My Army UPDATE: 5/13/13

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

FPSlover
Warrior King

Re: My Army

Post by FPSlover » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 am

Your army looks nice. keep it up and I can't wait to see more!

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Re: My Army

Post by Bluefog » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Post-Apocalyptic Themed Army. The year is 2089. A nuclear explosion has gone off in most major cities. One of the remaining groups is Captain JAM's crew. A crew of survivors... some have mutations from all the radiation, but no one holds it against them. This crew is a very tight crew, they focus on speed and heavy fire power to take out enemies when defending territory or on supply runs. Tactically however, its just a "I smash you before you smash me" kinda style. Captain JAM leads them although he has no previous experience of any kind... his title of "Captain" is self imposed, he was just the toughest. They mainly try to live as peacefully as they can... sort of. Feuding among members of the crew is common, the number two man is currently up in the air, lots of contenders but Captain JAM doesn't figure he'll ever die so doesn't give it any thought whatsoever.

Group shot. Strikin' a pose.

In the purple armour Tevin and Thomas, brothers (aka Purple haired bros.) in the red armour their father Tik and in the blue armour (green hair) Sleek

With the maltov cocktail Jeg with the horned helmuts Zub and Zeb with the green mohawk Billy

Black mohawk Tyrone, Jonah Hex (long story, but turned out to be great, great, x20 grand father of Captain JAM, got to 2089 through a time portal) in the black bandana Joe and the evil leprechaun McStabby

Light transport shot. the ATV is Captain JAM's (and that's him standing on it) Zak on the white motorcycle Boris n' Bruno the two headed mutant and Slik on the dirtbike.

Zarko the Necromancer and Whitmore the guy with jetpacks.

Another group shot.

Captain JAM and his cestus... y'know in case both his guns crit. fail.

Oh what?! OP Captain JAM with wings? Yep, enemies beware. He can take to the skies and reign down hellfire with dual desert eagles.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

pkbrennan
Minifig

Re: My Army UPDATE: 3/27/13

Post by pkbrennan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:08 am

This is definitely getting interesting. :D
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 am

Thanks. Just got a bunch of weapons and armour from BrickWarriors. Great quality and great fit... everything is amazing. Captain JAM has the demon armour which having two clips in the back makes for crazy versatility.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:00 am

Yeah I would love some BrickWarriors armour but the UK suppliers don't do mail order. BrickArms do some wonderful weapons and minifigforlife.com sells them mail order in the UK, so... this explains why I buy BrickArms stuff.

If I could set up in business doing BrickWarrior stuff mail order for the UK, I would.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:28 am

Just realized I forgot to take a picture of Domina Trixie. Captain JAM's on and off again girlfriend... and while I'm thinking about it, the serious contenders for second in command are: Domina Trixie (Zub and Zeb would be loyal to her) Jonah Hex (Tyrone and Joe would be loyal to him) Boris n' Bruno (McSstabby and Jeg would be loyal to them) Tik (obviously Tevin and Thomas would be loyal to him) and Zarko (has no one loyal to him due to his shifty nature, but is dangerous nonetheless - would be able to summon/conjurer allies) the rest of the crew don't really give a shit, they just don't want to die and basically hope a new leader wouldn't lead them straight to their deaths.

Domina Trixie: Badass survivor chick. Armoured and dual wields two snub nose revolvers. Flirtatious personality and attractive.
Jonah Hex: In addition to being Captain JAM's great great (x20) grand father, he's incredible with 6 shooters and when those fail, has a cutlass which serves him well. Manages to get out of a lot of hairy situations. Luck seems to be on his side.
Boris n' Bruno: Basically a sad case, two random dudes merged together due to mass amounts of radiation, though, one positive is how incredibly badass they turned out. Wield an impaler rifle and crude sword. Armoured. While both are blood thirsty and menacing, Boris (in helmet) is a little more reserved and a bit more careful than Bruno. They often argue but usually Bruno ends up listening to Boris.
Tik: He and his two sons had their hair turn purple due to all the radiation. He is smart and can motivate his sons to perform incredible feats. Armoured. Wields a katana and a bolt gun. He's in his late 30's and his sons are 16 and 17... had them really young.
Zarko: A total mystery, just showed up one day offering his help in return for some protection. Spell casting takes a lot out of him. Deals in Death Magik. Able to res-erect corpses as bone minions and give friendly allies a +1 to damage rolls within 6"

I am currently entertaining the thought of doing a five way battle royal for the second in command position, and doing a full report for it. We'll see. Also... thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Suggestions? And who do you think would win the fight for second in command based on overall appearance and my descriptions?

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Tue May 14, 2013 1:38 am

Update! Not sure what to call this thing yet. It's very loosely based on the Millennium Falcon, but to be more of a hover ship/troop transport. Lots of frontal assault weapons, but none on the rear, because that is unBrikWars. This ship won't be retreating. Basically full throttle, hit 'em hard, hopefully the ship can take lots of damage and the passengers live long enough to jump out and do more damage. Also fits into my colour scheme fairly nicely. OT and black. Oh and yes the domes will open (two gunners) of course the shark head (whatever it is) opens for the pilot, and the back hatch with the bar part opens and can probably fit in 4 minifigs in reserve.

This is the "Come at me bro!" view.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: My Army UPDATE: 5/13/13

Post by Arkbrik » Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 am

I like the broad chunky look. Everything about that ship says "Come at me bro".

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Tue May 14, 2013 1:55 am

Arkbrik wrote:I like the broad chunky look. Everything about that ship says "Come at me bro".
Thanks dude. Yeah, its aggressive as hell.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue May 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Heh. I have a troop transport that's almost the exact same shape, just with different colored windows, side-mounted engines, and troop exits out the rear instead of the top. My variant also has a top-mounted turret and a rear-gunner, but only because there are doors there. It got a lot funner once I attached a winch & tow cable.

You definitely need moar gunz. How about a mounted gunner wherever the troops deploy? or some more of those bottom-mounted turrets?

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:22 pm

I think it would be cool if instead of gunners, the two domes revealed mortars. I can picture it making a couple of passes over a landing zone, firing off shells to clear the area as it passes over, and then lowering the troops down. It could also give you some defence against aircraft coming in from above. I definitely agree it needs a turret on the bottom, though.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue May 14, 2013 4:42 pm

There seems to be space on the top for a big gun.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue May 14, 2013 10:39 pm

That looks awesome! Needs more dakka for sure, and maybe larger troop area.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed May 15, 2013 12:19 am

Missiles...tons of missiles.
I like your ship Bluefog.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Wed May 15, 2013 12:22 am

...yeah, okay, I'm convinced... needs more guns.