Midwest Brikwar 2014 (update Feb 20)

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Midwest Brikwar 2014 (update Feb 20)

Post by piltogg » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 pm

So, it has come to my attention that there are several people on this forum who live in the same general area, and could get to a brikwar with like under an hour of driving.

so um.. we should have a real-life brikwar.

I'm willing to host, or if people are feeling silly about security concerns, we might be able to have the game at a park with picnik tables and a gazebo, or perhaps at the Source (comics and games) which is a store near where I live that has open tables for any kind of gaming you want all the time.

From discussions in the chat, it sounds like this summer is a good time to have the game, and it will probably take place on some weekend in may or june.

I live in a northern suburb of the Twin Cities area, so if I'm hosting, that's where the game would be held.

Who all would be interested in attending such an event?

Also, since there's a span of several months until it would be taking place, this thread would be a good place to plan out some interesting objectives and maybe also do some colaborative building for the scenery and bases and such that the battle will take place on.
Last edited by piltogg on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scratch
Reihawk

Re: Midwest Brikwar 2013

Post by Scratch » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 pm

I am willing to attend a battle, and may possibly be able to round up some hooligans to play too. Summer is probably the best time to plan for with my schedule.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Currently, a suggested topic for the game is "vieing for the leadership of the third alliance"

As I will be playing, and Scratch (space-ittalians of some form) will also most likely be there. So that's a nifty plot-hook.

So right now, I'm thinking that an interesting objective would be that there is an Akkadian armored convoy moving through some area, and there is some sort of choke point in the center of the field. The Ittalian forces have set up an ambush inside that choke point.

Akkadian objectives: get as many supply crates as possible to the akkadian base on the other side of the field.

Ittalian objectives: capture as many supply crates as possible, and ship them off-planet. The crates contain information which can be used to blackmail the uberkaiser into stepping down from his position in the TA.

There will be 5 crates in total, and if either side acquires three of them, it will result in a victory.

Objectives for factions not yet known to be attending will be added in as people say they would like to join and also mention which army you plan on using and what their motive might be for being at the battle.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 pm

tenative field structure as follows:

key:

1. random building (TBD)
2. random building (TBD)
3. random building (TBD)
4. akkadian base of operations
5. akkadian controlled building
6. some sort of fixed teleportation device to send captured supply crates off planet.
7. large BURP mountain or volcano
8.forest 1
9. forest 2
10. baricades of some kind across the road
11.hill/wall/ittalian fortifications left side
12. hill/wall/ittallian fortifications right side.

Excepting numbers 11 and 12, no building should exceed one 32x32 baseplate in size.

I can for sure build numbers 4 and 5. and probably most other things. But that's all I will claim for now, so that other people can build stuff as well according to their parts availability.

roads will be made of white paper for ease. and grant +1 to movement speed unless you are crossing over an area that has been damaged for some reason.
Last edited by piltogg on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Also only having one set of objectives is boring, and there will probably be more objectives added in as more people sign up. Such as assasinating X hero, discovering the hidden location of X resource, or whatever else pops up as the story develops.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:26 pm

I might be willing to come, if you guys would want to travel a bit more, like say Eau Claire or something.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun May 05, 2013 12:42 pm

I could possibly attend, if I could convince my parents to let me go down to the cities for a day. I had also had an idea, as my army is now not a star-based empire and still on one planet, the planet that all this is taking place on could be mine, and my objective would be involved some way, either by repelling all of the alien people off of my planet, etc. But I'd still have to see if I could.

I could possibly build some of the TBA buildings as well.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue May 07, 2013 9:29 am

Sounds good :)

Anyway, I recently learned that I have been hired for an internship about 4 hours drive away in South Dakota.
So.. We can still do this, but it will require a bit more planning in advance and won't be as open of a schedule.
Probably it will need to take place on a weekend (preferably on a saturday) is what that translates to.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Maybe some time in July? I'd like to have a job for a month or so to get money which = being able to build up my army.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Wed May 08, 2013 10:33 pm

And I just got the okay for sometime in the summer. Now I just have to build up my army.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:28 am

Well, unfortunate that this didn't happen. Then again, I'm not done with my army either.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Yeah.. I got an internship I hadn't planned on getting into. So I'm in south Dakota now. We could either shoot for next summer, or possibly during winter break. I'll be back in the cities from Dec 20 till Jan 15. Obviously everyone has Manly Santa Day and new years shit going on then, but there' sprobably a time somewhere in there we could get a brikwar going.

I have a group of friends who I get to play brikwars with whenever I'm home, but it would be interesting to see some new faces if some forum member types can come along whenever we have that if we can get it planned.

I allways have a metric shit-ton of stuff built, so it wouldn't be too difficult to throw something together.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 pm

I mean shit.. there are a lot of us in the twin cities area....

You would think it would be pretty easy to get something going.

Aph 117
Scratch
Kalvinator
Jophy
Piltogg
Morganm

All live here. At least it appears that way as far as I know.

Plus I have maybe three other friends who play, but don't go on the forums.. so we could get a pretty big and awesome battle going if we can get all of our shit together. And if we wanted to make it really really big, there's like four more people from my highschool that I managed to convince to play of few battles. So there's a much larger presence of Brikwars players here than there is anywhere else I'm aware of.

So it's really just a matter of getting our shit together.

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Post by Scribonius » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:57 pm

piltogg wrote:I mean shit.. there are a lot of us in the twin cities area....

You would think it would be pretty easy to get something going.

Aph 117
Scratch
Kalvinator
Jophy
Piltogg
Morganm

All live here. At least it appears that way as far as I know.
Technically, I live in the Twin Cities too - Saint Paul, to be specific...

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:13 pm

If its next summer there is a chance that I can get out there with my ESF Empire
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway