BrickArms Heavy Metal

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

spartan117
Officer

Re: BrickArms Heavy Metal

Post by spartan117 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:55 am

I love these so much! The only problem I have with them is sometimes they can kind of "clash" like having a dude with a purist gun and then a dude rocking a brikarms. It kind of makes me go "am I going for tiny realism? Or am I just sticking to the goodness of Legos. It's quite the inner struggle I have. Like wether or not to fap to halo picture or pictures of actual women.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:40 am

the enigma that is badger wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:I know better than to ask for release dates, but still, these had better come out.

SOON.
I know as much as you do! Still, if all the M2HB parts are already at the articles stage, it's only a matter of time for Will to work with his tooler to get all the mold ready for production runs. No idea the other stuff (tripod and MPC), but they are awesome so hopefully Will might put the designs into full production sooner than later.
Again, not asking for dates, but there are some others I would like to see, especially the RPD. Combat Brick has already made a model of a PKP Pecheneg that I got and while it looks nice and detailed, it just feels large and clunky. It also does not come with a magazine. :cry:

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:46 pm

spartan117 wrote:I love these so much! The only problem I have with them is sometimes they can kind of "clash" like having a dude with a purist gun and then a dude rocking a brikarms. It kind of makes me go "am I going for tiny realism? Or am I just sticking to the goodness of Legos. It's quite the inner struggle I have. Like wether or not to fap to halo picture or pictures of actual women.
Fap Fap Fap.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:04 pm

This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:03 pm

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:56 am

Silent-sigfig wrote:
silverdream wrote:Don't forget the monopod and u-clip. Those really add to what you can do with Lego weapons.
I've thought about it, but Lego makes their own, albeit clunky, monopods; and I'm certain that they'll have their own U-clip within the next two years.
Hate to break it to you but I have both, and the Brikarms ones are waaaaaay better. WAY better.

Awesome stuff. Love that tripod, love the flamers, love the scifi laser cannon.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Yeah, not a purist. BrickArms and BrickForge stuff looks badass and is often more functional. Not to mention, they can tackle themes Lego will only touch on. So long as it's high quality, I couldn't care less.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:10 am

I have a ton of BrickWarriors stuff and really like it. Good quality.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Bluefog wrote:I have a ton of BrickWarriors stuff and really like it. Good quality.
I've known about thier stuff for about a year now, and I was considering buying some, but I eventually elected to concentrate funding on Brickarms. I don't have any regrets, but if I ever get some extra $ lying around I'd like to buy some samples of some of their weapons.

Are the same plastic as LEGO uses?

And to touch on the Brickarms subject in general, I like the look a lot because I'm a gun nut, and I've also found a lot of their designs to be really compact compared to multi part LEGO weapons.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:49 am

Good news, that M2HB is out now! I just bought a few and they look good!

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:53 am

From stuff I've seen on their forums is looks like they're going to release a wave of Japanese weapons (bolt rifle, SMG, and LMG) sometime in the future. They have prototypes of the Browning machine available too (the American Maxim gun, not the .50 Cal) which probably mean those will go into production soon as well.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 am

I think I'd rather see the RPD and the M1917 over any of those Japanese guns, though I do admit that I like the bayonet on the Arisaka. I like the vector pretty well too.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:05 am

AZKAMAT wrote:
Bluefog wrote:I have a ton of BrickWarriors stuff and really like it. Good quality.
I've known about thier stuff for about a year now, and I was considering buying some, but I eventually elected to concentrate funding on Brickarms. I don't have any regrets, but if I ever get some extra $ lying around I'd like to buy some samples of some of their weapons.

Are the same plastic as LEGO uses?

And to touch on the Brickarms subject in general, I like the look a lot because I'm a gun nut, and I've also found a lot of their designs to be really compact compared to multi part LEGO weapons.
I don't know if its the exact same plastic but its very similar. Damn near identical. I have no complaints at all. The weapons, accessories, and armor are all really good. They even have a voodoo doll.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:I think I'd rather see the RPD and the M1917 over any of those Japanese guns, though I do admit that I like the bayonet on the Arisaka. I like the vector pretty well too.
Vector's cool, but overmolded so each one is $8 I think.

They've had images and talk on the RPD for a long time now. I think prototypes for it were made around the same time as the M60, which has already gone into production.

the enigma that is badger
Officer

Post by the enigma that is badger » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:30 am

Yep, I picked up a few final production M2HBs at BrickCon, and they're truly great stuff. It's always neat to see how Will and his tooler dial-in all the fits of something as complex as the M2HB to make sure clutch power hits that sweet "not too tight, not too loose" spot; the early samples Will was kind enough to send me (and were used in these shots) worked ok, but production versions are just about perfect.
Ben-Jammin wrote:I think I'd rather see the RPD and the M1917 over any of those Japanese guns, though I do admit that I like the bayonet on the Arisaka. I like the vector pretty well too.
AZKAMAT wrote:They've had images and talk on the RPD for a long time now. I think prototypes for it were made around the same time as the M60, which has already gone into production.
AZKAMAT wrote:From stuff I've seen on their forums is looks like they're going to release a wave of Japanese weapons (bolt rifle, SMG, and LMG) sometime in the future. They have prototypes of the Browning machine available too (the American Maxim gun, not the .50 Cal) which probably mean those will go into production soon as well.
At BrickCon, Will mentioned a few plans he had for 2014, some of which were firmer than others. All in all, he's very aware of what items (especially those designs he's prototyped) builders have oft mentioned they'd like to see hit production, and as far as I can tell, he's got a nice mix of "I've been waiting for this for so long" and "wow, I never thought Will would do that" type items in the pipeline.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."