NASA Lego Contest [updated with my entry]

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:52 pm

American? I am a UNITED EMPIRE LOYALIST. My blood comes from both Scottish and Irish colonists, who either came to Canada or fled there. My ancestors fought for the world's greatest empire, sacrificing their homes and lives for it. They realized that wars cost money, and money comes from mercantalism which comes from the colonies. Thus, a country which is indebted by past wars might have to increase taxes as necessary. While territories do deserve a voice the taxes needed to be increased. Your ancestors should have just waited it out instead of betraying their country.
Image

Bragallot wrote:Just ask Silverdream. He decides what's true and right, and what someone said or meant at some point, even if they didn't. Clearly he is the most suitable person for fixing this mess.


Bluefog wrote:I mean, I could just throw my feces at you and my feelings would be conveyed adequately.
User avatar
Silverdream
Maximus, I'm Dying
 
Posts: 8427
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Silverdream wrote:American? I am a UNITED EMPIRE LOYALIST. My blood comes from both Scottish and Irish colonists, who either came to Canada or fled there. My ancestors fought for the world's greatest empire, sacrificing their homes and lives for it. They realized that wars cost money, and money comes from mercantalism which comes from the colonies. Thus, a country which is indebted by past wars might have to increase taxes as necessary. While territories do deserve a voice the taxes needed to be increased. Your ancestors should have just waited it out instead of betraying their country.

My ancestors come from Scotland and Denmark, then South Africa, and I was born in London. I actually think Americans are dumb shits.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:05 pm

samuelzz10 wrote: I actually think Americans are dumb shits.


Then you would be a generalizing racist. Some Americans are dumb shits just like some Canadians are giant assholes. I've met a lot of really cool Americans because I live next to the border.
Image

Bragallot wrote:Just ask Silverdream. He decides what's true and right, and what someone said or meant at some point, even if they didn't. Clearly he is the most suitable person for fixing this mess.


Bluefog wrote:I mean, I could just throw my feces at you and my feelings would be conveyed adequately.
User avatar
Silverdream
Maximus, I'm Dying
 
Posts: 8427
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Silverdream wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote: I actually think Americans are dumb shits.


Then you would be a generalizing racist. Some Americans are dumb shits just like some Canadians are giant assholes. I've met a lot of really cool Americans because I live next to the border.

I'm talking about deep south Americans, the ones people associate with Texas, which is where I live. I do know a few good ones, but most of them are very arrogant, for really no reason.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Yeah, those fucking Texans are stupid, they don't even know about racism and generalizations.
Image

Bragallot wrote:Just ask Silverdream. He decides what's true and right, and what someone said or meant at some point, even if they didn't. Clearly he is the most suitable person for fixing this mess.


Bluefog wrote:I mean, I could just throw my feces at you and my feelings would be conveyed adequately.
User avatar
Silverdream
Maximus, I'm Dying
 
Posts: 8427
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Silverdream and samuelzz10...

Still a better love story then Twilight
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Silverdream and samuelzz10...

Still a better love story then Twilight
Is twilight even a love story? I always thought of it as two monsters fighting over a vegetable. FUN FACT: In the Runaways, Kristen Stewart uses her face muscles!
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Colette » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:25 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:Silverdream and samuelzz10...

Still a better love story then Twilight
Is twilight even a love story? I always thought of it as two monsters fighting over a vegetable. FUN FACT: In the Runaways, Kristen Stewart uses her face muscles!

Apparently the English department at my school believes Twilight is not a work of literary merit for the purposes of summer reading, and so one of my friends tried to use Fifty Shades of Grey instead.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet
 
Posts: 2966
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Silverdream and samuelzz10...

Still a better love story then Twilight


Kalvinator and cancer...

Still better than a 12 year old.
Image

Bragallot wrote:Just ask Silverdream. He decides what's true and right, and what someone said or meant at some point, even if they didn't. Clearly he is the most suitable person for fixing this mess.


Bluefog wrote:I mean, I could just throw my feces at you and my feelings would be conveyed adequately.
User avatar
Silverdream
Maximus, I'm Dying
 
Posts: 8427
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby mercury19 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Image

Image
Spoiler: show
Image

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar



http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Avokhan_Empire the Avokhan article
User avatar
mercury19
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Probably somewhere in the Brikverse. Oh wait, you mean physically?

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Silverdream wrote:American? I am a UNITED EMPIRE LOYALIST. My blood comes from both Scottish and Irish colonists, who either came to Canada or fled there. My ancestors fought for the world's greatest empire, sacrificing their homes and lives for it. They realized that wars cost money, and money comes from mercantalism which comes from the colonies. Thus, a country which is indebted by past wars might have to increase taxes as necessary. While territories do deserve a voice the taxes needed to be increased. Your ancestors should have just waited it out instead of betraying their country.


I dare you to call Britain "The World's Greatest Empire" in India or the Middle East.  Or the Caribbean.  Or most of Africa.  Or a Native American reservation, for that matter.  

And by the way: we were actually fine with paying higher taxes, but the British government insisted on doing it in the most onerous and intrusive way possible in order to maintain authority over the colonies.
[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

Image
User avatar
Theblackdog
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Kalvinator » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:09 am

Silverdream wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:Silverdream and samuelzz10...

Still a better love story then Twilight


Kalvinator and cancer...

Still better than a 12 year old.


Fuckin lol
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 am

Theblackdog wrote:And by the way: we were actually fine with paying higher taxes, but the British government insisted on doing it in the most onerous and intrusive way possible in order to maintain authority over the colonies.

Pretty much.  We sort of reluctantly signed a declaration of independence, except smugglers like John Hancock, of course.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product
 
Posts: 6573
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:50 am

samuelzz10 wrote:FUN FACT: In the Runaways, Kristen Stewart uses her face muscles!


:warhead:

samuelzz10 wrote:I'm talking about deep south Americans, the ones people associate with Texas, which is where I live. I do know a few good ones, but most of them are very arrogant, for really no reason.


FUN FACT: Not all Americans are idiots.

Our idiots are just louder than others.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: NASA Lego Contest!

Postby samuelzz10 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:09 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:FUN FACT: In the Runaways, Kristen Stewart uses her face muscles!


:warhead:

Then you're gonna want to see this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxIgszm0tVQ
I HAVE A PROBLEM
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests