Factions of Elkoss UPDATED SEPT 5 2013

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Which of these armies would you like to see involved in a battle/forum battle **

Dominion
14%
New Republic
21%
Techion Soverignty
21%
MOTA
14%
Great Triangle Society
7%
Visitors
7%
Minor Faction/s
14%

Total votes: 14

428th Division
Champion
Champion

Re: Minions of the Triangle God

Post by 428th Division » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Kastrenzo wrote: the "Visitors"
Spoiler
Show
Who are literally just a zerg of SW battle droids, Assorted Robots, and Aliens
You referenced the Zerg. You have gained 80 Bennies.

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 pm

well the term rabble or angry mob could have sufficed too
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:45 pm

I made an order for the parts to make 25 Minifig Parts, as well as some extra headgear and weapons and such from pick-a-brick.

The soldiers will essentially look like the following.

I'll need to get some black sticker paper, or some duct tape, as well as spray their hands black, but other than that it's a fairly simple job.
I'll be giving the NR a facelift with this new arrival of figs and weapons, The whole design of that army has always been simple, they're just getting a lot more simple figs, I don't have the money to make intricate designs for my troops and get them in quantities as well, Most third party sites want $3-5 for individual visors, I get them for 10-30 cents off Lego PAB,

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:59 am

*I'm going to have to update this along with the NR later because some of the parts I've ordered are going to be going into facelifting this army as well, Right now it's pretty messy and not organized like I want it to be*

Techion Sovereignty Technology is Power, With Technology we cleanse the wastes
Inspirations - Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel, Planetside's Vanu Sovereignty, Star Control 2's Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah

The Techion Sovereignty is a Technocratic Scientific Evolutionist group who hoard technology, and experiment with cybernetics, weapons, robotics and are even rumoured to posess technology that is not of this world, all in the name of what they call "Enlightenment" They are in many ways similar to the Dominion, Ruled by a single figure known only as the Overlord. In the TS every fig has a duty all in the name of science and evolution, Non-Military Personnel are usually workers or researchers. The TS are wholly intolerant of outsiders who they deem lesser minds unworthy of existence,

The Soverigntey's maintains a smaller army than other factions, but it's soldiers are equipped with Advanced Energy weapons that outclass most enemy weapons due to the fact that most other factions still maintain conventional weaponry, and primitive, unreliable energy weapons. In theory the Techions posess the best armed and armoured army in the wasteland, but their fanatical ideologies and incredibly reckless tactics leave a lot to be desired.Nevertheless their foot soldiers have clear purposes and roles. Their vehicles on the other hand are rather unorganized, possessing no clear doctrine for their use, Most TS vehicles are not comparable to other faction vehicles because the TS do not use conventional APCs, or Tanks, but instead focusing mainly on light attack vehicles, small combat walkers, and swarms of airmobile drones which no other faction posess.

The TS Combat stragety focuses on shock and awe and focused firepower, Bringing their advanced weaponry to bear on the enemy's weak points and exploiting it, Attacking enemies from the front Using waves of Fanatical Zealots backed up by skiled adepts and Auroras, and from all sides from their flying combat drones. Their true power is held back by their fanaticism, many TS Figs are simply undisciplined, and even insane, Which oppononents will take advantage of

Overall picture
Spoiler
Show
Commanders and Special Figs, LtoR, A peon carrying GT Harpoon ammunition, A Zealot with a GT Harpoon, the TS's primary anti vehicle weapon. The TS's only conventional Military General, The Overlord. a Beamsword weilding power armor Adept, and a Drone constructed from what is beilevied to be Alien technology
Spoiler
Show
Initiates - New and Unproven footsoldiers, armed with primitive OT Weapons which are Inferior to the TS's new GT and BT Weapons technology *I may be bordering on treason here but I gauged this based on what was available, I had mass amounts of OT peices but the other colors were more "rare"*
Spoiler
Show
Zealots - The Backbone of the Sovereignty's army, Armed with GT Blasters and decent armor, they are comparable to Dominion Assault Troopers or Republic Guardsmen, except for the aforementioned energy weaponry and reckless behaivor
Spoiler
Show

Adepts - The Elite shock troops of the TS. More disciplined and more experienced than the Zealot grunts, Adepts unlike their common bretheren are a devastating infantry force armed with GT and BT Weaponry, and even possess primitive personal shield technology. Every Techion Warrior aspires to become an Adept, but few have the mental capacity or discipline to keep themselves alive long enough to reach the rank.
Spoiler
Show

