Post by Kalvinator » Sat May 04, 2013 1:05 am

Such wonders...

Amazing stuff man.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Re: Praetorian Fleet Yard

Post by dilanski » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Claudia Wright - Chief Science Officer Log - H.E.M.S Lennox - TDS 04026.14.20-01:03

They Were Right
We never truly believed them until now. I'm certain it isn't a ruse, yes the proximity to their space makes it seem like a fake, but they'd never go to such trouble, even then we'd have never found the damn thing if we hadn't of swapped opinions on the Immortals, we'd have never been within light years of the system if they hadn't requested us to set up supply lines between us. But orange transparent dating doesn't lie, between that, the ships logs, and the fact the technology is two decades ahead of us, I no longer think we can doubt them. I still have no idea how it got here, displaced in time and space and stuck on the inside of a solid asteroid. We'll have the engineers beaming on later, that should supplement my science team, hopefully they'll have brought a power generator to get us off backup, and some cutting tools, maybe some warm cocoa as well.

Supplement - 02:05

Took them long enough but power is now on, no cocoa though. The ships has a hologram, And it is just like the one on the Inexorable-Class, young, pale, messed up eyes and arrogant. It identified itself as 'Newton', which seemed odd as the one aboard the 'Nex has a been designated the same. I'm now able to use the computer fully, it seemed that when the ship was abandoned, some systems were locked down, only to be made available upon specifically a V5 Field generator being installed, which is weirding me out to no end, though by now I should be used to it.

Supplement - 05:28

We used lasers aboard the Lennox to cleave the asteroid open, and now we can truly appreciate the surprise in this kinder egg. The engineering crews were out the airlock immediately to have a space-walk onto the weapons batteries, they're already chucking a bunch of terms around that even I as a physicist fail to understand.

Final Supplement - 08:59

The word is out, already we have salvage ships inbound and were being shuffled onto an evac shuttle, R&D will have a field-day with this thing, and I know many higher-ups will be carefully studying every word written in the ships logs. The last thing I managed to do was access the secure portion of the ships computer, It contained plans to the ship itself, according to them it's called the Apotheosis. Fitting.

I never believed them until now. The propaganda always fell on deaf ears. Now though I know, we'll all know.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

dilanski wrote:
Claudia Wright - Chief Science Officer Log - H.E.M.S Lennox - TDS 04026.14.20-01:03

They Were Right
We never truly believed them until now. I'm certain it isn't a ruse, yes the proximity to their space makes it seem like a fake, but they'd never go to such trouble, even then we'd have never found the damn thing if we hadn't of swapped opinions on the Immortals, we'd have never been within light years of the system if they hadn't requested us to set up supply lines between us. But orange transparent dating doesn't lie, between that, the ships logs, and the fact the technology is two decades ahead of us, I no longer think we can doubt them. I still have no idea how it got here, displaced in time and space and stuck on the inside of a solid asteroid. We'll have the engineers beaming on later, that should supplement my science team, hopefully they'll have brought a power generator to get us off backup, and some cutting tools, maybe some warm cocoa as well.

Took them long enough but power is now on, no cocoa though. The ships has a hologram, And it is just like the one on the Inexorable-Class, young, pale, messed up eyes and arrogant. It identified itself as 'Newton', which seemed odd as the one aboard the 'Nex has a been designated the same. I'm now able to use the computer fully, it seemed that when the ship was abandoned, some systems were locked down, only to be made available upon specifically a V5 Field generator being installed, which is weirding me out to no end, though by now I should be used to it.

We used lasers aboard the Lennox to cleave the asteroid open, and now we can truly appreciate the surprise in this kinder egg. The engineering crews were out the airlock immediately to have a space-walk onto the weapons batteries, they're already chucking a bunch of terms around that even I as a physicist fail to understand.

The word is out, already we have salvage ships inbound and were being shuffled onto an evac shuttle, R&D will have a field-day with this thing, and I know many higher-ups will be carefully studying every word written in the ships logs. The last thing I managed to do was access the secure portion of the ships computer, It contained plans to the ship itself, according to them it's called the Apotheosis. Fitting.

I never believed them until now. The propaganda always fell on deaf ears. Now though I know, we'll all know.
Don't tell me, you're doing story tie-ins with Scythe.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Colette wrote:
dilanski wrote:

They Were Right

Don't tell me, you're doing story tie-ins with Scythe.
Maybe. Nothing that's been run past him, just going off on my own little tangent. A big tangent that is, with giant battleships, and lasers.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:31 pm

The Apotheosis represents a massive shift in Praetorian Doctrine, that has seemingly appeared out of nowhere. It dwarfs all other ships of its class, and brings to bear fire power that eclipses dreadnoughts.

It's primary armament is a set of fifteen 'Fire Tempest' Cannons, which use containment fields normally found in antimatter projectors to rapidly accelerate charges of highly ionised plasma at a rate of 48 bolts per second, dealing massive kinetic, thermal and electromagnetic damage to any target. It's secondary armament is composed of 2 different types of missile, the first, mounted in vertical launch tubes on the fore of the vessel, is a derivative of Immortal Black-hole weaponry, while the other missiles are mounted behind armoured covers mid-ship and carry enhanced fusion warheads. Finally the vessel has 4 laser cannons similar to those mounted on the Inexorable and Exodus ships, however they use an electromagnetic focusing aperture to achieve a vastly more powerful energy beam.

