The Potsdamned Guard of the Second Teutonic Reich

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

noDice!
Champion
Champion

The Potsdamned Guard of the Second Teutonic Reich

Post by noDice! » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Backdrop: Many generations ago, the Teutons were a proud war-like people, but after having their right to bear arms and thus field an army stripped away by the Federation of Nations, the Teutons have become passive simpletons. In an effort to restore the former glory of the Fatherland, an esoteric occult society (believed to be the long-forgotten Teutonic Order) has risen the long-dead Kaiser and his Marshals from the dead. The undead beings, known as die gesichtslose "the faceless", have toppled the Federation's puppet republic in Teutonia and become the new aristocratic class, essentially leaving the Bluts "Bloods" (the living) as slaves to the Kaiser and his minions. None-the-less, the Teutons have sworn eternal allegiance to der Kaiser and the restoration of the Teutonic Empire. Der Kaiser, whose true name has been forgotten by modern Teutons due to all records of his existence being banned and untaught for generations, has already united all Teutonic speaking peoples and is now prepared to invade foreign sovereigns.

Army Build: Proto-Steampunk genre. Blend of armored cavalry, musketeers, and simple steam-powered and gear-driven technologies. Technologies will progress as the Empire grows (In other words, I'm still building) ;). Armies are based on a simplified and flexible regimental system. As you will see my Army is based on the 18th-19th Century Prussians mixed with influences of the Order of the Teutonic Knights. The Order will appear later.

The Potsdamned Guard is the home guard regiment of the Empire. The Potsdamned Guard is mostly comprised of humans, but also includes a small elite body of the Faceless.

1st Battalion Blut Garde Infantry Sqaure: Musketeers, Halberders, Grenadiers (capable of hurling grenades) on the flanks.

Kaiser's Courtiers: The Großkomtur (Grand Master), his Marshals, the Tote Wache (Dead Guard/Watch), the Inquisitors, and the Crown Bearer (the only human member of the court). Der Kaiser is not pictured. :mystery:

The Inquistors are part of the Order of the Herrenmeister, they are zealots and judges, they carry goblets said to contain the actual blood of the living Kaiser.

Sapper/Engineer Company, clad in armor, used for construction, sapping, and blasting holes in enemy defenses. Note the powder keg mine.

The Faceless Garde Horsemen: These are Light-Cavalry Hussars/Dragoons armed with Sabers and Muskets. I also have Light-Lancer, and Heavy Cuirassier regiments.

Das Dreifachegefahr "The Triple Threat"

Automatische Kanone Gear-driven walking cannon, the cannon can tilt up to the operator who can then drop new shells in the barrel.

Das Fußboot Steam-powered double cannon walking boat. Inside with the operator are two Jägers, sharpshooters who are also used as Imperial bounty-hunters.

The top cannon is mounted above the engine compartment, the rod in the rear that runs down to the bi-pod's axle is the drive shaft.

Well there's a preview of my army, thanks for looking. I want to add zeppelins and various forms of steam-driven mechanized armor, let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions I'm knew to BrikWars so any Help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by noDice! on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Re: The Potsdamned Guard of the Second Teutonic Reich

Post by Apollyon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Epic backstory, names and actual figs of course! :godwin:

Edit: Hey, who messed with my avatar?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Really cool stuff. It's cool to see a steam-punk army. Really cool character designs too.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Impressive stuff. Very well done and unique.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Amazing stuff, especially the steampunk walking cannons, but my personal favorites have to be the minifigs and the Triple Threat.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Fantastically well done.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

R4m3N
Hero

Post by R4m3N » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:31 pm

I really like the vehicules and the artillery. The figs are also really interresting, good job man.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Hey, this is really cool. Solid backstory, nice figs, epic vehicles and such, great pictures. Well done. I look forward to more.

noDice!
Champion
Champion

Post by noDice! » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 am

Thanks everyone, all of your comments are very motivating.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Well, we'll see what else comes out of your twisted little mind, but so far it has been all good. :)

noDice!
Champion
Champion

Post by noDice! » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:23 am

Zupponn wrote:Well, we'll see what else comes out of your twisted little mind, but so far it has been all good. :)
I like your style, :twisted:

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:56 am

noDice! wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Well, we'll see what else comes out of your twisted little mind, but so far it has been all good. :)
I like your style, :twisted:

Also, have you ever played the game Age of Empires II? As I'm wondering where you got your inspiration.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:47 am

Best Steampunk army ever.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

noDice!
Champion
Champion

Post by noDice! » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Kalvinator wrote: ....Also, have you ever played the game Age of Empires II? As I'm wondering where you got your inspiration.
No, but I am a fan of Empire Total War. I have and sell custom Napoleonic Era minifigs (see my facebook link). Parts I deem unfit for sale go to my personal collection pool so I have some stuff to play around with. For BriKWars I wanted/needed some fun hardware and in keeping with the 19th century theme, I went steampunk (but I'm far from where I wanna be). My first custom historical minis were the Prussian Death's Head hussars (for those who are unfamiliar, I am saddened but not shocked by your lack of historical pedigree).
:umad:

Other than that, here is my inspiration:

Above: Generalfeldmarschall August von Mackensen in Death's Head Hussar Uniform

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

noDice! wrote:My first custom historical minis were the Prussian Death's Head hussars (for those who are unfamiliar, I am saddened but not shocked by your lack of historical pedigree).
Haha, oh, you dick.