For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Of Games and Thrones - Forum RPG

Post by IVhorseman » Tue May 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Any exit'll do just fine.

I shut the door behind me, and lock it. "Okay. So we've made it. Now what?" I pace about the small, cramped safehouse. I wish I had time to clean myself. Either way, I pack another pipe-load (2 pipe loads remaining) "Okay. so we need to somehow get out there, and get some information. As far as I can see it, we're all going to get tried and hung if we get recognized, so we'll need to hide. That means cloaks, hoods, and false names when possible. But for now, we need to formulate a plan." I take a long draw from my pipe, and exhale slowly. "Brandon, you have served valiantly already, but they'll be looking for someone wounded as you have been. You need to be our eyes and ears. Keep lookout over the safehouse, and if we're compromised, cover our tracks." I contemplate a moment, focusing on the way the smoke bends and curves through the air, how it is unpredictable yet impossible to stop. "We'll also need every ally we can get. We need to find the seedy inns and taverns, and the hidden thieves guilds. Finally, if we plan on actually stopping this evil magician, we need to find Master Laurence."

"Master Laurence has been gone for some time now, and is late for his arrival already. I fear it has something to do with this evil, but his specialized knowledge in necromancy will even outweigh Resco's arcane might in this particular case. While I respect the wizard, I fear that his age, and preference for breadth of knowledge over depth could lead to his downfall. Sir Eduard, I am placing you in authority of our personal honor guard, to defeat this evil and save our king. Shall we search for Resco or Laurence's aid first?"

Basically, i'm putting out two options:
1) leave town and try to intercept Laurence
2) risk entering the palace to find Resco

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed May 22, 2013 5:02 am

Flashback: You run through the dark corridors hidden inside the palace walls. The wounded Sir Brandon leads the way while the Old Lion Sir Eduard covers your back. You hear the news spread and guards searching every room.
You reach the end of the corridor. Sir Eduard informs you: "Here comes the tricky part. We have to leave the secret passage, cross a corridor and make it to the dungeon. The first cell to the right is always empty. There is the hidden entrance to a tunnel that will bring us your of the palace and to the sewers under the city. On my command,....go!"
You hasten down the dimly lit corridor and pass the thick door. You easily find the said cell without incident, only to find it occupied by a haggard person dressed in rags.
"What?! This cell is supposed to remain empty!" you hear Sir Brandon gasp. "Doesn't matter, we go on anyway. You, prisoner, stand back!", the old commander says while he pulls on an iron ring and the wall sinks into the floor.
"THERE THEY ARE!" you hear shouts and hasty steps come down the stairs.
"RUN. I'll hold them as long as I can."
You enter the secret passage. After a moment of surprise the prisoner follows you. Sir Eduard stays behind to defend the entrance. The words "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" are the last life signs you hear from him. Then you enter the darkness.

An hours later you reach the safehouse. You had to swim through sewage and hide from patrols several times but you finally made it. You are dirty and exhausted but endlessly releaved to be safe at least. For now. Your hideout consits of the ruins of an ancient house. In the past centuries, the city was destroyed and rebuilt many times, in most cases simply on top of the old ruins. Nobody really nows how many levels of underground cities there acually are. Many of the sewer canals actually were streets in a former life.
His particular place consists of five rooms: A storeroom filled to the brim with supplies, weapons and armor, a rooms filled with a dozen simple beds, a mostly empty hall, a kitchen and something that looks a bit like an office. A ladder connects to a trapdoor in the cellar of an abandoned building in the merchant district. You entered here directly from the sewers.
"Well, that's our new home, it seems. I'd suggest we all get some rest. But before that:" Sir Brandon faces the prisoner, "who are you, why were you in that cell and why did you follow us?"

[Potential Player Character! Get him now!]

"I fear our enemy will not do us the favour to forget about Master Resco." Quanire points out. "To return to the palace now would be suicide while they are still searching for us. Master Laurence would indeed be the a great help, although you know my oppinion of him.
[You know the two of them don't go along well with each other.] But where did he go?"

So now we officially completed the prologue. Celebration!
You get XP. You reach lvl.2

These characters are present now:
Quanire, healer lvl 2
Sir Brandon is a level 15 fighter/ weapon master
There are three squires, fighter level 2
and an still unnamed criminal, scout lvl [unknown]
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 22, 2013 5:40 pm

UPDATED CHARACTER SHEET
Spoiler
Show
Nebul, Human Sorceror Lv. 2
Male, aged 17, 5'9" tall. Small, ill-formed goatee. Immature, but wise and good.
Speaks common and gravespeak (ancient language of the dead).

Attributes:

Mind: 8
Body: 5
Mobility: 7

Traits:

Str: 0
Con: 1
Dex: 2
Ag: 1
Int: 4
Au: 4

Combat Values:
HP: 16
Defense: 6
Initiative: 8
Movement Rate: 4.5
Melee: 5
Ranged: 9
Spellcasting: 12 (+1 w/ staff)
Targeted Casting: 10

Spells:
Shadow Arrow (level 2)

Equipment:

Standard equipment, plus
Robe
Quarterstaff
Bandages x3
Holy Water x2
Pendant with Holy Symbol
Pipe
Smoke Herbs (2 uses remaining)
Ink
Quill
Mask (Featureless white porcelain mask with two black eyeholes, traditional for Academy Necromancers)

3 SP

Talents:
Magic Sense: Necromancy
Education
Alertness
"Quanire, I know you've had your differences, but I need you to put those aside for now, we have bigger problems. Right now, he's the only person with the knowledge of how to defeat this evil, and we're lucky enough that he's somewhere away from the palace. That means we can find him, intercept him, and solve this problem once-and-for-all." I take another drag from my pipe, then gesture at the prisoner. "The important matter I think may be right in front of us. Who are you? Friend or foe?"

Might as well leave off here for a few days. I'l be willing to pick up whenever you are (even if we don't get any new players) but we should at least wait and see if anyone's down.

Maybe put "looking for players" in the title? I imagine people stopped reading this thread since it's just us two.
Last edited by IVhorseman on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Nah, I've been kinda-sorta keeping up with it. I thought about coming in as Quanire the first time you asked. I just didn't know if I'd have the time/energy to devote to it. I thought I would when I mentioned running more of these in the other thread but I think I was just having a burst and got a little overexcited.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 pm

It's all good. Join in if you want, don't if you don't.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:Nah, I've been kinda-sorta keeping up with it. I thought about coming in as Quanire the first time you asked. I just didn't know if I'd have the time/energy to devote to it. I thought I would when I mentioned running more of these in the other thread but I think I was just having a burst and got a little overexcited.
You are welcome anytime, if you want to join. I'd be happy to have more players.
IVhorseman wrote:Might as well leave off here for a few days. I'l be willing to pick up whenever you are (even if we don't get any new players) but we should at least wait and see if anyone's down.

Maybe put "looking for players" in the title? I imagine people stopped reading this thread since it's just us two.
I agree. Since I will have a busy weekend, let's resume on monday.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: Of Games and Thrones - Forum RPG - LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun May 26, 2013 2:55 am

Well, I gave it some thought.

I thought I might play Quanire at first. But I like the progression of the story better with him as an NPC (with his narrative being told by both the GM and the player who created him).

So when I read the DS rules, I thought I might play the scout. I still will if I must but I'd much prefer to play a healer.

But I wanted to go more the combat medic route and play a dwarven healer. Maybe he was a member of an ambassadorial entourage? But I have no idea how we'd work such a character in as things stand now.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Sun May 26, 2013 4:34 am

Oh, there are ways to introduce a dwarven character. For example:

Sir Brandon has lost his hand and the injury is too severe for Quanire alone to treat properly. All he could do was first aid. (I know there are no rules for limb loss and healing is increadibly easy. For storytelling reasons I will ignore that. Deal with it! ;-) )But the knight has served in the Gray Towers in the past and has friendly relations to the dwarves living there as well as with their ambassador in the city. It is time to ask them for a favor.

The prisoner knows a healer in the city who sometimes performes treatment without asking too many questions - if you can pay for it. HIs shop is near the dwarven district.
Last edited by knolli on Mon May 27, 2013 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun May 26, 2013 11:24 am

Either of those would be really cool. He could even be a link in the story line of where Laurence might have run off to.

Quanire's a healer, but I definitely have in mind that he's a pretty shitty healer at that.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun May 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Right, then. I'll create the Dwarven Ambassadorial Aide tonight.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon May 27, 2013 2:47 am

I built the character at level 1 but I can increase to 2 if you want me to:
Spoiler
Show

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon May 27, 2013 2:52 am

Well, that's weird that it shrunk. It's less than 800 wide at 72 per. You can see the full size thing if you click through and zoom twice. What a pain in the ass, Photobucket.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon May 27, 2013 5:14 am

Looks good. I will go over the numbers later today. What I want to know are his personality, his wishes and believes, his attitude; and of course three people (NPCs) important to him.
@ IVhorseman: If you want you can write a character sheet for Quanire, too.

You are at the safehouse, dirty and exhausted. Sir Brandon is suffering from his injury. Although the wounds are closed he is weakened by bloodloss and infection. Nevertheless he holds command over the squires: "Cover our trail! Block the entrance! Two on look-out posts! The rest: take care of your equipment, clean yourselves and get some rest. We will check the provisions and have a proper debriefing later."

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon May 27, 2013 11:45 am

Is there a quarterstaff in this safehouse? Now that my targeted spellcasting's significantly better than my bow skillz, it's worth using.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon May 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Most Underrated RP

Nominees:
-Of Monsters and Mecha
-Fallen Gods
-Microscope Forum RPG
-Of Games and Thrones

:winrar: Of Games and Thrones

I would join, but I think I'm overcommitted with the forum.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k