The vessels shield technology is also a leap from that currently in use, and the ships reactor uses a temporal field to effectively 'over clock' its output.

It is unknown how most of this technology was sourced, with most of it being beyond the Praetorians current tek level, possibly by decades.
Spoiler
Show
Dear Colette,
Colette wrote:I’ve decided to bump down the tri-barreled Praetorian turrets to medium.
makes me a really unhappy camper.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:34 pm

How'd you get the effect on the picture, it looks..different. Also, awesome build.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Mother-fucker . . . All this after one little conversation over Steam?

You sir, I like the cut of your jib.

You got a download for this? I want to pick through its design once I get off of my night shift.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:36 pm

The Praetorians are shaping up to be the one-man band of space navies.

Those new turrets might count as mega-class for statting, if they don't have their own exotic stats.

Remember though, more Dakka means less accuracy and makes it harder to hit anything.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Kalvinator wrote:How'd you get the effect on the picture, it looks..different. Also, awesome build.
If you go into the 'Edit' drop down then 'preferences', it brings up a settings menu. Tick both 'High quality rendering' boxes and move the shading slider to full. and the box for outlines on bricks becomes available. Except when dealing with huge part counts it has little effect on performance at all.

Old Wiki Download

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:27 am

dilanski wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:How'd you get the effect on the picture, it looks..different. Also, awesome build.
If you go into the 'Edit' drop down then 'preferences', it brings up a settings menu. Tick both 'High quality rendering' boxes and move the shading slider to full. and the box for outlines on bricks becomes available. Except when dealing with huge part counts it has little effect on performance at all.

Old Wiki Download
Oh, cool. Good to know. It makes it looks cool.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:31 am

Two little details I think you should have shown . . .

These missile bays, to my surprise when they fucking opened - this be awesome.

And these missile bays, which really needed to open too - but are still awesome.

Other than that, it was really interesting just to poke through somebody else's build techniques for once - bravo to you sir.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:50 am

Holy crap this is amazing.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:47 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:Two little details I think you should have shown . . .

These missile bays, to my surprise when they fucking opened - this be awesome.
I wanted these to be the skin of the teeth weapon, for when vessels have closed to point blank, and most of the turrets have been incapacitated, or the vessel is running low on power, to be able to open the hatches, or even cooler, blow the explosive bolts, and launch a storm of 30 odd intact nukes in every direction, to cripple smaller ships that may be swarming, or to deal the killing blow to something bigger.

The other bays I wanted to be recessed in for 'Aesthetic reasons' (or whatever resembles aesthetics when your trying to find more places to attach guns), really though those are the longer range system, firing what could be called 'near gravitational singularity' weapons, not quite as powerful (awesome) as what the immortals use, but they'll literally throw smaller ships around like unwanted toys, and deal structural damage to larger ships as they're bent by varying gravitational forces.

As I said, it seems to be from the future, built from future technologies of various races, and designed using hard won battle experience against a powerful enemy. It's lucky then, that at the moment, the complex nature of the ships systems makes mass construction a pipe dream, with each ship currently needing to be individually calibrated and many exotic materials in the design are currently unavailable in the required quantities to produce more than a wing of these ships. finally, transplantation of the technology to other vessels is also some time away. You can all sleep easy over this, for now.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 pm

This ship is ossum. I'll have to take a closer look at your ships.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Out of nowhere the Praetorian Navy expressed an interest in acquiring vast amounts of the super dense De-187 gas, and were willing to award a lucrative contract to whoever could supply it, multiple Industrial firms jumped to put in place the infrastructure to meet the demands. In the end the internal group P.G. were awarded to contract, due to both brown envelopes and there fleet of new Tycoon Mass Haulers.

These vessels are a joint project of 12 corporations from 8 different empires. Built with superior hyper-drive and capacity, for that reason they are slowly becoming a common site in space lanes across galaxies.

Tycoon vessels are larger than most battleships, and have room for up to 6 large cargo 'containers', the vessel shown here is a P.G. vessel, with their propriety gas canisters. These vessels are designed to run off a skeleton of crew, 12 being the minimum recommended although twice that is more common. extended communications suites come as standard, at the request of J&H deep space salvage, and also have a small hangar bay built in, normally for shuttles and drones, but also for defence craft, which came from the input of Yellow Frog hauling Ltd.

A feature special to this hauler is it's ability to rotate around the hull, to increase accessibility of the cargo, already some stations have special cargo racks built to dock with Tycoons in this mode so that unloading can be near instantaneous.

----------------

I rarely build non-military craft, so this was a much needed change. Don't worry, I'll be back to building Supa-Deathnoughts in no time. the vessel is inspired heavily by the Rorqual from Eve, even the 'flipping', although that vessel does it because it feels like, not for something useful.

Empty Variant
P.G. Variant

Feel free to use this in vignettes, battles, Repaint it, strap guns to it, etc.