The Battle for the Ruins of Greenfield

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

The Battle for the Ruins of Greenfield

Post by Zupponn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:48 pm

So, earlier today, Strider and I got together at a local game shop and Brikwared.

Here's out initial setup.

After turn 1, we both had moved up and neither side had taken any casualties.

After I managed to do 1 point of damage to Strider's Dune Buggy, he scored first blood by taking out one of my Berserkers.

Zupponn preformed a heroic feat to knock the tower in the middle down, crushing one of Strider's jetpacking commandoes. He then was attacked by two other commandoes, but a redshirt saved him.

More casualties were had by both sides as my Bullet Bill transport vehicle rammed the Dune Buggy for no damage.

As you can see, Strider has pretty much taken the middle, while I'm having more success on the sides, especially my right side, which I pretty much blocked off with the Bullet Bill. The left side was a duel of Dreadnuts, neither of which had too much success against the other. I also had the trops in the Bullet Bill empty out this turn.

A little bit of a blurry pic, but in this turn, Zupponn failed his redshirt roll and was gunned down. We also had reinforcements arrive on Strider's side since he was taking some pretty heavy casualties.

While Strider's hero wrecked havoc through the middle of the battlefield, my infantry powered through the right side, attacking the new reinforcements with ferocity. Strider's hero had killed both of my hardsuits at this point. :(

More casualties on both sides while I slowly took out the troops around Strider's hero, taking away all the potential redshirts.

And here's a blurry pic from Strider's point of view, where we can see that his hero has jumped on top of the Bullet Bill where he failed to take out the gunner and one of my soldiers has jumped on top of Strider's dreadnut to avoid its weapons.

After being knocked onto the ground by the Bullet Bill's swiveling guns, Strider's hero got up. My soldier who was on top of the dreadnut took the empty gunner's spot in the Dune Buggy. Strider's dreadnut also fired a grenade that killed 2 of my troops.

I did another point of damage to the Dune Buggy and took out Strider's hero this turn. Things were not going well for him.

The Dune Buggy kamikazied itself into my Dreadnut, doing one point of damage to it and killing my guy in its gunner seat. The driver managed to bail in time, but was gunned down shortly after.

After a couple of more turns, the Bullet Bill's turret was shot off by Strider's Dreadnut, so it dropped its wheels and rocket boosted itself into it in full Bullet Bill style. Both machines were destroyed in the process, leaving me the victor.

We had a good time and created a lot of casualties, so we were happy. Hopefully we can battle again in the future. :D

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Re: The Battle for the Ruins of Greenfield

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:12 am

How did you feel about the 3x3 (baseplate) battlefield? Sizable enough to battle on?

Were you well received at the game shop?
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Strider
Champion
Champion

Post by Strider » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:31 am

Battlefield was a nice size, just big enough for carnage :twisted: they seemed fine having us

the Bullet bill doing what it does best and the firing lines were the best part of the game. And my one commando and hero just wrecking all his heavies. Will definitely be up for attempting to squash you on a later date :P

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 am

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:How did you feel about the 3x3 (baseplate) battlefield? Sizable enough to battle on?

Were you well received at the game shop?
3x3 seemed perfect for this size battle and I know the game shop's manager and most of the employees fairly well, so that might have helped a little, but they're pretty good people anyways, so I would think that if I didn't know them that it would have been fine too.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Loved the report can't wait for another
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:15 pm

alphafalcon541 wrote:Loved the report can't wait for another
Maybe, but I wouldn't know when. I don't think that Strider has been on for a long time, but maybe I'll try to Brikwar the other guy who is very close to me.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:06 am

Really cool report, I'm glad this got necroed.