to an alternate dimension where the only difference is what you had for lunch the day before.
24: Get sent to the time you want to go, but end up three hundred feet below sea level.
25: Cannot time travel, must first construct additional pylons.
26: Service is unavailable, please try time travelling again later.
27: Someone on the other side of the planet gets sent where you want to go.
28: Go where you want to go in time. Fall on a witch, and get forced to go on crazy adventure instead of clicking your heels together.
29: Time machine unleashes a horde of caveman dungans.
30: Oops, the time machine is actually a very elaborate looking bomb. It blows you up.

As a side note, this post is why you should never make lists right before going to sleep. You'll sound almost as stupid as I do right now.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:31 am

We need more good results, otherwise no one will want to time travel.

31. The time travellers catch Chrono-Impairement. Every turn there is a 1/2 chance that they will disappear to another time. There is also a 1/2 chance that one of their selves will appear from another time. These selves have the same chance to disappear. A Chrono-Impaired person can only be killed once, but can still appear from other times.
32. The time travellers do something right for once and clean up the timeline a bit. Undo one result caused by another time travel.
33. There is an epic war going on in the future. The time travellers get caught up in it. They come back with eyepatches, scars, bad hairdos, torn catsuits etc. and also raise their Skill by one die size.
34. The time travellers steal a piece of futuristic tech! Choose one: Flying car, jetpack, raygun, servant robot.
35. The time travellers start living life in reverse! They can only move backwards. If they successfully attack something it regains 1 SP. This can be used to bring dead people back to life. (Bullets fly out of the corpse and into the gun etc)

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:22 am

Fine, if we really need good results.

36: The time travelers bring back their future selves to help out.
37: Weapons from the future come to the time travellers.
38: The time machine unleashes a dragon that attacks everything.
39: Nothing important happens while they're in the past/future, but when the time travellers come back, they land on one of the enemies.
40: Change the past so the time travellers become hero units.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:18 pm

41. The time machine cannot send physical objects of any kind, only warnings of futures yet to be.

When the machine is used, it obliterates the timeline and cracks the multiverse wide open, causing the shadowscythe to become inspired and write tales of warfare and ever increasing violence for three years of his life. These stories have still not reached thier conclusion.

Time travel, it shits on your balls yo.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Time travel does nothing within the same timeline because the timeline already saw you in the past and everything you do is already history in the present.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:40 pm

I have one small question.

How does this have any sort of purpose in-game?
Do you mean time travelling to another battle? Because that's just a plot point, and using five thousand dice to get them to the battle rather than just sending them there is... really dumb.
Do you mean travelling to another battle that's happening simultaneously IRL? That's a little more understandable, but why do you need 72 results?
Do you mean travelling to another turn in the same battle? There's no point in doing that, because you'd might as well just leave the unit inactive for however long.

I'm not just making a point, I'm seriously asking what kind of effect this is supposed to have on the game. The way you're talking about it makes it seem completely useless and... well, a terrible idea.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 am

This is how I would use these rules:

Make a time machine. As many people as can fit inside can spend their Actions to go on a mission through time. Roll a big die on the random table to see what happens. If applicable, the time travellers come back instantly (they travelled back to the same second they left).

42. The time travellers go forward in time to when that big computer has finally figured out what the Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is. They discover exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here. It instantly disappears and is replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Make all units more bizarre and inexplicable. Change them completely, give them funny hats, turn them into sofas, whatever.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:48 am

Sofas? You can't expect those flolloping bastards to fight.
Image lol j/k

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:19 pm

aoffan23 wrote:I have one small question.

How does this have any sort of purpose in-game?
Do you mean time travelling to another battle? Because that's just a plot point, and using five thousand dice to get them to the battle rather than just sending them there is... really dumb.
Do you mean travelling to another battle that's happening simultaneously IRL? That's a little more understandable, but why do you need 72 results?
Do you mean travelling to another turn in the same battle? There's no point in doing that, because you'd might as well just leave the unit inactive for however long.

I'm not just making a point, I'm seriously asking what kind of effect this is supposed to have on the game. The way you're talking about it makes it seem completely useless and... well, I'm terrible idea.
The idea of a time machine is to be a random ball of monstrosities. anything that can will go wrong with a few exceptions, and the 72 is to make it as random and unpredictable as possible. there are some 12 option time travel supplements, but this is supposed to take out any hints of certainty, and make all who hath faith un-easy.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig