Custom Items

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Custom Items

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:02 pm

This is a thread for sharing items that you use (or would at least like to use) in Brikwars battles that you've made up. Also, discuss new uses for rare or annoyingly useless Lego pieces.

Here are some of mine:

Jumpjets: take any colored jetpack piece for minifigs and place it on the battlefield. When a unit puts it on, they gain the ability to "jump" up to 10 inches vertically each turn in addition to normal movement. Combine the two for awesome maneuvers.

Image Image Image

Universal Remote: Take a walkie talkie piece and attach a flat painted 1x2. Roll a d6 to use a universal remote (counts as attack phase). A roll of 2, 3, 4, or 5 let's the unit holding the remote take control of any electrical or mechanical device within an 8" radius for that turn.
A roll of 6 gives unit permanent control over the device until the unit dies or the remote is destroyed.
A roll of 1 destroys the remote and does damage to the unit. (1d6?)
Fun Idea 1: Unit comes in range of enemy machine gun turret, unit uses universal remote, the gun turret spins around and fires at enemy troops.
Fun Idea 2: Unit takes control of nearby enemy car using universal remote. Windows roll up, doors lock, windshield wipers go haywire, the Macarena plays over the sound system, car is sent careening into a wall at 60 mph.

Image + Image or Image

Portable Portal (Portalble for short): Designated color of suitcase. Units holding portable portals can send handheld objects and weapons to any other portable portal on the battlefield. (Portable Portals have been known to reject objects such as flags in CTF games.)
Fun Idea 1: Enemy unit is seen carrying a Portable Portal. Take your own Portable Portal and send them a live grenade just as it explodes.
Fun Idea 2: Have a squad member carry a portable portal device and keep another in your base to easily resupply them with weapons and armor.

Image Image Image

Share your ideas and experiences!
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:08 pm

i use similar jumpjets, but i rule just double movement. the first 5" the minifig walks, and the second he uses the jumpjets to go another 5" in any direction. cause i mean honestly. someone with a jetpack's gonna use it to speed forward, ESPECIALLY a minifig.

for useless parts, i'm really hoping someone found a for use for a hairbrush and those floor brooms. i'm proud of myself for using frying pans as vehicle mounted small gun turrets (hey, it rotates!).

then something i've used is ammunition packs and High Explosive Rounds. i tend to use the HE rounds more often, and they're represented by clear green 2x2 cylinders. if a minifig attaches one to a vehicle's gun (or a mech slaps it on it's gun), that gun gains an additional 2d10 damage on it's next shot. unfortunately, it's only a one time shot.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Sometimes (not always, depending on the style of battle) we use binoculars to add +1 to all accuracy rolls for long range. And I like all the above ideas...
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:41 pm

King of Brix wrote:Sometimes (not always, depending on the style of battle) we use binoculars to add +1 to all accuracy rolls for long range. And I like all the above ideas...
hahahaha wow. i use em to add 1d6 to accuracy over long range, but only with siege weapons.

kidko
Officer

Post by kidko » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:44 pm

I like the Portalble idea... we got, like, 5 suitcases out of those LEGO advent calendars, and haven't ever really used them. But now...

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:41 pm

You see? Everything is useful in Brikwars, if you put your mind to it and come up with some ad-hoc rules. As my friend Hlbeta (who hasn't joined the forums yet, for some odd reason) says: "The basic premise of Brikwars says one thing; wing it."
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:30 pm

I like these but there's not enough chaos. Therefore I suggest the following "improvements:"

Jump jets are powerful but low-precision. When a jump jet is activated, the minifig chooses the direction he wants to go (vertical, horizontal, whatever), hits the button, and... rolls 1d6. Whatever he rolls, that's how far he goes, and the movement is so fast that he can't take any Actions in the middle. Furthermore, rolling Bonus Dice is mandatory on any Critical Success, so he may end up going a lot farther than he intended.

With all the radio static and EMP bursts of high-tech warfare, universal remotes have intermittent range problems. Rather than a range of 8", their range is 1d10", with a new roll on every turn that you try and remote-control something.

I love that portalble idea, but they need a roll too, because there are so many things that should be able to go wrong. Object disappears, object sent to wrong place, two objects arrive instead of one (but one has a goatee and is evil), minifig sends himself instead of object, minifig sends portalble through itself instead of object, portalble opens portal to dimension of Elder Gods and BrikThulhu arrives, etc. Think of every dumb transporter accident in the history of bad Star Trek plots.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 pm

are you suggesting a ker-Heisenberg table? i have to admit, that and the ker-triage are my two favorite tables of all time.

and for briefcases, they work remarkably well for CTF if you don't think flags would be reasonable. i've also got plans for a battle where one team's objective is to go in, grab the briefcase, and GTFO

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:08 am

for the jump pack an interesting idea would be to have a ruller cut in half so you have just the one through six inch side and place it in front of the minifig so that he is between the three and the four and then whatever you roll on a d6 he goes 12 inches in that direction (of the number on the ruler) even if he nocks himself into a wall. maximum destructionthere fore a 3 or 4 gets him where he wants to go and anything else gets him somewhere else

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Well, here's an item for you: the Fire Extinguisher

Cost: 1 CP
Armor: 0.5
Range: Thrown
Special Abilities: Smoke Screen; Ranged Blunt Object

Smoke Screen: By shooting the Fire Extinguisher, you can create a smoke screen that will cover an area 6" in diameter that will reduce the visual range of any unit caught inside to 1". Smoke disappates after 3 rounds.

Ranged Blunt Object; When shot the Fire Extinguisher will shoot off 10" in a random direction, dealing 2d6 dmg upon impact

"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:07 pm

It should also put out fires
(though I don't know why anybody would do that..... :roll: )
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:21 pm

i really like it actually! it's an excellent way to drop a smokescreen (although representing it could be hard, and a static 3 rounds is a bit boring). what about smoke lasts 1d4 turns (and by this, i mean at the beginning of a turn you roll a d4, and on a 1 it dissipates). actually, d6 is probably more practical.

anyways, yes they should be able to put out fires (drop it by one fire level per turn, if using my fire rules), and having it fly off in a random direction EVERY time it's used seems a bit annoying. i'd just slap that into critical failure.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:29 pm

Nah, I've got it. On smokescreen, you get 1d20 white bricks, piled up however you like. These bricks provide full visual cover, although they don't impede movement or damage of course. At the beginning of each turn thereafter, remove one brick.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:50 am

Image + a grey nozzle of some kind (for whatever reason I couldn't find a picture of one on Bricklink) = Fire Extinguisher.

That's perfect because they're really easy to make, small enough to launch out of things, and best of all, minifigs can carry them a bunch of different ways!

Now it's time to visit the ol' pick-a-brick wall to stock up on white smoke. (I wish)
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:Image + a grey nozzle of some kind (for whatever reason I couldn't find a picture of one on Bricklink) = Fire Extinguisher.

That's perfect because they're really easy to make, small enough to launch out of things, and best of all, minifigs can carry them a bunch of different ways!

Now it's time to visit the ol' pick-a-brick wall to stock up on white smoke. (I wish)
I actually came up with the idea for the Fire Extinguisher after finding one of those in yellow that I must've built about seven years ago. But, since I was too lazy to take a picture of it or find a picture, I went with an example photo that I took down in Redwing during a invite only MG shoot last summer.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto