Call of Cthulu

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Call of Cthulu

Post by Silverdream » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Frank Koller
Zupponn wrote:Use my super duper detective skills (aka gather information) to try and deduce anything useful from the mess down here. Also, take the picture off the wall and examine it further.
You look at the albums and files and deduce that it's some sort of big Geneology project. Out of the three boxes opened, two families are only traced to the 19th century, but the Pêcher family traces itself back to the 11th. Apperently the Pêchers are descendent from a French crusader knight.

You look at the picture, it looks like a school. What's you notice is that the flag being flown is the Union Jack and not the Red Ensign. Joel Myers had gone to School in the states a few years back, but he never mentioned if he'd gone to a school in Britain.

Clara Miller
Arkbrik wrote:Pay a visit to the kooky private investigator and see if he's got anything new.
You go down the street, seeing nothing really noteworthy or unusual. You open the door to his office, but the place is empty. You do notice that the basement door is open though.

James Cawthorn
mgb519 wrote:Call my half brother. We keep good relations, and he'll be interested to hear about how well my interview went.
Also, clean the M1911 I keep from my time spent fighting in Mexico and Turkey. As I start tomorrow, it'll be good to know that it's still in proper condition.
You call your half-brother about the interview, and ask him about his life. He's doing fairly well, the kids have stayed out of trouble and his wife cooked the most delicious meatloaf the other night.

The M1911 is easily disassembled, cleaned and reassembled. It's held up nicely over the years, another fine piece of Yankee engineering.

Alan Yelnats
Alcatraz wrote:Try to shoot him as much as I can before I pass out. If I kill the asshole can you patch me up lawmaster, there should be a military grade medkit in the cabin of the snowplow.
You fire your pistol twice, missing both times before the strength in your arm fades. Funnily enough, your opponent misses when he fires back. He walks up and stands over you, holding the shotgun. The barrel directs itself downward, between your eyes. Sten Bos watches from the car, still tied up and beaten badly. Both of you are helpless. You try to struggle and move, but you don't even have the strength to tell him to go fuck himself.

-14hp

Alan Yelnats is dead, but I can create a new character if you want, Alcatraz.

Also, in case you guys are wondering shotguns do 4d6 damage. Scary, eh?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:51 am

Clara Miller

Shout "Hello? Mr [surname of kooky investigator]?" while going down into the basement.

(What is the name of the kooky investigator? I'm guessing it's Joel Myers)

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:40 am

You are correct. I probably should have mentioned it.
Image lol j/k

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:55 am

Go and confront this new arrival. Find out who she is and if she knows anything about Myers.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 pm

James Cawthorn
Did I ever have lunch/ I can't remember. If I'm feeling hungry, I'll head out for lunch.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Zupponn wrote:Go and confront this new arrival. Find out who she is and if she knows anything about Myers.
"Miller. Journalist." I say, flashing my press card. "I've been getting updates from Myers on the Lupanes case. Who are you? One of Myers' associates?"

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:14 pm

"Hello mam', my name is Peter Fist, and I have the dubious honor of having woken up in this house without any idea of the occupant or how I came to be here. The last thing I recall is being over 200 miles away." I relay the full incident, including finding the cash and the confrontation with MGB's character. "Do you know anything about this man that would explain why he has boxes of family records in his basement, or how I came to wake up here?"
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Confrontaion?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Alcatraz
Hero

Post by Alcatraz » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Carl Yelnats, identical twins, he works for the Army weapons research division, owns a 1911 and a Tommy Gun. He came to visit his brother in Canada. Carl saw his brother go after the car and saw his brother get killed, and is a bit more proficient in
sub-machine guns, he will fire his entire drum of ammo at full-auto at the bad guy. Can my character have a extra perk because he saw his brother get killed?
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Alcatraz wrote:Carl Yelnats, identical twins, he works for the Army weapons research division, owns a 1911 and a Tommy Gun. He came to visit his brother in Canada. Carl saw his brother go after the car and saw his brother get killed, and is a bit more proficient in
sub-machine guns, he will fire his entire drum of ammo at full-auto at the bad guy. Can my character have a extra perk because he saw his brother get killed?
I'll let you have everything else, but I'm not allowing you to re-appear where you died. Especially since the road is empty.

You could be looking for your brother or something while you came to Vancouver, but you won't know that he died.

James Cawthorn
mgb519 wrote: Did I ever have lunch/ I can't remember. If I'm feeling hungry, I'll head out for lunch.
You feel somewhat hungry, and decide to head out for lunch. There are a few good sandwich shops and delis around. Donaghy's is a good and well priced sandwhich shop. Joanna's Cafe offers good tea and coffee in addition to a few good sandwhiches, it also has a pretty good atmosphere. The King George Pub has pretty good and cheap booze. Thank god prohibition isn't still in effect.
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:31 am

"Well, Joel Myers is a private eye, those are probably his suspect files. Odd to keep tabs on ordinary families. But then again, Myers has always been an odd man. He's looking into Lupanes for me - the banker, you know - and thinks Lupanes is the antichrist.

I don't know more than you how you travelled 200 miles in a night. Do you know where Myers is? I haven't heard from him in two weeks."

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:26 pm

"I came up here to meet with Myers, but have been unable to locate him since I've been here. I'm Frank by the way. I'm a Private Investigator out of Milwaukee."

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Damn. If I wasn't trying to play the straight man, I might have actually found out something relevant.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Alcatraz
Hero

Post by Alcatraz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Ask around to see if anyone knows where he is, and search everywhere. EDIT: Stop by a local P.I 's office beforehand and ask if anyone can investigate.
Last edited by Alcatraz on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:42 pm

"Pleasure. Well, let's try and find out where Myers has gone."

Go to Myers' office and look over his desk, try to see what he was last working on.