When Brikwars Dreams: Roleplaying Wargame

Like a Dewey Decimal system of destruction

Moderators: Scratch, OneEye589

Reality Glitch
Champion
Champion

When Brikwars Dreams: Roleplaying Wargame

Post by Reality Glitch » Mon May 06, 2013 3:16 pm

I can't find any battles open at the moment, so I'll start one of my own. The sign-ups will take place in this thread.

This will be an adventure campaign were each player (instead of playing a single hero or an entire army) will play a small band of minifigs, adventuring parties if you will, to explore a newly discovered, uncharted territory in the 'verse. Each faction has sent one of these parties to ruff it out in potentially lethal environs. Neutral parties are bound to emerge, but whether or not you are one is up to you. Now go, go out into the unknown.

Each party much have the following:
Party Lead: Preferably a self-insert, must be designed using the standard brikwars rules and supplements. May not cost more than 100cp including weapons and SupernaturalPowers.
Party Members: Five minifigs divided among any number of unit types whether own idea or someone else's, pre-made or made on the spot. Put together the 5 may not cost more then the lead.
Party Sponsor: Your alliance, or neutral if you are a neutral party. Each faction gets a exclusive bonus, and may be relevant latter in the game. But as I am not as experianced w/ the faction of the known 'verse I'll let you decide what that bonus is. Look here for inspiration, http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... =6&t=10820. Neutral parties get a secret bonus that we'll be revealed latter.
Last edited by Reality Glitch on Tue May 07, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: When Brikwars Dreams: Roleplaying Wargame

Post by Silverdream » Mon May 06, 2013 5:51 pm

I'll make mine in a bit, just posting as a reminder.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Reality Glitch
Champion
Champion

Post by Reality Glitch » Tue May 07, 2013 11:29 am

Cool, first player. Just remember that this is taking place in my person mindscape, so don't be surprised if you see space marines using fairy wands or a wizard w/ a rocket launcher.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu May 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Reality Glitch wrote:Cool, first player. Just remember that this is taking place in my person mindscape, so don't be surprised if you see space marines using fairy wands or a wizard w/ a rocket launcher.
Well, it sure wouldn't be Brikwars otherwise!

I'm not sure what I would want to come up with, so I'll get back to you if I come up with any ideas in time.

Reality Glitch
Champion
Champion

Post by Reality Glitch » Fri May 17, 2013 2:41 pm

You can always just go w/ cookie cutter regiments from your chosen faction, but the hero/leader should be a well thought out character.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 am

I will probably make one but I want to see someone elses first to get an idea of how it should be done.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Reality Glitch
Champion
Champion

Post by Reality Glitch » Tue May 21, 2013 5:02 pm

It should be done the same way you would make units for a regular game of brikwars, but to clarify I'll post an NPC group.

(( This is the guy that sends you on the exploration mission. ))
Admiral Jusqii Nirve
Skill: 2d8
Move: 8"
Armor: 1d8
Specialities: Heroic Ego (Space admiral AND base 8 cliches), Multitasking (up to 8 at one time), Dicekind Weapon (roll 1d8: 1=nothing, 2=1d6 cc damage, 3=1d8 damage to one w/in 8", 4=1d10 to each w/in 10", 5=Fly 16", 6=Fly to anywhere and take deal X damage to self and each ally w/in half X where X is inches flown, 7=4d10 damage to self and each unit w/in 20", 8=Destroy Jusqii and any ONE other construction the battlefield may not be selected;)

Dej Nirve, Undying Heir
Skill: 1d10
Move: 5"
Armor: Special
Specialities: Heroic Ego (Space Lich Cliche), Beloved Son (Dej and Jusqii do not cause each other to get cranky, other units w/ Heroic Ego will make both cranky as normal.), Space Lich (Dej must take Space Lich as his Heroic Cliche and may not take any others. Dej has an armor value starts at zero which means all damage dealt is considered overkill. He may not reroll armor rolls nor may his armor value be change in anyway except by this ability. Dej may not be prevent, negate, reduce, redirect or otherwise alter in a way that deals less damage to him damage dealt to him and no one can do so for him, not even the most devote will red-shirt on his behalf. Luckly, they don't need to, for on his next turn Dej will rise again as long as his phylactery is intact, when he rises his armor increases by 1 and he gets a bonus to skill rolls equal to the amount of overkill he was most recently dealt. the phylactery has an armor value of 5d10.)

Nirve Squadies (X4)
Skill: 4d8
Move: 4"
Armor: 4d8

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue May 21, 2013 5:05 pm

I dunno, your stats seem underpowered.
Image lol j/k

Reality Glitch
Champion
Champion

Post by Reality Glitch » Wed May 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I made them on the spot. I didn't have any of the material w/ me at the time, but I'll rework them as soon as I can get my stuff to properly craft a good character.

Alcatraz
Hero

Post by Alcatraz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:25 am

Can I join?
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!

The Third World
Nice Dubs
Location: Dayton, Ohio, USA, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe.

Post by The Third World » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Quick question: Can I run Two "parties" that are both out to kill each other?

I was thinking of having an "Azure Heaven Sedition" group with a "Hiksos Star Empire" assassination team following them and both sides trying to do the other one in. The Hiksos are an 'Immortal-Ally' and the Seditionists an 'Anti-Immortal' group: putting them permanently at odds with each other, and keeping the two main sides balanced.

Is that OK?
Brik World: see what it is like in The Third World. Brik Wars get's taken to strange new places, where there is more to war than just the fighting. Ask me about it some time...

Reality Glitch
Champion
Champion

Post by Reality Glitch » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Sorry for not being around lately, my computer broked out, but for some strange reason only my ability to log in was affected. It;s fixed now and I'll be posting more frequently.
Alcatraz wrote:Can I join?
Sure! The more the marrier!
The Third World wrote:Quick question: Can I run Two "parties" that are both out to kill each other?

I was thinking of having an "Azure Heaven Sedition" group with a "Hiksos Star Empire" assassination team following them and both sides trying to do the other one in. The Hiksos are an 'Immortal-Ally' and the Seditionists an 'Anti-Immortal' group: putting them permanently at odds with each other, and keeping the two main sides balanced.

Is that OK?
I'm already giving you more then one character, which is stretchin it by TRPG standards, so no. You may have a copious amounts of infighting among your group though.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:47 pm

6. will you build these armies to our specifications?
7. how will this play out? special rules and such?
8. do you want pictures of a force or no?
9. role playing if so how, how are you running this?

Reality Glitch
Champion
Champion

Post by Reality Glitch » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:29 pm

AAAAHHHH!!!! I completely forgot about this, w/ summer college and all. I'm sorry for any inconvenience I've caused.
alphafalcon541 wrote:6. will you build these armies to our specifications?
7. how will this play out? special rules and such?
8. do you want pictures of a force or no?
9. role playing if so how, how are you running this?
6. Not entirely sure. If I can I might, but if not, that's what Photoshop is for. (see No. eight)
7. It's going to be an anything-goes game, but I would like you to run it by me first If you want to use it.
8. YES! Picture will pant a more accurate image of the minifigs, especially since I don't have too many myself.
9. I'm going to try and run it like D&D, but w/ less crunch and more story. Beyond that I'm not sure if I fully understand the question.