VEHICLES
Left - Aurora, the TS' Primary Land Vehicle, It's not a tank, it's not an APC. Outsiders have simply referred to it as an Attack vehicle. It's large laser can be fired in blasts or in a continuous beam, But has a rather obvious weakness in it's power couplings
Center - A rather uncommon IFV Drone that bears an uncanny resemblance to an NR Drone, These drones have since been replaced by something else,
Right - A squadron of VTOL Drones, lighter armored than conventional land drones, but their GT Guns and their mobility make up for it, No other faction is known to posess anything like them. or at least in numbers.
Spoiler
Show
These are just SW sets so I'm not going to bother pretending their anything special. Left is what appears to be a Tank, but is rumoured to be constructed based off an otherworldly design, Right is another example of the TS's interpretation of a Tank, Although this one walks on legs.
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Techion Soveriengty added, I'm going to redo the articles with spoilers for each picture to reduce clutter, and I've added links in the OP for each "completed" faction to their respective posts, In other words I've made it easy to navigate from the OP.

I'm going to do the MOTA next, then the Visitors, And then I'll probably the the rest in a single post *I listed the Greeners, the Great Triangle Society as a Major faction but in reality they're little bigger than the other minors, and I could probably get them all in a single picture, so I'll just put them with the rest of the small groups*

Techions, Trianglists, Republic and to some degree MOTA all need a "facelift" anyway, what I mean by this is I don't have them all organized and in distinct trooper types and such like I do with the white army. I'm also going to post a picture of the current battlespace I have available for a forum battle, so I can get some input on what should be changed for the best battle experience.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:17 am

Just a few shots of my current "play space", open to suggestions to change it around to make it more suitable for a battle, the middle is a giant bottleneck but I can knock down the b/w wall and move/remove those rock things. Let me know on your thoughts.

Also a "Preview" of MOTA at the bottom.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
MOTA Preview
Spoiler
Show

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:32 am

Yeah, there's a little bit of a bottleneck, but minifigs can always climb over the wall and rocks.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:34 am

The wall can be removed and the immediate area can be turned into a forest in about 5 seconds, but I don't have a lot of trees.

Saw pickabrick sells them at $1 and $2 each, but I already exceeded $100 on my last order and I don't have a lot of expendable leisure money right now, saving what is left for Videojams.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:The wall can be removed and the immediate area can be turned into a forest in about 5 seconds, but I don't have a lot of trees.

Saw pickabrick sells them at $1 and $2 each, but I already exceeded $100 on my last order and I don't have a lot of expendable leisure money right now, saving what is left for Videojams.
>spending $100 on Legos
>not having a lot of expendable money

riiiiigggghhhhhtttt

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Kalvinator wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:The wall can be removed and the immediate area can be turned into a forest in about 5 seconds, but I don't have a lot of trees.

>spending $100 on Legos
>not having a lot of expendable money

riiiiigggghhhhhtttt
Kalv, someday you'll understand: putting off buying food is less important than video games. He merely was taking $100 out of his food budget.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:43 pm

I hope you're being sarcastic or you're confused because I said Leisure Budget. as in money for entertainment.

I never spend a lot on food anyway, spend more feeding my dog than myself.

last time I was here was around october/november 2012, I had spent probably $500 on legos at least, and the only thing that held me back from spending more was I was getting a computer that nailed me 3 grand.
I would have spent more back then except there hasn't been a lot of sets I was interested in since 2010-2011, and I wasn't doing Lego as a hobby back then. it was just sitting in a box collecting dust

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I hope you're being sarcastic or you're confused because I said Leisure Budget. as in money for entertainment.
Sarcasm

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:22 am

Kalvinator wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:I hope you're being sarcastic or you're confused because I said Leisure Budget. as in money for entertainment.
Sarcasm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHGnREwQBys

Also, what's the proper code for youtube videos, or is it disabled here?

Kastrenzo

Re: Assorted Armies & Factions of the Triangle Wars

Post by Kastrenzo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:58 am

My Order hasn't arrived, but I made a new addition to the NR, Hovertank Drone built in the same style as the light tank drones. Will only be able to make one though because a lot of peices from this set were unique, as in I only have one of them, just stuff I found in a bucket

NR page was updated with this new vehicle, I will be completley revamping and reorganizing the infantry as well when that stuff arrives

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:19 am

Kastrenzo wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:
Sarcasm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHGnREwQBys

Also, what's the proper code for youtube videos, or is it disabled here?
You need to have mod powers in the forum you're posting in to use the [flash] bbcode for YouTube videos.